OH GEE, WHAT A MYSTERY

I asked this in the daily bike thread, but nobody answered me. What is this guy driving? Looks cool as heck and I want to research them and maybe see if I can buy one.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t4SrldAa2b4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piaggio_Ape
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here's the video for reference. Skip to 4:12
youtube.com/watch?v=t4SrldAa2b4

Come on, Veeky Forums. Don't let me down a second time.

It's just a scooter with a box/rear axle. Looks like some homemmade slavshit. There's lots of these ghetto-esque creations driving around former Soviet shitholes.

Huh. That would explain why I can't find a model name at all. Thanks bruh.

If some mod/janitor wants to delete this thread, that would be great. It's served it's purpose.

>Veeky Forums
>mods or janitors
Please send help

Bump

funnily enough, I was wondering the exact same thing a few weeks ago. As said, most of them are homemade but there were a few factory models produced. Pic related was made by Tula, it's called a Muravey. I'm a sucker for slavshit and I'd love to have one of these little bastards but I haven't seen any for sale.

Closest from factory I think it's the Piaggio Ape. Not quite what you want though

>dfw had a dream about driving/riding one of these recently
so basically all you have to do is extend the drivetrain, attach a rear axle and you have your own shitty slav mad max tuk tuk thing?

You guys are making me wanna build one now (Not that I didn't already). Here's another question for ya: what would be a good scooter to use for this thing? I'd imagine you would want something a bit more powerful than the average 50cc thing for when you want to actually have a load in the box.

Any scoot over 100cc would work. Dont expect it to be fast though.
Its as easy as robbing a rear axle off something and managing to line up the sprokets.

Would be even easier if youre ok with having no rear suspension whatsoever.

What do you think about the Zuma 125cc? My mind immediately went to a Ruckus given how there's such a huge modding culture around them, but the Zuma is a fair bit cheaper to buy used and comes in 125cc, plus it's got the beefier tires.

this things are everywhere in china
most of them run on batteries

We have a fuckton of these homemade shitwagons around here in Hungary, the best ones are these. Riding one around in the village while drinking beer is maximum c/o/mfy.

We even have an old couple in the village where the old fuck drives this shit and he bolted a really big couch on top of the trailer bed on which his old fat wife rides along. A ridiculously majestic sight to behold.

How do you guys go about making the box? Is it just plywood or what?

>only wheels
>no legs
you gotta step up your game, fampai

Holy fuck this is some star wars tier shit
Yeah mostly that, basically just wield an old rototiller with tires in front of a trailer and put a chair on the trailer.

We have "reverse" ones in Sweden, they're simply called "Bedmopeds" or "Packmopeds" (as in a truck bed, not sure how else it would translate. Moped could also be replaced with scooter).

They were built by a Swedish bike/scooter company called Monark way back in the day, you can buy new ones from China if you want. I think they're like $3500 though. Better to just buy an old frame and put a new engine in it, a lot of people do that.

Here's a new one for comparison. Not much has changed. It looks like it just has one of those generic chinese honda copy engines, Lifan or whatever they're called.

If you google "Packmoped" or "Flakmoped" you'll get loads of results for inspiration.

You clearly haven't watched the market for flakmopeder, they are horridly expensive, even the junk ones.

What do you mean? You can get an old running one for between 1000 and 2000 USD equivalent. A lot cheaper than the 3500 a new chinese one costs, and it'll probably last longer.

Why do you Eurasian places get the best vehicles? It's not fair.

a copy cat of this probably

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piaggio_Ape

That's a different thing entirely. That's a tiller with a wagon. It's a very common agricultural tool.

You can buy the box. It's a common agricultural attachment for the tiller.

I'd love to have one of these, but Canadian road laws make this illegal for any street use. The enclosed cab makes this a car, but cars need to have 4 wheels, so it's in a grey-zone where it isn't legally recognized as a vehicle.