First Car Suggestions

Ok Veeky Forums, first car thread. Post cars that'd YOU personally consider fun/reliable, etc. Pic related, it's the car I wanna buy but everyone says that it costs a ton to maintain.

Literally and unironically a generic and affordable Honda, Toyota, Subaru, or entry level commuter from chevy/ford if you really want an American shitbox.

I personally started on a full size 80s chevy truck and did just fine by it for a couple years and I've heard of people starting out with classics or sportier cars but you really have to like throwing money at them or not driving them often.

fast, fun, reliable, cheap, easy to maintain

but i don't really care for them

first car for someone to own, or first Veeky Forums tier car?

first car i ever owned was a 94 V6 S10, and it stuck by me just fine. If youre not into trucks, and 90s econobox like a camry or corolla is perfectly fine

but let me say this tho. you DO NOT want an AW11 as your first car

this cute boy aswell

Ford F-150. Cheap and good gas mileage.

honda civic or something.
Something that can be a good daily, easy to drive and can be great when raced if wanted.

second vote for this.
cutest boy
funnest toy
lady joy
buy it, goy.

Hnnng. Why did companies stop making pop up headlights?

People who say that it costs a lot to maintain are stupid as fuck. I don't know too much about the AW11, but after owning an SW20 Turbo since I was 16 (22 atm), I've had to put very little money into maintaining it. All of the money that has gone to it has been in making more power and making it look better.

Guess people wanted a smoother looking car, not everyone likes popups when they're up.

We'll those people are certified fags.

safety regulations you retards

Why do you eurofaggots make everything worse for everyone else.

miata, mr2, civic
aka the holy trinity of fun reliable shitboxes

miata for that driving enjoyment that even $100,000+ cars struggle to match
mr2 for that sweet MR experience that won't kill you despite the memes
civic for most practicality and best track potential

safety regulations is also the reason why pop-up existed

What's the retail price on that?

e46 330i for

Maybe not the best thread for this question, but how's Ford probe as 1st car?

Europe here, I'm aiming to get either Toyota Celica or Honda Prelude from 80s
The thing is, many of those cars were imported from Germany and I'm afraid to buy some wreck that will cost me a fortune to fix, any tips to avoid buying into a money pit?

ok

also, fuck off max

>headlight motor stops working
>now u have no headlights

Honestly OP theres no point to this thread. Almost any normal car is good. just get something comfortable, affordable thats a good deal.
My only recommendation is buy Japanese, but even then dont pass up a clean ford or whatever if its a good deal. If you really want your hands held, buy a civic or integra or prelude. cheap, fun and isnt a toyota corolla.

Toyota Starlet

uhhh inspect the vehicle...
fuck how much hand holding do you need?
A celica or prelude really wont cost that much anyway, parts for them are everywhere. If it has a clean body, starts, runs and drives well and has a good service history then itll be fine.

Ferrari Daytona

who?

It doesn't matter what you get because you're going to crash it or have it break from something you were too stupid to get checked out within the first 2 years. Had I not gone with the miata, it would have been a 50mpg land tank and I'd probably have more friends.

I own an AW11. They're about as reliable as you would expect being a Toyota. Very fun, albeit slow.

Is there small premium on getting work done on it?

I wouldn't know, I do the work myself. Space is limited, though. Not the easiest to work on, but you can make do. Previous owner had some work done and think I have the receipt. If I can find it I'll post it.

More than you can afford pal.

Not sure about most cars but I know the Miata has little red knobs on top of the motors you can twist and that raises them up or down manually

Bruh the 300TD was my first car. Rust bucket with terrible acceleration, but cushy to drive

>thinking the rest of the world is as stupid as you are
sucks for you, retard

Insurance premiums say otherwise and your dunning-kreuger ass ain't the fucking alpha on this curve.

300td will not get 50mpg, more like 30 on the high end

190d on the other hand might, that was (is) my first car

never crashed it (3yrs), did the maintenance myself, it's been brilliant

'll be spending a couple months stateside and then I'll be heading over overseas for about a year or so but I need a car while I'm still here
Should I buy a shitbox and sell it once I leave/keep it or just lease a car until I go overseas?

I have one and honestly if it wasn't a heap of shit, I think it would be a great car. If you do decide to pursue one, get one that was well taken care of, and be prepared to spend a lot of money.

every mr2 is a mistake without exception

stay very far away

5 speed early 90's Volvo 240.

The Volvo 240 is the Mosin Nagant of cars. It's so shitty that it's actually amazing. You have to really fuck up to break it, and you can find them for $100 on the internet. If you put way, way more work into one than it's worth, then you can have either a match grade rifle or a race car.

I'd do a shitbox just for grins. If it ever breaks down, just uber.

Also pre-facelift Saab 900.

Or an E30 if you can find one that isn't trashed.

ok what kind of shitbox
might be able to cash in some military discount, though i'd probably get military scammed for a shitbox

Source?

323ti
>cheap
>RWD
>decent engine
>small and light
>easy to work on
>unique enough to satisfy your Veeky Forumstism

I just went with the best horsepower/insurance cost ratio
Also, get a miat. Not a nice one, one you'll be fine with scraping

toyota corolla. because you are going to crash it anything else at least if you crash a corrolla: nobody cares and parts are cheap.

IS200/Toyota Altezza pre 2000 with the 3SGE engine

Didn't only the Altezza come with the 3SGE? Pretty sure the IS200 was the euro-market version and had a 2.0l inline 6.

Why pre 2000?