Truckerfag thread - /TFG/

>Smokin' Ice And Driving On The Hume Edition

Brevious Bread: >Tonnes upon tonnes of probably wallaby carcasses
>34 malonga gilderchucks
>Don't sign that lease or a dingo will take your baby, and no one will believe you because you seem mentally unstable
>Tired? Try Methamphetamines!
>Europeans, amirite?
>CDL How Do? Private Driving School, Community College or Just Steal A Truck Like Franklin on GTA5
>I was coerced to make this thread under the anonymous threat of a copy and paste job

>Attention: Eurotrucks are bad, and you should feel bad for liking them. That is all.

>Truckerfag averaging two hours of sleep a night from all the [Intercourse with ladies]
>Bepis averaging two hours of sleep a night from all the [Passionate debate with his Latina lady friend]
>Freon averaging two hours of sleep a night from all the [Responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages]
>Balam averaging two hours of sleep a night from [Responsibly participating in games of chance]
>Oilfag averaging two hours of sleep a night due to [Posting relevant and amusing content]
>Whiney averaging two hours of sleep due to [Wise decisions pertaining to tendering his resignation]
>PTL averaging two hours of sleep a night from [Healthy and nutritious truck stop food]
>Primefag averaging two hours of sleep a night due to [Running a second, truck stop based business endeavour]
>Grainguy averaging two hours of sleep a night due to [Accurate record keeping of time spent and distance travelled]
>Gundam averaging two hours of sleep a night due to [Uploading semi-legal, niche sexual imagery]

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7gd43b_ZcuU
youtu.be/i3s9RgZFmEk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

H-hi, my name is catfucker and I'm 19. What are the requirements for a trucker job in Virginia?

Alright guys it's the biannual >lowesfag wants to leave his job for greener pastures post

Little background:
>start job at lowes March of last year
>raises are annual so next raise is March 2017
>due to circumstances have to go on leave Nov 2016, lowes only gives two weeks, end up staying on leave longer than two weeks, get terminated, come back in 6 days after termination, lowes rehires right away
>ask if still getting my raise, they say yes in march
>March 2017 comes, still no raise, ask HR and they said "apparently we were supposed to give you a raise when we rehired you and now the window close oops lol"
>been 4 months since march and still no raise case is in limbo
>store decides to get third driver (still only one truck at store) for more coverage
>mad as shit they are willing to add a complete 45k plus salary but cant give me a simple raise
>store night crew keeps dropping like flies, they take my load puller to night crew
>have to actually work now, spend 4hrs at store pulling orders then going to deliver

I'm started to think the cons of this job are outweighing the pros. So for shits and giggle I decided to apply at HD Supply.
>HD replies right away, they use the same equipment I have now (Straight Tandem Flatbed Truck with Forklift on back)
>they pay $23.50/hr, lowes still has me at $21.81
>HD is in the city I live, two freeway exits away
>lowes is 24 miles away one way and across a toll bridge, paying nearly $3500 (only gas and toll) a year just to have the """"pleasure""""" of working for them
>HD supply has pullers for loads, the job consists of basically what I do now but you're actually a DRIVER not a driver/puller/call center clerk

Should I go for it?
Pro for HD:
>$1.69 pay increase to $23.50/hr, full time, 8-10hr day with overtime after 8th hour
>no commute, 4 miles away from house
>already know the job since it's basically what I do right now
>benefits

Pro for Lowes:
>when its the slow season get almost whole day to myself

Go for it? y/n

You weighed the pros/cons to me. It's never a bad idea to try new venues, try some new work. If you got hired back so easily, if you don't enjoy HD you can go back. You're a truck driver. Go make money in a more comfortable environment.
>Y

Are you interested in hauling coal?

Because your only option is hauling coal.

What about the whole Country? I mean, I just want to know about the courses and requirements and shit.

Be 21
No one will hire you until then.

The world is your oyster...after you turn 21.

Until then, you can haul coal.

(I'm being cheeky but you aren't allowed to drive across state lines until you're 21)

Oh, what about that coal hauling though?

faggot don't post for me
i don't even type like that
yeah, i'm not expecting to get into truccing until i'm at least 21
my main concern at this point is that getting into it will be harder than i'm led to believe, but i'm not really expecting people who have tried and failed at getting hired as a trucker to be frequenting this thread anyway

You go to a coal mine and say "I want to haul coal from your mine to the terminal" and they'll say "here is a list of some guys we contract to do that. Go away." You'll call the first guy on the list and he will give you a job driving a 30 year old Mack for $0.75 per ton.

Go for it you lazy fucking faggot.

>my main concern at this point is that getting into it will be harder than i'm led to believe
Virtually impossible to fail unless you're completely incompetent at breathing. The hardest thing about driving a truck has nothing to do with actually operating the truck. It's the isolation.

>It's the isolation.
Rubbish, the hardest part is finding some where to dispose of all the lizard corpses

That part was easy for me. I just wish I knew how to get rid of about 50 piss jugs without anyone noticing. I can slip one or two in with my normal garbage bag without anyone noticing but I fill the motherfuckers up faster than I can get rid of em. Probably got an extra 300 pounds of piss on my drives because who knows where to get rid of all of it. Fuck.

Protip: just get a length of surgical tubing, a catheter and a funnel and you can piss directly into the bladder of the dead lot lizard you have in the truck. They never look for DNA there. (They seldom look for DNA on lizards but it helps to be prepared)

This guy trucks

i'm not concerned about working the job, i'm concerned about getting the job
and i'm aware that anyone that failed to do so probably won't frequent these threads, so there's going to be a bias towards people saying it's easy

Bump

I got my CDL B and have driven dump trucks and operated various heavy machinery on interstates and highways for almost 2 years now. Making right around $70k a year but I rarely get a week under 75-80 hours.

Thinking of getting my class A and going to the port. Anybody here have any info on intermodal driving?

I know some intermodal port drivers, they make really good money. Some of them bring home dozens of dollars a month.

>driving 75-80 hours/week
>thinking of going to the port
Then you'll be sitting in line for 75-80 hours a week.

I don't know whether port drivers or trash truck drivers are the worst

I was at the Port of Baltimore recently and those guys were mad as hell at each other, screaming and cussing each other on the radio. I vote port drivers.

Trick question, the Chicago Eurotrash white Volvo crowd is the worse. Especially the ones with the company name ductaped to the side of the truck.

They are both pretty terrible. They both love to ride in the left lane doing 50mph on a 65mph highway.

Only difference is the garbage trucks are limited to 55mph, so you can pass them. The port container cunts on 595 EB every afternoon will be doing 50mph so you pass their shitty ass old Freightshaker and then 2min later they come flying past at 70mph only to slow down to 50mpg again.

Seriously, every morning I get stuck behind the trash trucks going out at 6am. Then in the afternoon, I come back east on 595 towards the port and there's tons of containers. The trucks going to the port are all shitty ass old owner-op trucks that don't belong on the road and the dudes driving probably don't speak a word of English. To get to the port, you need to be in the left lane when 595 hits I-95, so those fuckers right in the left 2 lanes for 20+ miles before 595 ends.

Is trucking a good career for someome with autism?

Autist anime watcher? You'll fit right in.
Me on the left.

Yes and yes. That was also a serious question because I am actually considering it.

> (You)
>Yes and yes. That was also a serious question because I am actually considering it.
That was a serious answer. Minimal human interaction is a perfect fit for us autismos. Akko best girl

There's a whole flotilla of dakimakura fucking weebs out here these days. I just finished Seikaisuru Kado yesterday.

Neat. I'll be moving in August but I know there's a place I can go to get my Class A nearby.

Definitely make sure you're ready to take employment immediately after getting your CDL. Most companies will treat you like you never got it if you go a month unemployed.

I'll have to start looking when I move. It'll be from MN to NY.

>only a parking brake
>no red emergency brake

fucking disgusting

lads i can post on every board on 4chinz except for Veeky Forums. tmobile got me range banned only from Veeky Forums. why this happen.

Get a pass.

I had my CDL for like 2 months before I took a job, do not recommend tho. By the time I got to orientation I had mostly forgotten everything and they were like wtf, I thought you had a CDL.

Wut? My class basically taught us how to pass the test and even then barely anything in the DMV book or tests is very useful when you are actually on the road.

I didn't start driving until a couple years after I got my CDL.

>
yeah bro thanks for the advice ill think about it and also I think air compression powered landing gear is interesting too but it might be hard to make it affordable and also reliable
and yeah I watched the video

With the rise of self driving trucks IDK why dont all truckers unionize and demand a 20 year contract or threaten to go on strike
If a lot of truckers went on strike it would cripple the US economy, trucking companies would have to give in

Because there would be Russians and Haitians and Mexicans willing to work for $25k/yr anyway.

It sucks. It's just one of those industries where most companies would rather hire, train, and fire 50 people over the years instead of pay one good driver a wage that would keep him around. There are still a couple of good companies (think Walmart) but not many,

Walmart is good to their truckers?

Surprisingly yes. Hard to get in because most people who drive Walmart do it until they retire so there aren't many openings.

For company drivers who have moved from their training company to somewhere else where the grass is greener (except whiney because I don't think he knows what he's doing) what sort of things did you look for in costing a new company, what did you avoid, and things like that
I was looking in those brochures they have in truck stops but most of them seem like they're all the same thing with different names
I ended up finding this small refrigerated company I'd never heard of based out of my home town, they've got under 100 trucks, all Volvo, well equipped. Elogs but no qualcomm so I don't know what they use. Pay is disappointingly not much higher than what I have right now.
Thing is, I'm kinda worried I might end up missing some of the mega carrier benefits, like regular scheduled maintenance on every truck and trailer, Best Pass, fully staffed terminals all across the country, and I get pretty decent miles, usually 3000/wk except the week before I go home, that always sucks trying to get routed back.

I found a company with

Are paper logs worth it? All I know is the elog system because its all I've done. It's easy but shit sucks like when you go 5 minutes over your 14 trying to get to a place to park, or when your trying to do a 30 minute break waiting in the fuel line and it detects you moving your truck so you have to sit an extra five minutes for the reset. Paper logs seem like they'd un-cuck you a bit but they also sound like a pain in the ass having to keep track of all the different HOS clocks. I don't even know how supertruckers can run multiple logs.

You must be retarded. It's like riding a bike.

It's nice when you wanna get home 800 miles away on friday, but I'm ficking lazy so I run legal half the time

Also:
>living up to the OP post

any califags? xpo is hiring in the hayward terminal for 28something an hour

Got lost in Turkey Run today. Was kinda nice except for thinking my fat ass could easily take the hardest trails there with only toe shoes and no water.

I've lurked trucker threads occasionally and the one thing I still don't get it is why do you guys like your job? My uncle has been working for JB for over 30 years. He is rarely home, his work hours are long, and it seems like he gets very little sleep. Everytime I point this out he just simply says " I like driving". Is it really that simple?

I went from LJN to a small company that runs containers. The pay and benefits as well as the home daily thing won me over as I was looking to settle a bit.

The company operates under 100 trucks and we do use ELogs but our route is pretty strict so the advantages between E and paper is not there.

from what i've been told, trucking's perfect for people who are ok with monotonous work, limited living space, and even more limited social contact
ie, autists

>no head
>no belgian lace
>unfiltered hop haze, can't be chill haze as the glass doesnt have condensation on it

4/10

Looks like the contents of a piss bottle that has sat in the sun for a few weeks.

I disagree with you user but respect your right to that opinion.

>JB Hunt
>30 years
I'm sorry to break it to you, but your uncle has a double digit IQ.

I like working when I want to work, where I want to work, and making six figures doing it.

Owning a truck isn't worth the effort to a lot of people, especially nowadays

>Owning and maintaining a small business is too much for people with either low intelligence, drive, or both

Think like a peasant, act like a peasant, live like a peasant.

Every weekend under it.

gordo here, youll get pretty much the same bullshit at all the megas and the little megas when i search i look for better pay per mile,apu and a nearby terminal/dropyard everything else is bullshit koolaid heartless to martin was a fence hop.
ive had to take care of ungrateful family for the past 12 years. a room they cant barge into, no contact with anyone outside a computer and something easy to do is like a vacation.

>california

>still range banned. that mod must be real salty

>tfw 7hrs is legal reset

Better safe than sorry.
And I don't think twice the national average is very "peasant"

>delivering a load to the LA Convention Center
>it's a bunch of weeb shit for Anime Expo

I have never been more disgusted and jealous I don't get to attend

I was in Houston when they had Anime Matsuri. Volks had a both with the newest Miku DD and I really debated taking an Uber just to get one. I just wish convention attendees weren't so cancerous

Kek. You didn't want to go because it's like looking in a mirror and reminds you how cancerous all anime and weebs are

I got bbys first cb radio installed today. What can u expect to hear and any need to knows for highway trucker banter?

dead static. or one old guy talking about de gubment and niggers at about auctioneers speed

Meh. If it helps pass the time while driving I'm ok with that

You should call anyone and everyone 'good buddy'

/diy/ thinks this is a horrible idea because the weight of a car on the rear of the bus.

>tfw it's after midnight and some ancient trucker who lost his sanity to the loneliness of the road years ago is screeching and making gutteral animal howls over the cb

I don't think a guy who goes to an anime forum to blog about smoking, drinking, and hooking up with fat Cuban girls had a right to call anyone else cancerous

what do a bunch of nerds that spend their time making tables and headboards out of shitty old pallets know?

>anime forum
/a/ is that way you fucking loser. just because you bought into the meme that Veeky Forums is some secret exclusive club just for neets and otaku doesnt mean that anyone else thinks that way. also go fuck yourself.

On the other hand a car's worth of weight has been shaved off it. Would probably be fine beyond any doubt if it were chopped a bit more to fit the front axle of the loaded vehicle in front of the rear axle of the bus.

>Not putting a smaller atv or bike on top of the regular atv, then perching an rc car on top of that

555-Come-On-Now.

I kinda like this idea tbqhfam.

Or don't, coal is slowly dying. The head knows this and is going to keep all it can for itself

And Facebook is that way, you fucking normie.

Not anymore it's not.

>insert screenshot of a mod telling some guy to go back to Plebbit if he doesn't like anime in the ban message that I'm too lazy to dig up

k mommys little angels.

Checked

And she's not Cuban or fat

And Veeky Forums is normie tier now

Thanks JLaw

Why not? As long as those frame rails are strong enough. Plus most cars are going to be 60/40 front to back so more weight will be towards that rear axle. Also big diesel engines as well as the front steering and suspension weight a lot so I don't think you would really have issues. It's not ideal to have that weight behind the rear wheels, but I doubt it's enough to make anything unsafe.

If you were to do something like that with a pickup truck that had a gasoline V6 up front, then you might want to worry about the weight behind the rear axle.

At least my mom cares about me and didn't ignore me as a child, going me a complex that makes me desperately seek out the attention of strangers on the internet

As cancerous as a degenerate diabetes-infested smoker that race mixes with mexican ""women"". Wait, you can't race mix since you're not even able to put it in.

complaining about anime on a anime image board, found the moron

Fake and gay.

Waste of money. Return it if you have the receipt. You'll get to hear
>local drivers using it to talk about work
>niggers dead keying with rap in the background
>static from power lines or something
>advertisements for truck washes and bbq
>some guy who literally never stops talking
>WEE WOO WEE WOO WEE
They're not even CB radios anymore, they're called backup radios, because people only turn them on to see why there's a backup.

>making six figures doing it.
Even after all the overheads?

Post the one where whiney got banned for posting anime here.

Never seen that one. But by all means, if someone has it go ahead.

youtube.com/watch?v=7gd43b_ZcuU

Megumeme > crimson demons

Should have known about AX, m8.
youtu.be/i3s9RgZFmEk

Yes, even after overhead.

lmao I didn't get banned, the picture got removed tho. You can report any post with anime and the picture will likely be deleted.

It's globally fine if it's a reaction face. Usually only avatarfags and offtopicfags get messed with, unless you're just unlucky enough to get some loser janny abusing the only power he has in his sad life.

Not a trucker, but I have a story

>Get off work at 2am
>Notice semi a ways behind me, but he seems to be hauling ass
>About to the turn to my house which is on the highway
>Truckerfag is now hot on my heels, but he doesn't know that my turn is right after the top of this hill
>Decide to get into the oncoming lane since no one is on the road and let truckerfag pass without having to brake
>Blinks his lights at me as he passes

Felt good man.

That's pretty much the norm for country roads.

Not very many people know the etiquette around here.