Who makes the best shifters?

DIL
DO

Mazda and BMW

>tfw no lotus

what im tryna say is.... come on man
a manual? manual aint got no drives
maybe if it was gran turismo shove up your own ass game
shift the gears? more like shift the tears, because they always that little bitch and he always crying
i mean come on mane

>shift the gears? more like shift the tears

I heard the Honda s2000 shifters are the best to use

is there really any better

i mean come on

This, the S2000 is excellent

ND is sex

AP2fag. Feels very business like. Everything is kind of notchy and clicks into place just so. It satisfies my intense autism. It's the hardest thing about driving any of my other cars. All of the shifters feel like shit compared to the S2000 including OP's Lotus. On my cars I normally change out cables and bushings and put on a short shifter to give it a more mechanical analog feel. I haven't touched a fucking thing on the S2000 and I never will. It is a masterpiece.

>Drove an AP2 exactly one time, was absolutely the perfect car for a Lonely Racer(tm)
>will be years before I can afford one, especially in a rice-heavy area

I feel the S2 boxes feel a lot tighter and more precise, but the Aisin miata boxes have a shorter throw, don't they? Bit of a toss-up IMO.

Fuck off.

I love the shifter, chassis, looks, and the fact that it's a convertible, but it's slow as dogdick and a little bit heavy for my tastes. You're right about it being the ultimate Lonely Racer car. The passenger's seat is mostly there to balance out the look. Honestly I'd get an AP1 if AP2s are too pricey in your area. The AP1 sounds like the more unhinged car anyway.

Stay dehydrated

GET HYDRATED, GOD HAND

Convertibles are neat and all but to be desu I'd probably most likely get a fastback hardtop for it if I ever got an AP1 OR an AP2 just because I like fastback hardtops. Also I don't care if it's slow or heavy, I drive a 2008 Golf so I'm used to both of those things

A Mooncraft? Son those things are stupid expensive (even the knockoffs are like $2600 unpainted) and they ruin the lines of the car. Mine is yellow so that's pretty close to how mine would look and ech. The first time you take it past 8k in a tunnel with the top down you'll change your mind about the hardtop.

Maybe you're right. I'm still trying to dig myself out of the poorfag hole as it is

Pic related is a Lambo but any gated shifter works. Ferrari, Audi R8, etc.

>Not wanting a long throw donkey dick shifter

Stay pleb

"GET HYDRATED, GOD HAND" IN THIS THREAD.

>shift the gears? more like shift the tears

HEY FUCK YOU

YOU STOLE THAT FROM ME

I honestly couldn't tell you the difference between the shifter in my ND and the one in the AP1 I used to own.
Gated shifters are so damn fun and I'm sad that they're extinct.

Holy shit that's old.
What's this guys YouTube channel again?

Hurst.

Chad Warden, baby

Japan. The seats are heated, there's soothing music, and they almost always include a bidet.

>not living the ABAP life since 2006

Get fucked God hand

Porsche and Honda

AUDI

Not US, that's for sure.

I love the chrome tipped EP3 Type R shifters. Simple yet elegant.

>audi
>best at anything
wrong

This is horrible, it looks like a dalek dick

Honda

Got dicks on your mind senpai?

>not taking grandma's artificial femur from when they cremated her and using it as your shifter

Hurst

Reverse searching this found some amusing ones

L O N G

T

H

R

O

W

Vtec brand shifters are the best bro

/thread

ktuned shifters are pretty badass

not even a miata dash go kys

The only good one they've ever made was nicked from Lamborghini.

why do people like short throw shifters? They take all the fun out of shifting

GET HYDRATED, GOD HAND

honda

My '91 miata's shifter feels pretty good but the only other manual car I have driven was my dad's '14 mustang GT

Honda

Speaking of wastes of money, I've driven an E46 M3 with one of these and it was fucking glorious, though not something you'd really want in a DD.

MGW

I really like the hurst shifter in my 02 ws6. It feels really good, but its the only manual ive had to live with

S2000
Lotus
>9001 places
CRV

I found the Lotus one needlessly heavy, and a little hard to find 2nd. The 911 has slightly longer throws, ever so slightly muted feeling compared to the S2000. The S2000 is raw and lovely, mechanical and slick.

The CRV is like a stick in the mud with no discernible gates or feeling.

Get hydrated, god hand.

But which 911?

GET HYDRATED, GOD HAND

My 2010 golf is one of the few manual transmissions I've ever driven. And it's shit, even compared to a 2007 Passat 6speed or a 2016 golf r 6speed. Help. Short shift kits? New clutch? Or am I just fucked I've already adjusted the linkages, changed the hydraulic cylinders for the clutch

Honda is still the king of shit box shifters right?

anything with a direct link feels awesome
s2ks are great
STIs and other subaru 6 speeds are good too

the more bushings in between your shifter and the actual linkages in the transmission the sloppier it will be

Meanwhile in America

GET HYDRATED, GOD HAND

Get Hydrated, God Hand

i'm in love with my mx-5's shifter. sorry for the phone cable, i don't actually keep it around the shiter usually

That isn't chrome

It's machined stainless steel you fucking retard

Honda had their best shifters between 2000-2010.

S2000
First gen TSX
Civic Si

Miata and Boxster are good as well. Early STi's are decent. V8 audi s4's are very good as well.

But Honda absolutely kills it for shifter feel.
Gated shifters look cool, but are kind of a pain in the ass in practice. A lot of bus riders are judging based on looks.

The best part is that's its auto

Tremec

GET HYDRATED, GOD HAND

Fuck I love Chad Warden. That shit still cracks me up to this day

It was a 996. I should have wrote 996.

Spbp

Because they fucking are. That is the best 6 speed in the fucking universe, bar fucking none.

>it's slow as dogdick
"I've never been in one"
>Fixed that for ya.
Get an AP1

Can concur, the Honda S2000 is the closest to having that "rifle bolt" action slickness and smoothness. The new Type R feels exactly like the Si, which is good however a noticeable notch below the S2000.

They're a complete pain in the ass, which is why they're fun, especially when paired with long throws like in a F355.

Don't Dehydrated, Jesus feet

I'm really no authority on shifters, but the EM-2 has a shifter worlds better than the Echo. The Toyota had this weird thing, where it would snap back to the middle no matter what gear. 1st would look like 3rd would look like 5th. And same with 2, 4 and R. The EM-2 feels so much better in comparison. If feels absolute, it locks into gear and feels like it had some mechanical purpose, not like rowing a spoon in a bowl of Jell-o, like the Echo. It was still really fun driving the Toyota, and the bad shifter just kinda added to the fun.

>chrome
>has chromium in it
>stainless steel
>...
>wait for it
>has chromium in it
hur durr

You know how when you shift, you feel 2 "stages" to it? The first is pushing it through neutral where you feel a bit of resistance, the second is actually putting it in gear. You don't get that in an S2000, it's one stage. You can move it with 2 fingers and it'll snap into place, like a magnet being attracted to a fridge door. It's magical. I assume Honda has some sort of patent for their shifters which prevent other manufacturers from copying their shifter feel.

GET HYDRATED, GOD HAND.

Thats pretty much all Honda gearboxes. Say what you want about their engines, love or hate... but man, they know how to make a rifle-bolt slick gearbox.

Get hydrated, god hand.

This is correct, just drove mine and it's extremely precise.

For the S2K lovers out there, including myself, how would you compare it to say the EP3 Si or Acura RSX Type S shifter? It's been years, however I remember the S2K still having a distinct edge on feel, precision, and satisfying engagement.

The only shifter I know is my Honda but I think I know what you're talking about. I drove my friend's 350Z a long while back and it just didn't feel right to me. Though my shift linkage u joint is sloppy as fuck right now it still feels really good.

It's difficult to make an SN95 worse, but dammit, they succeeded.

Cae
Top of the line shifting mechs.

>suicide_by_cop.jpg

E-JAC-U-LATE!