Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hwizjE3Cqds
abbotsford.craigslist.ca/mcy/6194220486.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/mcy/6194464842.html
orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/6169323575.html
m.ebay.com/itm/142400889141
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what sport bike doesn't hit speed bumps when going over it?

a Ducati, because it doesn't go anywhere in the first place

>put some money down on an f800st
>now I kind of want to get the FJR 1300
>its cheaper, more reliable and more comfy

I am feeling conflicted desu. The insurance is a bit higher and it will drink more fuel and its heavy but everywhere I have read on google is saying it is the superior bike

GSXR: squid bike
Busa: nig bike
R6: weirdo bike
Ninja: normie bike
CBR: God bike

youtube.com/watch?v=hwizjE3Cqds

What's the best bike I can get for $1000?

what do you want to do with it?
fjr would be kind of a pig for a city bike but super comfy for long distance stuff

Dropped ninja 250
If you're lucky then a beat up CBR F1

R6 is the best track bike out of the box.

POO

>digital display
really

digital>analog
Get over it old timer

But I wear all my gear minus pants all the time on my gixxer bro.

it's actually inferior because your brain subconsciously calculates the derivatives of the analog displays while it's impossible to do that with a bunch of digits

Then you're riding it wrong.

>your brain subconsciously calculates the derivatives of the analog displays

i'm on my desktop or i'd make some quick charts in python. just google it bro

also which anime is this?

but however

o am i tempted

abbotsford.craigslist.ca/mcy/6194220486.html

Not difficult to understand, is it?

You memorize the position of the numbers on the gauge and can tell how fast you're going by glancing at where the needle is.

but also you have a better idea of the rate of change of the needle. you'd have to look at the numbers for a very long time, but at a glance you can estimate the current rate of acceleration with a needle

I guess it makes sense but it's not something I use.

I have found the solution.

A derivative is a rate of change, so I guess he's talking about how you can tell how fast you're accelerating or how fast revs are climbing by glancing at how fast the needles are moving. You can't really do that with digital displays since you can't follow movement of printed numbers.

That's useless though.

Or you could just look at the numbers on the digital display..

Besides, just look at the revs and what gear you're in you should be able to tell how fast you're going

>used it to commute
>selling it because he ran out of time to ride it
Did he lose his job or just turn into a bitch? Also, he failed to mention the fucked up fairings ("""streetfighter""" lol) and the fact that it has no mirrors. I would do $1500 at most.

It's hard to tell him this picture, but my Forks or my wheel is misaligned. The forks and handlebars are line of the straightest possible with the frame and If you look at the fender, it's actually straight with the forks and you can see that the wheel is slightly off-kilter with it. When I'm riding straight the forks are a little cockeyed but there's no vibration or wobble. Is there any way to fix this or am I just going to have to replace it or live with it?

The rev counter on my SV650 is digital but its like a bar graph thing, you can tell how quickly it revs. It's the same thing.

you're interpreting a bar graph while you ride?

Any thoughts about this 2012 FZ6R?

losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/mcy/6194464842.html

I have experience riding a 500cc sport bike, but it's just too old and unreliable to deal with anymore.

Also been looking at this 2004 CBR600 F4i: orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/6169323575.html

I just need a reliable bike. I'm having a hard time finding an appropriate vehicle for me in or around my area (626).

You judge RPM by sound and vibrations. The only speed limit you need is how fast you can take the next corner.

I'm about to start college and I'm looking for a new backpack to commute with

of course since I'm gonna be on my bike I want something large/high capacity but everything I'm seeing on amazon is TACTICOOL as fuck

do any of you guys have a bag you'd recommend?

yea pick a bag and fuck you

Everybody in India and Thailand need this scooter

FZ6R a shit. Normal FZ6 is okay.

F4i is a good bike. That one looks nice, but overpriced.

hey,
thanks

I have an Ogio No Drag and I like it. It's got laptop pockets and such you could probably fit textbooks comfortably in there.

I think I might have autism, I don't know why I called it a bar graph. It's the thing on top of the dash. I guess it kind of looks like a bar if the bar was flipped sideways? I'm honestly not sure why I called it that, I'm kind of a fucking mess right now but whatever

The f4i is like $800 overpriced
Eddie Bauer

i think it'd just be called a meter but it looks alright, at least it's not just a number

>getting ready to buy a CBR250
feels good :^)

Digital tach=bad
Digital speedo=good

>but however
THAT'S A DOUBLE NEGATIVE, user

Yeah I'm going to show up with $1,700 and see what he says. Will use it for driveway stunts

>Digital tach=bad
When will this shitty meme die?

Sorry I'm not good at translation moon runes

As long as the planet is not populated by cuckold crackheads

personally i like analog gauges with sensible endpoints since i can see where im at in my peripheral without breaking focus on the road or trail, i cant read my digital dash worth shit without actually looking down

Fz6r < fz6. One is an economy bike and the other is an R6 based sport standard

Confirmed for never having a digital tach. Also:
>needing a fucking tach at all
cucke

m.ebay.com/itm/142400889141
Id consider some like link related and try to get it back to its former glory. I thing CBR F1s and F2s look great in their normal fairings. I'm guessing the previous owner didn't like the retro looks or dropped it.

I'm getting a new bike as my first bike

fuck you all

ive got a couple m8
i have TT digital tach on the 400r and the bar on the AT as well as the 650r and i really prefer a proper analog since i can see the needle position easier than the bar position when the contrast isnt the best

enjoy it user

Source for cheap, good chains and sprockets in the US? ProCycle wants a bit much, and RevZilla don't carry sprockets except with their NEW Exclusive V whatever chain and sprocket combo that costs too damn much.

I have a Vapor on my DRZ and it's fine to read.
I don't have a tack on my 701 and I don't feel the need for one.

Bikes should just come with a phone mount and a USB port so that we can use our phones as gauge clusters.

What bike?

Which one?

Yeah, those points are what I've gathered from my research. I'd be asking about $2850 for one of them, which would be easier for me to handle financially. In the end, I just want to ride without constant worry already.

I figured it was overpriced. It comes with gear, and is in seemingly great condition, but you're right.

My current bike has been a nightmare. It eats up gas and has an extensive history of constant bullshit that continues to harass and haunt me to this day. I just want to sell it to an enthusiast and never see it again.

There's not much I can find in my area that isn't garbage. Why doesn't God want me to ride?

I'd go for an fz6 if I were you, which is what I did.

I got mine with 6.8k miles for 3k.

At a dealer? Does that include fees/registration/etc. ?

CCs? Year?

its all preference really, i just like to know what im holding at on the road since i use it to adjust my cruising speed so i dont beat the piss out of my ancient tech.
>BRP is getting a complete teardown this winter since it practically rolls coal sometimes
also the vapor on the 650r is all spazzed out, speed is just a random number generator

Ask if he can do like $2300 on the F4i. The fact that it comes with gear doesn't matter if it doesn't fit you.

3k out the door. 2005 with 600cc. It's basically a detuned R6 motor

lol manlet aussie, too bad you can't fit anything bigger than a 250 :(

It was another hot as fuck day today. Riding through a furnace sucks.

It all likely does fit me, assuming it's a large (maybe medium) helm and medium vest. That's a heavy lowball on the F4i though, considering his asking price. Even being posted 3 weeks ago, I doubt he'd bite. It's too far to offer that in person too, so I'd have to offer over text.

>2005

That makes more sense now. At least you get to ride without constant fear of internal fuckery, though.

I just don't want to pay dealer pricing/fees. I need to save money right now, but don't want an unreliable shitbike from another millennium either.

Everyday

"A clean GS is a dirty shame."

not clean anymore i live in Washington damn rain cleans everything

>wabro
where abouts in wa are you?

Up here in Iowa it goes one of two ways during summer: dry enough and everything gets dusty, or "damn why am I out here there have been fucking tornadoes two miles south of me goddamn mud trying to take my handlebars damn my boots are filthy etc."

Tacoma

you?

What's the coolest and most efficient way to commit sudoku by motorcycle, /dbt/?

Washington is always the damn same rain 3/4 the year then maybe 2 months of sun then back to rain. but u learn to live with it at least everything is green on the west side lol

police chase with guns?

renton.
you get into the trails at all on that thing or just a service road machine?
stuck on call for this weekend and im itching to get out on some more rides with the weather being so nice

love the look of the africa twin hows it ride ?

No, people would just demonize me after my death and fuck with the laws in my state, especially considering that I'm a white person in CA.

Put a signed title to your vehicle in your pocket and then shoot yourself through the brain

liter bike, 186 on the speedo and run into a concrete overpass support. They'll find bits of you on the next continent

its trail ready i ride it every day but would love to get out on an adventure on it

> feeling when all my friends ride street bikes...

Iowa has distinct seasons. No mountains, but it has more hills than people think. The problem is that the people who "built" the state only thought of chopping everything into squares instead of having roads follow natural contours. There are still some really pretty places here, though.

Drive it really fast through the door of a homeless shelter

So I had a particularly gnarly psychedelic trip the other day (LSD) and I really started to think about my motorcycle. I eventually came to the conclusion that a sport bike is the closest thing humans will ever get to a jetpack-like device. If you think about it objectively, you suddenly realize how futuristic and almost comic-book-like the notion is. You take this fucking rocket and stick it between your legs and you can go anywhere you want. Now add the bonus of being the fastest street legal production vehicle on the fucking planet..

Really makes you think.

ride off a cliff

Stop

vapor on my bikes doesn't read random numbers but it's not very consistent either

>pineapple
>unbidden thoughts of Prequel
Dammit m8.

>go anywhere you want
Pretty much. I've done that in every vehicle I've owned, though. I've broken half the intercooler mount for my NB Miata while driving in the mountains north of Silver City, NM. Nearest paved road was 30 miles or so; that was a fucking adventure.

i really like it, they made it feel like a big dirtbike and kept it super trackable in the low end for trails.

were planning an Veeky Forumsk/out/ meet in august if you want to join in, if somoene else takes a bike ill take mine too.
im planning on the veterans WABDR rally on 9/11 if you would be up to a cahllenge
otherwise im down for meeting up for some riding on a weekend
battery is dead on mine and i think the program got dumped, just dont care enough to deal with it yet

stop what?

Will these alpine star riding shoes protect me in a crash?

(Also Tacoma)
You guys don't mind tolerating a complete novice, I've been thinking of learning to ride trails. (On cruiser tires)
Or, have a laugh as my rear springs suffer at every bump.

Im down for some weekend riding.

Where do you go for small rids around here?

down there i have no idea, i usually stick to the i90 corridor or up near granite falls
for road running ive just be chasing the capital city guys around the streets

sure m8

either of you have kik or telegram?

Ive got kik