>crash.net

Look at a map that never gets updated:
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRf3xZPktcND3Nr98

Noob? Git gud:
→ #

Webms with sound:
#

Previously on /dbt/:
Back when Harley was actually cool edition.

>Motorcycle Benchracing
>Motorcycle Xenophobia
>Motorcycle Hookups
>Motorcycle Pics & Very Boring Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice
>Your bike a shit

Benchrace your buttocks:
>cycle-ergo.co.uk

>Benchrace your p-plate:
>a2bikes.com

Benchrace your helmets:
>crash.net

Look at a map that never gets updated:
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRf3xZPktcND3Nr98

Noob? Git gud:
→ #

Webms with sound:
#

Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

werideapp.com/download
google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98
youtube.com/watch?v=QxeZ1IivWEI
vancouver.craigslist.ca/pml/mcy/6196235123.html
omaha.com/news/crime/nebraska-state-patrol-clocks-motorcyclist-traveling-mph-on-west-dodge/article_a14ea8e2-5ce9-11e7-9355-a70cc615bac5.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How did you fuck the op up this bad

>its a weebshit thread
nevermind

how can you say you love motorcycles if you've never crashed one?

Stupid copy paste.
Previous:

>
>You should literally start a blog, or motovlog. I'm not shitposting, I'll probably start doing that myself when I get a new bike.

Why the fuck would you do that? Just ride.

hold my beer

The previous OP was fine, how the fuck can one person be so incompet--
>anime
Oh sorry. Did your handler go on break and forget to lock the computer?

Last night, we were discussing the broken map. Started a weRide group in response.
werideapp.com/download

>have to download that shit

Fuck no.

Nobody discussed it, the map still works fine, you dumbasses just put the wrong link

Phoneposting.
Fucks with your copypaste and image selection.

(How are there so many people who care about the OP they just scroll past anyways?)

>having to download an app just to look a fucking map
If there's one thing I hate it's having to have an app for everything nowadays. What's wrong with your fucking browser?

Especially when the app is just the same as the fucking browser version, minus the giant pop-ups saying you should use the app.
Oh, and the lack of tracking shit.

Literally just look in the reply window, or just don't make a new thread when you're on the phone. Threads can survive to like 400 posts, plenty of time for someone who cares enough to take more than 3 seconds to make the thread.
>(How are there so many people who care about the OP they just scroll past anyways?)
muh autism
Plus it takes twice as long to scroll past, and if it's changed that usually means there's new stuff in there, so I waste even more time looking at it before realizing someone just fucked up and couldn't take 10 seconds to make a new thread.

TL;DR if you don't care about the OP format, don't make a new thread.

Except only one person can edit the map. The entire merit of the app is the ability to join/drop independently.

But new things must be scary. It's alright, user.

google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

here is the map

There is a browser map that everybody can edit, no need for accounts or apps.

Just buy a used liter instead IMO. But of the 600's, the R6 is the fastest but the worst for the street, and the GSX-R is the best for the street but looks terrible to me.

I have crashed a minibike and fucked up my thumb when i was 8 and still loved it, does that count?

I crashed into concrete barriers, does that count?

Come to think of it, I haven't used my computer for Veeky Forums in five years.
The mobile layout is intuitive enough, and I can (fairly well) lead a regular assed life, just treating this cesspool like facebook or tumblr.

So, basically, fuck your opinion. Making a mistake is a thing, but y'all need to chill on the phone-poster hate. If somebody's going to drink and drive, online, it doesn't matter what they use to do so.

Hey, I have no problem with phone posting per se. I just think that you should leave making new threads to someone who actually gives enough shits to make it properly, instead of half-assing something that takes less than 30 seconds even when done correctly.

Hey I just fucked up my bike exam. I made a mistake on the snake . The bike they gave me had a super sensitive shifter and it would go from first to neutral without me giving input.... well you know how bikes maneuver on neutral. FUCK THIS SHIT
>well at least I have A2

How does a shifter go from first to neutral on it's own?

as long as you felt pain and realised how close you are to more pain and even death, i appreciate it.

bored of these 'should i start on a 1000cc' american dumb cunts.

Did you say anything? If it's a mechanical failure, you may be able to get a free retest...
If not, them decommissioning the bike saves the next poor sap, and possibly you on your retake day.

I still feel the pain after a year.

Broke a metacarpal bone, bruised both wrists, rib, hip and knee.
Wrist still hasn't healed completely.

But as soon as the cast was off and my bike was fixed I was back onto the saddle and toured through Europe.

>tfw went from A1 to full A without doing anything
>requirement is 24 years old, got it while I was 18

>have leaky brake line
>order a new one at the shop
>€44,95
>for a 15cm line

I feel ripped off

How come you were using the bike for the first time the day of the exam?

Ask honda

Guy Martin knows your pain
youtube.com/watch?v=QxeZ1IivWEI

>muh honda reliability

So why didn't you just buy generic tubes from the hardware store for like a tenth of that? Are numales nowadays scared of going to hardware stores? Are they intimidated by the aura of manliness and the thought of fixing something themselves through manual labor?

Because I just don't have the time to go to all the hardware shops in the area, hoping one actually stocks the right type of tubing and fittings and then making one.

Telephones are a thing. Measure old tube, ask if they stock it.

>thinking the people at the hardware store know what they sell

It's way easier to buy the proper part for me. Just call the shop and picking it up when I have some free time.

You might call me a numale for ordering the right parts, but I have to improvise at work enough because supply chain has no idea what the proper shit is. Don't want to do that shit at home when I have better things to do, like celebrating my one free weekend a month.

>mee moo bloo bloo I can't take 20 minutes out of my beard waxing regimen to go to the hardware store and buy this common thing that every single one of them stocks
>waaah waaah I can't afford this gluten free low carb vegan genuine vintage beard wax because brake lines are so expensive
Keep crying numale.

Keep implying, it will get you places.

It sure as shit gets me cheap replacement parts for my bike so I have more money left over for fuel.

The time more I have to spend is worth more than the money I save with it.

It takes less time to buy tubes than it does to prepare a meal, and if you go to the hardware store to buy them, you can buy enough to never EVER have to buy new ones again, which means you actually save time (as well as money) in the long run.
>b-b-but I need speshul brake hoses from Shekelstein Brake Hoses Inc. for the low, low price of only 49,99 plus shipping and handling

vancouver.craigslist.ca/pml/mcy/6196235123.html
kind of want this
>500cc single
front end looks a bit weird though

We're talking about saving €30 at most.
That's not enough to bother with that shit.

But you be you and spend your time like you want to, I prefer paying a little bit more so I have more time left to do fun stuff.

Are you mentally challenged? I literally said you save more time by going to the hardware store, buying 5 m worth of tubing for the same price as one brand line from the motorcycle retailer and never worrying about it again.

>never worry about it again

But I don't worry about it again anyway, these tubes will outlast the rest of the bike. And it will just cost me way more time than I'm willing to spend.
When you have 1 weekend a month off, you might see why not everybody wants to make everything himself, but buys pre-made stuff that will fit.

I bet you also use a Mac because "it just werks".

No point arguing with some angry dude with high blood pressure, you're better off just not responding to him.

Like I said before, keep implying.

So why are you complaining about paying extra for convenience and quality if you aren't prepared to do it yourself? Especially if you work that much assuming you're being paid.

I just said I feel ripped off.

But still it's the better option for me.

Hey guys. What was the cheesy video that teaches everything a beginner needs to know about riding? I remember the actors where very bad but the information was legit. My sister wants to buy a bike and I want to show that video to her but I can't find it anywhere. Thanks in advance

Are you talking about twist of the wrist 2: tendie boogaloo?

Back wheel slid out from under me yesterday. Just ONE day after one of my motorcycle tests as well.

Thanks that's it !

>happens to me all the time on my 250 when I downshift too fast
>always manage to catch it because lol 250

one of these days those

Rear wheel sliding is no biggie, just pull in the clutch and the bike rights itself. Front wheel, that's what gets ya.

Or just ride it out if you have the experience, best feeling in the world.

omaha.com/news/crime/nebraska-state-patrol-clocks-motorcyclist-traveling-mph-on-west-dodge/article_a14ea8e2-5ce9-11e7-9355-a70cc615bac5.html

>just pull in the clutch after you fucked up dowshifting before a corner
Nigga you stupid.

>not even 250 km/h
Is this what burgers mean by going fast?
>can't even legally go faster than around 100 km/h
Land of the free, home of the brave. LOL

Then don't fuck up your downshifting, stupid.

Who said I'm one of those guys?
I just said your advice is ultra stupid. In what fucking case would you fuck up downshifting in a straight line? When you arrive at a red light? No, 99% of the time would be before a corner.

as long as you do it before you're turning in the corner you're fine

>not having a slipper clutch
poverty

>a whopping 146 mph on the West Dodge Expressway. A patrol spokesman said the speed is among the highest the agency has clocked.

Damn burgers are slow

Sure, if you're experienced, otherwise you'd panic for a second, then remember what a retard told you on Veeky Forums and then you'd pull in the clutch.
Surprise! You're now already in the middle of the corner and are about to go down a fucking mountauin while still pulling the clutch.

if you're downshifting through a corner you've already fucked up

You don't downshift in the corner, you downshift before leaning, while approaching the corner, i.e. in a straight line.
If you're already leaning, and you can't handle your rear sliding, and you drop the bike, you're not going to make the corner. If you clutch out instead the rear regains traction and the bike goes upright. You can now brake and still make the corner (because as a sensible rider, you left enough room for error on a public road), or keep the clutch pulled in and run into the gravel pit (because if you can't make the corner anymore, you didn't leave enough room for error, which means you must be on a track).

Anything else means you're such a good rider, you don't need this advice (i.e. you can handle the rear sliding and still make the corner safely), or you're a shit rider and deserve to crash (i.e. when you went street Rossi mode on public roads and have to run off the road down a cliff).

Never said "in the corner" or "through the corner".
I don't know about you but I always downshift to second just before a hairpin. Not much time to correct mistakes, especially if you're not experienced and you're downhill.

Pull the clutch before a left hand downhill hairpin and you're in for a 100 meters fall.

If you're not experienced, you should be
a) braking and downshifting much earlier to give yourself room for mistakes,
b) taking classes that provoke panic reactions and train you to react appropriately instead,
c) not riding like a fucking idiot.

i'm about to spend $5k buying new for my first bike. talk me down from the ledge

what bike

I said I'm not one of those two who block the rear wheel, genius.

You can't ask people to downshift to second 20 meters before a hairpin, you want me to redline the fucking bike for 20 meters?

I want you to ride appropriately for your skill level.

you'll drop it and feel bad, then you'll have to explain to the guy you're going to sell it to that it was dropped going 2mph in your driveway and not going 100mph down the highway and he won't believe you

Unless you're eurocuck and legally forced on a glorified scooter for years before getting a real bike, a $5k new bike will get old pretty fast.

kawasaki ninja 300
people ride groms here and it's more powerful than that

>kawasaki ninja 300
In most places the used market for 300s is great. Do you really have to buy new?

Are ex police bikes any good?

There's this old but in ok condition R1200RT with loads of luggage space and engine crash bars for cheap.

Groms are a terrible meme

It's a great first bike. Everything I memed the GS 500 to be, except it's actually decent and not as shit. Get one!

>redline

ugh, if it hits the redline after a downshift then this shift wasnt needed dude.

>brake +clutch
>downshift
>blip throttle while releasing brake+clutch

engine brake into corner, accelerating out of it

all this is one fluid motion you only learn by doing it very slowly way ahead of a corner at first. You will get faster and better with time.

>The driver was ticketed on suspicion of speeding, careless driving, driving with a suspended license and having an unregistered motorcycle.

wewlad

i live in the countryside but there's a dealership not too far from me. on craigslist the nearest good bikes that aren't harleys are a 3-5 hour drive away

The old cb500 is cool as shit.

The new 500 series is also great, for beginners and commuters. Slightly less than the 300, for wannabe racers (I've heard. I commute and tour.)

Says the redditfag who needs a tripcode to feel like he's of any worth

groms are fun

not sure why, they could've thrown his ass in jail if it wasn't just suspicion

>careless driving
No, the people who set their cruise control to the speed limit and start eating burgers behind the wheel are careless.

The RTP (police version) can be a good buy if you don't need the pillion seat. The rear sub frame is different from the vanilla RT so it's not an easy task of getting one fitted
There were some other differences as well like a second battery, and other things I'm forgetting

>day 2 with new bike
>still no pictures
I'm not going to make it, am I duh buh tuh

Sure. Most small bikes are. Having a grom as your only motorcycle though outside of places with license restrictions is numale though. And I just bought a tiny motorcycle.

>supersports are generally less correctable once things start going wrong. Also the riding position encourages shit riding technique unless you know what you're doing and is not conductive to learning from nothing.

i've found the opposite

They'll flop right over into the opposite lean angle with glee and the riding position pretty much encourages you to look around the bike, keep your head up (or you can't see shit), and anchor yourself with your legs (or you can't feel your fucking wrists)

Sportbikes are great to learn to ride at countersteering speeds.

Shit like U turns sucks on them though. I still shit myself when I have to lean going slower than 10mph, so my U turns are as wide as they've ever been. Riding a motorcycle really is mostly about having balls.

Friend got some Honda 125 scooters to test and review and he lent them to me as well. I'm genuinely jealous of the luggage space under the seats and the riding position which allowed me to have a fully erect spine while riding for the first time. Shame about the autotragic and engine. Keyless system is convenient and would have me worried about reliability if I owned the things.

I think I'm going to blow money on bags for the sv650s. Nothing I can do about riding position there except take breaks. Next life I'll buy something comfier.

450, 500, or 700 for a sumo?

Cr500 plated, or you're a scrub

Isn't the Sv's riding position pretty standard/upright?

it's considered the gold standard, but it's still pretty forward. I have the S version and I hear it's a little worse than the naked.

SVs are pretty fucking uncomfortable

ride a real sportbike or sit bolt upright

you can try bar risers to help get you more upright. as for space, a topcase works extremely well on my vstrom, and it was cheaper than luggage racks + bags/cases

I've been considering textile sidebags and sidestepping the rack entirely, but I'll ask at the shop what might be best for me.