Cadillac

Anyone like Cadillacs? Thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these. 300hp V8, comfy heated leather seats, and most of them are pretty much dirt cheap these days ($2000-6000 for a decent one.)

You're not worried about the electronics?

>implying the Northstar won't take it out first

cool niggermobile

Yeah actually, the only reason I havent bought one yet. GM electronics are the worst, still to this day (I work at a GMC dealership.)

But still, they're dirt fucking cheap I might get it anyway.

I know it's not this boards cup of tea, but I'm not really into eurofag cars, underpowered rice burners with huge spoilers, or feminine hatchbacks

>used grandpa mobile

Good deal. You haggle with senior citizens to see they'll bring the price down.

There's a post somewhere where somebody who obviously knows what he's talking about goes into exhaustive detail about why that particular gen of Seville is trash practically from bumper to bumper. No system is without a critical design flaw that is manifesting itself as failure at this point in its lifespan.

I drive a 1992 DeVille. Thing has been an absolute nightmare with maintenance. Matter of fact, it's currently out of commission since it developed a bad backfire. It's not even a Northstar and it's still a turd.

Be prepared to have to fix problems left and right if it is a NS.

If you want it buy it fuck what Veeky Forums says

>bad backfire
Out the exhaust or from the intake? If it's from the intake it's probably a weak fuel pump. Very common.

Are you a 60 year old black man? If so, then by all means pick it up.

Make sure it's had its head studs redone, or prepare for inevitable head gasket failure. It's a biiiiitch of a job.

I'm not really into recalls.

If you want a car that looks pretty similar to that but without the terrors of the Northstar, get a Lincoln Mark VII.

I got a 1975 cadillac fleetwood 75. Big and comfy. I dont even dare to think about fuel economy.

It's coming out the exhaust. I lose power whenever it happens and it only happens when I accelerate.

Ignition then. The misfire loads up the exhaust with fuel vapor until POW! Those things always liked to fry the rear plug wires. And the heater hoses too.

My uncle mentioned it sounded like it might be ignition related. He also wasn't sure since its an autism mobile. Any idea where I should start as far as repairs go?

Thorough visual inspection first. Looking for burnt wires and boots. Pull the wires off the plugs and look at the boot btw. Pull up the distributor cap and make sure the rotor isn't burned through (a common GM HEI issue) or the coil button in the cap burnt to a crisp. Or destroyed. Good chance you find it that way.

May have to get after it with a spray bottle on the plug boots while it's running or have somebody power-load it a bit until it starts missing and then look/listen for clues. Or just throw cap, rotor and wires at it since they're probably old anyway.

Thanks, mate. At least the distributor isn't hard to get to in my transverse mess of an engine.