Fastest car for 10k

Ok guys, I've got 10k cash at my disposal, and I'm looking for a higher performance daily driver. The best options I've found within my price range are:

>2006 Infiniti G35 coupe 90k miles
>2000s nissan 350z with somewhere above 110k miles
>2004 mustang GT with 64k miles
>2005 mustang GT with 100k miles convertible
>2011 Honda Accord V6 with 64k miles

In what order skills I prioritize these? I'm checking out the honda tomorrow, probably not going to pull the trigger on that one yet, though because it has a salvage title and it could possibly have frame damage.

Other urls found in this thread:

sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/6190144041.html
youtube.com/watch?v=IpPldjD0FvY
youtu.be/32JxDaCVoX4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

those are all shit, just buy a bike

this, and dont forget to add your name to the organ donor registry afterwards

2004-2005 golf r32

You forgot the almighty LS1 T/A or Camaro

Get the g35 or 350.
They're both pretty good dailies and last a pretty long time (like 175k or more typically). You'll also be able to get a clean one and have like 5k left over.

2011-2014 V6 mustang is faster than those cars.

E46 m3

A Camry

Civic for 3k and just use the remaining 7k for a few simple mods and some hookers.

'94 eg hatch with a few simple mods

E60 M5.

e39 m5

Mazda6 MPS

2.0T gen coupe

You fucking Gaylord.

Seen a brabus 5litre cl here for £6k once

evo 8 fq400

bmw 335i

Lmao no
Even the 5.slow mustang gets stomped by 350z

>Integra £3,000
>Internals & turbo £7,000
>500hp easy in a lightweight award winning FWD car

Putting a beachball sized turbine in a fwd shitbox. Thats a great idea for a fast daily.

All honesty the abaolute fastest you can go is an early C5 Corvette or a F body WS6 or Z28

3 valve mustang
Turbo kit

2005 mustang gt
0-60: 5 seconds
1/4 mile: 13.3 seconds

350z (2006 or older)
0-60: 5.6-5.8 seconds
1/4 mile: 14.1 seconds

The mustang has the most horsepower for OP's money

Thats about 4k over budget, although that would be the best choice. G37s is nice and you can find a decent one for 10-12k

I am actually about to go look at a G37s today, it's within my price range but it has 108k miles on it. Is it worth persuing?

but its also shit at everything else, including staying on the road

Mustang looks cooler, is easier to work on and sounds better

>Mustang
>looks cooler
wat

Mustang GT.
Preferably the 64k mileage one.
350z's are fat and slow.

not the "fastest" in your list, but a g35x sedan AWD makes up for being slower

honestly though if you can go up $2k more get a g37x sedan

>fastest car for $10k

its none of these pieces of shit

LS1 Trans Am here

i leave 350z at half throttle in my LS1 car

slow rice shit

>not having an underrated 325hp from the factory
>not having the largest after market availability, period

>2005 mustang gt
>0-60: 5 seconds
>1/4 mile: 13.3 seconds

Lol. Yeah... Okay.

Most people (who aren't professional drivers) will probably be getting closer to 0-60 in 6 seconds. This gen really wasn't that fast. Not a Mustang hater, just sayin...

3k Civic
With a few simple mods ofc

It's the 04 with the 64k I'm assuming it's 6k or under so you can afford the 3k super charger and then run it on premium.
Actaully fuck it
sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/6190144041.html
7k auto... Canadian emissions?
Also has an auto for DD.

The 2011 mustang has 300 hp and 30 mpg. It's a great car the problem is it will depreciate like dogshit. Actually went on a test drive. It's power seemed about on par with my 2001-2004.

You can get an 08 for the same price but it looks like ass comparatively.

you must confused, the mustang of that generation came with the 3v 4.6L v8, not the shitty 2v

The 3v is a huge improvement.

260 hp vs 300hp

A motorcycle.

I can hit under 6 in my 2001-2004. And that's after 9-13 years of horses have left.

3k civic with some tasteful handling mods will give you the experience you're looking for.

If the car HAS to be off of that list then get the 2004 mustang. Regardless I don't understand why so many people have been coming on here lately asking if they should get a 350z. Literally 90% of them are going to be clapped out riced to shit boyracer mobiles. Not to mention it's statistically the most dangerous car on the road today in America with the most fatalities from crashes. They're honestly not good cars.

Try getting something not gay

>Pic unrelated

There is no confusion over the differences between a 2004 and 2005 Mustang. I just don't believe that a 2005 Mustang can do 0-60 in 5 seconds. At least not without a professional driver. That would mean that it's faster than my IS350, and I know that's not the case. Plenty of YouTube videos to back that up.

summer needs to end already

Just go test drive all of them and decide by the handling and comfort of them. It's no use by asking Veeky Forums as the answer will always be to buy the ls.

Get the Mustang GT in fastback, not convertible.

Also, ASFAYDCG is most likely a corvette C5.

If not, a S197 2005+ Mustang GT is your best bet for speed and comfort. I like these better than the New Edge desu.

Cayman

What do you mean. An auto in the S197 GT does it in 5.0 flat depending on conditions and wheelspin and tires. Not to mention the amount of mods and room to grow you have on a V8 than a high strung V6

youtube.com/watch?v=IpPldjD0FvY

Dream on if you think those are under 10k Boyo

This meme should die already

S4

>Cost to repair will cost more than purchase price in 6 months.

In my horrible opinion, any VW 2.0T (tsi?) and spend a healthy amount on mods. Alternative if you want stock power for 10k probably that mustang GT, if I knew the market price for used SHOs I'd fully endorse that route

This if you actually want to go fast.

Bike fags have a hard time with reading comprehension.

Car fags have a hard time with going fast.

>Even a v6 mustang can do 5.1 seconds 0 to 60
>350z cucks can't believe a 2005 can do the same or better than that.

Pic related, a V6 Mustang with the performance package can do it almost 5 seconds flat according to Motortren. 3.31 gears do a ton of difference and the GT mustang with similar numbers but more torque should be a lil bit better.

That type of Craigslist ad is for rape. Your enough of a fool to respond and you get free rape. Rapelist.

Why is my used cum sock on the intake?

350z hr which he should get and 370z are 4.5-4.7
Nissan is notorious for underestimating their 0-60 and hp

youtu.be/32JxDaCVoX4

lol @ a shitty e36 m3 with the shitty usdm specs. e36 and e46 are practically the same price I don't know why anyone would choose the older fake M

C5 corvette is hands down the best performance for the money. just do maintenance and put some nice tires on it.

>4 cylinder v twin

You must be autistic

>V6 Mustang is faster
>No it's not
>Yeah huh look at this GT time in a straight line
?

>Ever considering a 350z with that joke of an engine.
It can't even manage 500hp to the crank before braking.
The V6 cheap engine can manage 600 before needing forged internals.

>V6 Mustang
>Not faster

You need a Nismo 370z to be faster than a Cheap v6 mustang.

MIATA

10K is plenty for a reasonable condition NA + coilovers, tires/wheels, and other mods.

Pretty good options, the 350z v6 is stout, the accord is the only honda worth a fuck and the 4.6s have the most room to grow for cheap and go hundreds of thousands of miles.

That being said, fuck a salvage title car dude. I'm telling you now, do not go that route. Generally speaking, everyone in the car world agrees a salvage title HALVES the value of a car.

Next up, the 350/35 will get good MPG, are quick once you get above 5k rpm and fairly sporty.

The 04 mustang will feel the shittiest stock, but you could get one for WAY cheaper first off. The 05 has better heads and aluminum block, but a much heavier chassis. It does increase rigidity by 100% but 100$ subframe welds will literally make the sn95 much stiffer.

Fastest combo apart from a lolrocket?

Look at the other dude posting about buying a GT for 3000$. That car plus a fucking turbo is a reliable 450whp. Pistons and rods for 800$ and you can do 600WHP. Junkyard 4v headswap, better fuel, Sky is the limit.

Did you even watch that video? The gt got destroyed by 350z.
Also your pic shows the 2006 z being faster than 2010 gt...
So it took ferd 5 years to TIE with the 350, by which point the 370 is destroying them again.
Ford btfo as usual

>He accepts that a v6 mustang is faster than the track package 350z.
>He doesn't know that the V6 mustang is on par with the GT on acceleration but lolcanturn, hence why the V6 is faster at the track.

>Destroying them again
The 370z cost the same as a GT and it gets BTFO in every aspect by the mustang, right now a v6/ecoboost is the closest competition in terms of performance but not price.

t. Cletus

>2011 car finally TIES with 2006 car
>an accomplishment
How is tying faster?
Yea na, the 350z hr can gap gts like in the vid and even more so the 370.
Price/hp means nothing with those 5.slows

Good luck finding a clean HR for under 10k

>2011 v6 Mustang rekts 350z
>This doesn't make the 350z looks bad

>370z
>Ever winning against a GT 5.0

This is the top of the line NISMO 370z...
It barely managed to win against a v6 mustang by 1 second, the old 2011 5.0 is just in another level. Nissan can't compete in that segment, the new 5.0s? It's not even fair.

the mustangs are probably your best bet, up to you if you want the higher mileage car because convertible

never buy something that's been in any kind of accident.

The v6 didn't rekt anything but ok
What track are these from

Want straight line power go for Mustang.
Want nice straight line performance with very good handling abilities go for 350z. Both cars are rather worry free cars, not many things can go wrong, 350z has very strong gearbox (Many people here use it to manual convert Supras, due to getrags being very expensive) with only weak-points being syncros going out but it is common in sport cars. Both are N/A machines with good reliability, you might find a decent 328CI E36 or 330CI E46 for same price but they are different machines and a bit more expensive to maintain.

Corvette C5

or fbody camaro/trans am with same engine and tranny as c5 vette

This. Ls fbody owner here

>cheapest car that gets you into real power with actual potential

>straight line performance
>350Z

>implying a 5th gen mustang with irs doesnt handle good

Average know nothing ricer spouting bullshit

>getrag
>supra

Its a tremec t56 behind a 2jzgte you mongoloid

Bikefag stay BTFO

Wasnt it in 2015 that it got irs? The 6th gen
Also its still too heavy, hence GT

2005 fag

>gt
>thinks a mistakng is a real gt car

Gt just means its a v8 for ponys

Didn't know they put truck transmissions in supras xD
I said pretty good, it is quite fast car in straight line, not as fast as mustang but still enough to beat most cars on road. Also are you serious expecting car with live axle to perform well in any cornering situations? Finally in new gen they decided that it is time for IRS. IRS new thing in 2015 xD. And it comes from somebody who had an automatic 4.0 facelift for a 2 weeks, and my good friend is a mechanic specialized in 350z/370z.
(OP)
Also you should look at oil pressure gauge, this car dislikes low quality oil, also keep away with cars that have been drifted on stock oil pan as its simple design makes the oil pressure decrease (Or even starve) due to centrifugal forces (Has been changed on 370z). Generally look for simple things this car is very simple compared to other Japanese cars.

Also the 350z can weigh up to 3600lbs which is the same as an 05 gt

(A 1994 FBODY weighs less than a 350z)

>live rear axle

Install a watts link and your pony will handle better than most factory irs setups

inb4 muh pricetag

Are you talking about the irs that ford didn't put into production from 2005-2014? Only the cobras had it from pre 2004

The 350z are a little bit over 1600kg (~3500) irl, while 4th gen GT with Manual is a bit over 1700kg (~3700). Funny thing 350z was actually designed in USA so it might be the reason why it is designed such way with big na V6 and high weight. However the weight itself doesn't matter that much one car can have much stiffer chassis even if it weight this 200lbs more it still might outperform lighter car.

It's a daily driver which means getting a bike is going to be super inconvenient.

Lets don't go this road of discussion because tuning possibilities are endless in both cases, for the same price he could buy Civic/E36 rolling shell and fully modify it so it will outperform everything on road...

>First bike a 1000cc... Only in Murica
>Why not get a lease on H2R instead? Heard they are good first bikes.
Seriously it is a bad idea to have an bullet for first bike. But It is hard to disagree that price/performance ratio is much higher on bikes...

WRX
R
X

lol sure u can get one under 10k clean

a possibility of having a well handling v8 coupe is very enticing though

you can make a civic fast sure, but it won't have that v8 character and torque