/mg/ - Miata General

so when I was ordering my skim milk caramel latte from starbucks, I heard this loud clanking noise coming from the transmission. However, it only does this in neutral and it is amplified when the a/c is on. Also, it only makes this noise when the gearbox is all warmed up. I use 75w90 gear oil.

I'm not entirely sure the previous owner put a lightened flywheel in it but all the symptoms are pointing towards that. anyone else experience the same thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

denver.craigslist.org/cto/6194983583.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Worst fucking OP ever, kys my man.

looks fine to me pham

Does it go away with the clutch in? Could be throwout or if it doesn't go away, pilot bearing.

as soon as I push the clutch in, it goes away

How can I remove those cum stains from my passenger seat?

piss on it

What to price two NBs non running
Both are 1999 AE with nardi wheels and leather seats, but both were wrecked (ran when I got them but they sat while life kicked my ass and don't run anymore). Not sure about Torsen diff on one but I'm assuming they both have.

First
>all primered by previous owner but spotted with rust, mostly surface but some bubble
>missing some panels
>hard top primered
>71k miles but yeah not running

2nd
>no hard top
>frame is straight but front end is smashed
>118k mi

Both cars were meant to be consolidated. I won't separate them and would like to get them listed at $1800 on Craigslist and $1500 for my local Miata group. Is this too high or low? Pretty much all I've done before I they sat was put a bunch of black ice trees off the rear view mirror. Willing to sell to someone here for cheaper if they live in Hawaii lol.

How 2 fix wheelspin hop

Or

Do all NA Miatas have terrible play in the driveshaft? Are they rebuildable? Who sells new ones?

lick it off

lol just get 1 that works. what the fuck were you gonna do with 2 broken ones, weld them together into a super miata? thats not what a mazdaspeed is

lol I'm getting an ND. Yeah I kind of fucked up. They were both running actually but sat when a bunch of shit came up. I was just gonna swap the interior of the one that was smashed into the one with the hard top and paint it. By missing panels I meant door cards. But it sat while primered and the rust happened ;_;. I'm so sorry, miatas.

Gayest post of the day anywhere on Veeky Forums.

That ND is good shit, easily the only new car I would get if I had the money for it. i wonder if anyones found any good engine swaps for the ND yet? Its pretty fast already, but theres so much potential at 2400 lbs.

flying miata has an LS swap with hydraulic steering. I actually like the electronic steering, it might be just yanking me but it feels way more responsive.

Apart from highway cruising (90 miat, no rear bracing or swaybar) where it's already twitchy with power rack ratio, I'd prefer manual steering with a manual rack.

*more responsive than I expected. I felt it would be soulless or something but man I had a lot of fun driving that car.

ND is a little under 2300lbs with the 2.0, a little under 2200 with the 1.5. I'd like to see a F20C swap. The 90 degree V6 from the Quadrifoglio would be lunacy, but I don't think that the ND has enough engine bay for that. A 13B swap would be great, of course. But I guess everyone's just going to do the boring LS.

I should probably at least get the OFT for my ND, although it doesn't really need the extra power insofar as it needs tighter suspension to help it better use what it already has.

WHY IS IT SO FUCKING HARD TO FIND A BLACK NB TRUNK LID IN THE NORTHEAST

i've been watching car-part, partouts on craigslist, trunk sales on craigslist, and ebay for like 6 months and NOTHING.

there are a few across the country on ebay but they're $300 before shipping because lol ebay upcharge

>selling hardtop on craigslist
>dude lowballs me
>ok fine whatever just take it
>hey can you meet at this inconvenient time? im busy all week
>ok dude whatever just come fucking take it
>get everything ready
>kid doesnt show up
>wont respond to text

just go for a drive to the nearest junkyard that has one. bring a socket set with you and replace your trunk lid there. leave the old trunk lid with the junker.

what price did the kid offer?

1000. i asked for 1200. sounds high, but it really is worth 1200. the paint is mostly flawless and it has defroster and full headliner intact. it's about as good of a hardtop youre going to find other than buying new

>nearest junkyard that has one
that's the problem, black NBs are so fukcing rare around here for some reason. the closest black nb at a junkyard (going by car-part) is in new jersey

then fucking drive there you little bitch

what color?

red

central florida?

im not playing this comment game with you. and no

>im not playing this comment game with you
rood

Is the turbo miata any good? Any fast? I mean I beat those things in my PT cruiser.

>Turbo PT cruiser
>0-60 in 7.0 sec
>1/4 mi in 15.6 sec

a n/a miata is a second quicker for both, nigga u memein

Not in the quarter mile, but from a roll I beat bmws too.

they probably were not even racing you, just accelerating normally lmfao

No, they were... 2.4 Turbo isn't a joke. I've had 3 cars with this motor. 2 srt4's and 1 pt cruiser. All of them manual. Anyways, is the turbo miata worth it? I'm interested in one.

the miata will be far, far more fun to drive than a fucking pt cruiser

>is the turbo miata worth it?
the mazdaspeed? I guess so.

I have a n/a miata right now and it is slow as shit but I plan on tarboing it in the future. Turbioing it myself, I can make it faster and probably just as reliable as the MS miata for cheaper. also, nothing feels better than to do something yourself

>Turbioing it myself, I can make it faster and probably just as reliable as the MS miata for cheaper.
this is sort of the downside of the MSM. it's a nice car stock but i think it's overvalued right now, and the stock turbo system doesn't like to be tuned high, has a low ceiling.
However if you get something like a flyin miata kit, you can make some massive power with an excellent power band reliably

About to buy my first car. Why should it be a miata?

Just finished my turbo build.
It's early days of re mapping with the megasquirt (I haven't gone full throttle for any length of time yet) but my initial thoughts are its good.
Really good. When you put your foot down the car actually moves!
Before you had to wind it out to 6k before the thing stared to get going, now it's all instant torque and silly turbo sounds that make me giggle.

My dad has an NB that he never drives. He turned it on today after sitting for probably a couple of months and now cylinder 4 is misfiring. It does it at idle and while driving. He's pretty convinced the injectors are clogged up with old gas, so I think his plan is to drain the tank, replace the fuel filter, and use some fuel injector cleaner. Does this seem like a reasonable place to start?

To fix wheel hop, increase rear damping. Poly differential bushings also help

Also the play in the driveshaft is probably due to your motor/diff mounts flexing and letting the driveline effectively twist

An NA does not do a 1/4 mile in 14.6 seconds what are you smoking?

Easy to fix, cheap parts, fun driving dynamics, classic sports car feels, huge aftermarket, etc

Actually diagnose it first instead of throwing parts at it. You need four things to run an engine: air, fuel, spark, and compression. Do some diagnosis and find out which one it isn't getting.

It's fun. Do you like fun?

If I buy a hard top for my NA, how easily removable or not is it? I want the hard top look but man I really like driving topless sometimes

It's kind of tough to do by yourself unless you're somewhat tall and strong. I'm a skelly and I've taken mine off by myself, but it was pretty sketchy because of how big it is, so I won't do it again. I definitely wouldn't attempt putting it on by myself either.

Are you the guy selling one near Boston? If sso, you wouldn't happen to have a red rear bumper cover and a black shelf carpet for sale, would you?

Do i need a roll cage if I have the solid metal bar thingies from my miata icon behind the seats that connects to my audio system?

It's easy as fuck to take on and off by yourself once you have a good technique down. I am 5'8 and can easily do it alone.

How decent is the AC in the NC and ND? Anyone has experience? Talking about in 95+F

Cheers!! Gonna get it now for sure. Where's $600 laying around

Where the hell can you get a hard top for $600? I Got a pretty good deal on mine and I paid $750.

I can understand it's fun on windy roads but I rarely go on any. Is it still a good dd and commuter

Can't speak for the NC but it's fine in the ND even 100+ top down.
In that case, it's a meaningless purchase. It's best for sunrise/sunset drives in the deep forest and along the coast, playing cool italo or citypop/future funk or psychill if you're out for a late nite cruise at the end of civilization and of course eurobeats. It's okay as a dd so long as you also take it out to do what it was made to do. Get a 3k civic hatch.

Carbon miata

my friend set up a hoist

>has never driven an atmo miata

I dislike driving my Miata about 75% of the time since I daily it. The roads in my area are garbage so it's a rough ride. It's loud, shakes a lot on the freeway, and has no AC.
But when I get on my favorite mountain pass, or find a pristine stretch of windy road, or have a top-down rip around the town with a friend, all those gripes go away and I fall in love with the car again. It's pretty much only fun when driven hard on a fun road, or drifting in the streets

*It's also fun for crusing out on national/state parks or along the coast like said

>and has no AC
that's your own fault

Just picked up a 1996 in Sask. Imported from California a few years back! 136,000 miles. Any suggestions for what I should be looking at for big maintenance with this mileage?

change the timing belt
replace all fluids (transmission, diff, engine)
clear all drains and widen the rocker drains

and ffs, fix your headlight covers

Timing belt was done in April. Just bore out my drain holes? And for the headlights can I just pull up to bend it into place, or is there someway I can shim it?

open your hood and pull up on the cover. not too hard.

to widen the holes, stick a flathead in them and shake back and forth. paint might come off so get some black paint to cover the bare metal. I used black engine enamel for mine. Hold up a piece of cardboard over your white paint as to not get any paint on it

Cool thanks!

Any ND bros here? I'm picking up a used one hopefully this month after the dude I'm buying it from comes back. What is the thing on top of the trunk that kind of looks like a low pro antenna?

it's the gay bar and hair salon locator

forgot my pic

Sort of. It was never equipped with AC, it's a base model.

Why does the only cheap car with pop-ups that can drift look so gay?

It's cheap because it looks gay. I don't care if people think i'm gay because I drive a miata. I am not insecure about my sexuality so I don't need a car that says "I'm straight, I promise" written all over it just so people don't suspect anything. The miata is actually the least gay car you can drive

That's exactly what a closet fag would say. But I love living the Miata life

n-no

how hard was it to import the yata from california to canada?

i live in BC and was considering looking to purchase from seattle or somewhere in the US.

Dunno, some pastor from swift current imported it.

Convertible Peugeot, Mustangs and Minis look way gayer.

Your Miata has car-aids

Rarely gets that hot here but on the occasional 30C day whatever that is in old money the NC AC is fine

Left the car outside for a few days, come back and see this. It wasn't even under a tree what the fuck

You really think these look gayer than Miata?
Kinda agree about Peugeot and Cooper, but neither one was mentioned so no idea why you bring these up

I am mentioning it because it would be far more embarrassing to see a guy in these cars than a miata.

the white mustang with the tan top is probably the gayest looking one but it isn't that gay

Sirius XM antenna. There's a rectangular hole underneath, too, so getting rid of it either means filling and paint or swapping lids. If nothing else tho, dump the whip antenna for a stubby one. A S2000 antenna works perfectly.

denver.craigslist.org/cto/6194983583.html

>The time has come to part with my 1991 Mazda Miata. She is still an eager dance partner, but my aging back has taken the fun away.

Getting old sounds shitty :(

>44k miles

So it gathered dust in the garage.

Sad!

all convertibles are gay.
straight men do not drive convertibles

>inb4 its not the same

Said by someone who has never driven a convertible

the c3 is unironically the only good vette

CONVERTIBLES ARE FUCKING GAY
>hops into jeep

drumpf is a faggot tho

At least he got good hair and he's very smart.

Well he got more pussy and more money than you ever will....

Because how could you resist that ass.

do you want to suck his dick aswell?

someone please come to massachusetts and buy my miata. i swear its a good deal.

The AC in my ND works perfectly well in SoCal weather and we've been hitting constant 95F+ temps here last week in OC.

You should be fine.

Buy mine in VA. It's cheap as shit.

It's for Navi and Sirius XM.
The first thing I did with my ND was dump the long ass antenna and got an AntennaX.
Looks so much nicer, friend of mine went with a Stubby Antenna, that looks good too.

Also, don't tailgate, I cracked my windshield in the first week or owning the car and on further research found that pretty much everyone I know has had it cracked at one time or another because of debris or rock chips.