I'm sorry for your loss.

>>Year and model
1978 280Z
>>Why you sold it
Was enlisting in the Navy and my folks were not gonna hold onto it
>>Is it gone forever?
Probably
>>type of person you sold it to
Korean dude, only a little older than me at the time. As he was checking it out he already explained he wanted to RB swap it and I started to die inside.
>>how much did you sell it for
Experience was so traumatic, I can't even remember. I wanna say $3200 but might have been 2800. I probably had 8k total invested

do you have any pics of the car, im sorry for your loss

>>Year and model

1994 Renault Clio RT

>>Why you sold it

I was leaving the country in a hurry and I lost the timing belt 2 days before leaving. I had planned to put it on a boat and import it to my homeland.

>>Is it gone forever?

Yes

Scrap yard. They may have made some good money on it

£100

I have completely gotten over it now as that was 10 years ago, I have had much better vehicles and I don't get attached to them anymore but at the time it was tickling my emotions. It had the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in and I have driven and been driven in many luxury vehicles.

I''m about to sell my project MK4 Supra. I moved from Chicago to Albuquerque 7 months ago and I don't want to bring the car here. It will suck to sell, knowing I'll probably never be able to get one again.

how much were you trying to get out of it? you got pics?

My grandfather left me his car when he passed.
A 1964 corvette, it was red, all original except for the seats, not exactly perfect condition but 8/10 paint and minimal rust.
Two days after picking it up and bringing it home, someone dumped gasoline in it and torched it.
I didnt have a garage at the time, so it was under a cover in my driveway. Insurance payed out a decent price for it, but it cant bring that car back from the dead.
My neighbors dont like people to have nice things apparently.

What the fucking shit

Yeah in the moment i wanted to burn down every house on my street, but i dont even know who did it.
>its not a nice area desu.
Im also the only white guy on this block. Hopefully that had nothing to do with it.

>got $23,000
-doubt

>04 matrix awd
>Totaled
>5k from insurance
Was a fun car in the snow with winter's
I miss it.

want 20k

My first vehicle was a 1985 Lincoln Town Car that looked exactly like pic related. It had god-tier burgundy leather interior and rode like it was on air.

My parents bought it for me to use when i was in high school, then when i was away at college they sold it without telling me for $2,000. I would have figured out a way to pay them too. I miss that car endlessly.

>I miss that car endlessly.
Buy another one. They are only $800 now, so you profit.

They actually go for considerably more than that, at least by me.

the truck was fully custom over $35,000 invested, No rust anywhere, frame off restoration. It also had the better looking front clip from 1989. had a 2006 LQ9 Vortec Max with only 50k miles on it, 4l60 Transmission, G2 rear diff, Np203 Transfer case, brand new rancho suspension, front and rear disk breaks with slotted rotors, hydro boost system with stainless steel brake lines, 8 lug17inch Hummer wheels painted black wrapped on 315/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires, fresh midnight blue paint, Full Memphis Sound System worth over $5000 alone, dash board from 2006 Chevy and perfect condition interior from a newer model blazer. IMO this truck was well worth over 23,000

ive been looking for one for a while im interested, where can i contact you to take a look at more pictures

92 Plymouth Laser RS AWD.
Sold it because I was going to college, and needed the money for an apartment.
Oh yes, it's in pieces now.
Some boy racer who didn't know what it was built for.
6K USD.

That car was my baby, too. My dad and my friends helped me fab up suspension and rebuild the engine for amateur rally racing. That thing could move in the dirt.

My FD. Hands down.

when you have to sell your car for college, then later realize college was not worth the happiness and joy your car brought you.

Had a truck back in the day

F250 75, dirt brown
This was years ago when gas was at almost $5 a gallon in California,

Couldn't afford to keep her

>mfw still have my first car
>mfw never selling it because I love it too much

This one is actually painful to explain, but I had to do it

I was only about 18 at the time
Had an 82 honda 750k
It actually didn't run and I did not know shit about motorcycles
Had a guy offer to take it off my hands
I gave it to him for free
I watched him come over and roll it away
I never knew if he fixed it and got it running but thinking about it hurts. He forced his way in and I gave it away

ouch that was so painful, im sorry for your loss

it feels like this

bataviabirds@gmail

It did

bought it cash and it was my first car. Why do I regret it? I sold it to my fucking brother who was/is a massive druggie and he paid about $300 on it before getting back in jail again.

Car was shit though

First car was a diahatsu feroza, I fucking loved that car. I only had that car for 5 years till I drove home tired one night and hit a goat. That fucked the diff.

how do you hit a goat and fuck up the diff????

jfc you even swapped the dash
damn op, if I threw that much into a blazer I'd never let it go. she was a beauty.

Forestry road, I hit a nanny and veered off the road and my back wheel dropped off the bank and that smashed the diff. I was in 2wd and it was gravel, so when I touched the brakes the back swung around.

It happened before I had a cellphone with a camera, it was a cool sight to see though, the goat was pretty much mince.

well honestly i didn't do shit to it i bought it like that off the guy that dumped money into it. i traded a corvette for it

Volvo 240, it was my first car, the alternator went out and I put different alternators in and it still wouldn't charge. It was perfect other than that and the power steering pump, I still kick myself for getting rid of it and not trying harder on it

Pics of it?

Rip a tru tragedy

>absolutely mint 80 something ram charger
>glorious 360
>flawless red on red interior
>traded it in at the dealership
>only got $500 because it was a 30 year old shitbox with a cracked windshield

regert

I wish I still had some but no, it was a black 244 with aluminium wheels and a sunroof. There was one dent in one of the rear quarter panels, and that was the only car I ever owned that had good paint too. Paid $2k for it, I'm feeling the regret all over again

Jokes on you I've never sold any of my cars

OP i feel your loss, my first ever car was a 1978 K5 blazer, but it was 2x4 and I sold it to buy a 4x4 which I still have. I love the k5/jimmys

The only car i regret, is a 2000 chevy prizm with a swapped celica 1zzfe and built transmission. Was the dumbest fucking sleeper ever, had a huge fart cannon on it, and engine bay was painted and looked 10/10 but the rest of it looked like a cocaine addict had diarrhea on it.

you got any pics of the blazers?

When my grandfather died my grandmother sold his 87 Grand National back in 2000.

>20k
>for that shitbox

Lmfao

1988 Fiero GT. Not my pic but it looked just like this. Had a 75 shot of nitrous, performance cam, bored .30 over and a bunch of other goodies. That car was so fun to drive.

I also had a 1989 Camaro that got stolen sometime around 1997 I think.

First car was a 1994 Ford Ranger "Splash". Black with dark grey interior. Nothing super special, but man, 4.0l with a 5 speed and 3.55s? With a regular cab/fiberglass bed? Shit was a tire melting machine. At one point, I was going through a pair of uniroyal tiger paws every 3 months.

Traded it in on a perfectly sensible 5 speed Fusion, regretted ever since.

bump

2006 STi
Had to pay for college
Probably
Some guy in his mid-30s from Georgia
$20k flat - I bought it for $22k 6 years before lol.

Why would you put that dash in it.....

Previous owner put it on not me, personally I would have preferred the original, but honestly I was happy with the truck as a whole

Was college worth it?

1993 bmw 325is
wife (at the time) made me
still see it around town every once in awhile
she was ok, but she didn't deserve her.

i'm ok though, back in bmw and life is good after the divorce.

Can we post cars that we regret buying?

Fuck the Mazdaspeed6, I should have bought a Volvo S60R or even a TL Type S.

Idk, I just graduated in May.

...of course, a bachelors in CS doesn't teach you .NET and all the jobs require .NET experience.

why do all of you guys get CS degrees instead of computer engineering

Because hardware is increasingly getting cheaper and is being produced overseas. Software is the most in-demand field in the US (apart from maybe nursing) - companies and businesses want an American to do their shit right. The only issue is that everyone wants a senior-level software engineer that can do full-stack web development from day 1.

Former S60R owner here, and no you shouldn't have.

software is being outsourced, and even though hardware is being produced overseas, intel is in portland, AMD is in sunnyvale, nvidia is in santa clara, and they all need engineers to build parts

you guys are going into the wrong field, computer engineers are being recruited out of school

That's really weird, because around here it seems like the Microsoft stack is fucking worthless.

why's that?

>>Year and model
2002 Ford Focus SVT
>>Why you sold it
Tired of FWD, wanted something different
>>Is it gone forever?
Yes
16 year old kid. it probably got the equinox treatment
not enough

What's worse is I sold it right after getting it to where I wanted it but I was so damn tired of being nickel-and-dimed by shit like O2 sensors I decided to move on anyways. I regret that now.

>software is being outsourced

That is not what I'm seeing. It seems that a lot of testing has been outsourced, and some of the basic non-web development, but there are webDev jobs that can't fill all over the country.

Most of them don't actually know much about the field

Most likely juniors and fresh into the field, looking to fill some big shoes

Most of them also probably never travel to meet with multiple companies/conferences and actually do any hard work

>fucking programmer fags think their job can't be outsourced

Someday I'm going to come up with a pasta about P2R (S60R and 2nd gen V70R) ownership issues. Off the top of my head:
>that fucking turning radius
>annoying steering stop limiter noise whenever steering wheel is at full lock
>poor fuel consumption
>fragile AWD components
>struts for the 4C adaptive suspension are expensive, and most P2Rs you'll find out there were probably sold off because they were nearing replacement time
>4C programming bugs make the suspension crash over certain bumps and potholes
>none of the three 4C settings are all that great
>the "secret code" to disable traction control doesn't really disable traction control
>automatic on the 04-05 models is garbage, with a torque limiter
>manual has flawed slave cylinder design, leading to clutch failure every 30K-50K
>back seats are almost useless for adults
>generally less interior room than you'd expect because Volvo went nuts with safety
>performance goes to shit in the summer because of heat soak, until you dump the silly OEM design for a FMIC
>contemporary M3s and S4s will rape you anyway
>as will lightly-modified S60 T5s
>meanwhile the 2.5L engine has questionable long-term reliability due to thin cylinder walls, especially if you tune it for more power
>generally high maintenance costs as the car gets older, comparable with or worse than zee Germans
>seriously, that fucking turning radius

They're excellent highway cruisers but aren't good daily drivers. Towards 100K or so they're high maintenance to the point where you can kinda think of them as project cars. Between fuel savings and maintenance savings, I'm likely coming out ahead with my new Miata, even though I have a damn payment. The killer, though, is the turning radius really does become incredibly annoying. Not being able to make U turns or easily park sucks, and the accompanying rubbing sound when your wheel is at full lock makes you not only look dumb, but sound dumb, too.

well there goes that idea, thank you for the dose of reality

>1989 Ford Bronco
With a 5L V8 4x4, nothing could stop that car. I had to part with it because when I was starting college 9-11 happened and gas prices never really recovered. It must have gotten like 9mpg overall, and I just couldn't afford the gas anymore. Filling it up in highschool was like $16 a week. I fucking miss that car.

I wait for the day when a deer travels into your lane and you're doing 65, Patel

>>Year and model
2000 GT-R
>>Why you sold it
House deposit
>>Is it gone forever?
Yes heard the fucker crashed it
Some Fifo Worker from the mines
i truly regret what i did

dont know if to sell my corolla 2006 with 116000
km on it for the same price i bought it 4 months ago all the paint is fucked there rust and scratches all over the body work
but i will never be able to find this low mile for the price should i sell it ?

was college worth it?
you got any pics of the gtr?
im sure you can find another corolla with low mileage they're pretty standard cars

>92 camaro rs
>was a reliable car for the first 3 years, no issues what so ever. Payed $1000. Was ugly but it was my ugly camaro.
>sold it to my buddy. Had multiple unknown issues at the time. $500.
>Friend got into drugs hard. Car was running sort of but sat in road until city towed it. He didnt want to pay registration fees.
>more than likley it was scraped/crushed.
>forever gone.
Im sorry car. You deserved better.

rip