Do I need a new battery?

Do I need a new battery?

Check the user manual.

You need to clean your terminals. Take the um, blue one off and soak it in baking soda until it stops bubbling. And get a bottle of that red stuff that seals the terminals from that.

Nah, just pour a 2 liter of Coke on it.

no but you might need a new terminal plug, depending how badly it's corroded

You don't need a special product.
Petrolium Jelly is a great dielectric grease.
Car manuals, even super car manuals, used to tell you to use it on your battery terminals.
the specialized products don't actually work.

Not OP but I can help. Only have 1 liter tho

My old man told baking soda

What the fuck? How is that possible?

It was parked for over a month

That's a pretty good start. Keep going.

Did you at least taste any of it?

Geez and I thought I did a half-assed job when that happened to me...

Yes you need a new battery. It's clearly leaking. It's only a matter of time before it strands you.

Now take the terminal off, and scrub every bit of it with a wire brush till clean. Put it back together, and coat it. I use CRC Wire Dry myself, but there are options for putting a protective coating on.

Blue stuff keep coming out and the nut is stripped

Get a new battery user

Vice grips. And be ready to replace the terminal

I tried twisting the nut with pliers but looks like the post is about ready to come out

Lol that and a new cable end too while you're at it

Get a sealed battery, a new terminal end, a wire brush.
Disconnect your ground cable and cut the fucked up one off.
Put the new terminal end on the positive post of the new battery and fasten it secure.
Take your brush and clean the wires off the best you can.
Install new battery into car and connect your cleaned wires to the new terminal end.
Now you're unfucked and won't ever allow this to happen again

On the topic of batteries.

$50 dollar walmart battery or $30 sketchy name brand "rebuilt" battery?

One is guaranteed for one calendar year whereas the other has none. Pick your poison

The $50 Walmart valuepower is a remanufactured battery. You have to get the plus (2 year) or Maxx (5 year) to get a new one.

Plain water from a spray bottle will help dissolve the corrosion too, but yours looks far gone enough to where I'd just replace the terminal. Just cut it off at the wire when you're taking out the old battery, don't bother trying to remove it from the post. It's already lifting the post off the battery which will only cause more trouble.

t. walmart tech

The rebuilt batteries I've gotten has a year warrantee. However, I do like buying new batteries, and getting a 5 year warrantee. But when a rebuilt is all you can afford....

Those wires are looking spooky.

If it has been 5 years since the last battery, it's probably time for a new one. That amount of corrosion, I'd say he's near that 5 year mark.

Dude. You're supposed to take the terminal off the battery first. And then you soak it in a solution of baking soda. And then you rinse and dry it off. Don't leave the baking soda on it. Jesus, you Millenials are useless. This country is going to be sooooo fucked mid-century.

I've always used the red stuff from the parts store and have never had a problem. As seldom as you need it, I don't think it matters too much which it is you use as long as you use something...

>This country is going to be sooooo fucked mid-century.
It won't be fucked from that. It will be fucked from people who have no love of the country but for the prosperity that can acquire. I can see the decay all around me. Just because people are prosperous doesn't mean they love the country.

Gen Z will change everything. R-right?

put a penny in there with it the copper will keep it from corrosion

hit the nail on the head

life is truly empty and nobody can seem to accept this

You probably have a small crack near that terminal