Why do German/Japanese cars always lack a sense of humor? Why can only Anglo countries (USA, UK...

Why do German/Japanese cars always lack a sense of humor? Why can only Anglo countries (USA, UK, Australia) make silly cars?

Silly cars are for silly people. We aren't silly.

The SLS was pretty silly, and especially everything Brabus touches is ridiculous.

Also RUF.

what do you mean by silly? I'm not trying to be mean btw

I think OP means something that's just ridiculous on power and cheap as fuck.

Also stuff like

>Model S launch control being called "Ludicrous Mode" and putting a war speed animation on the dash
>Mustang having a dedicated burnout mode
>Viper achieving record-setting speed by just having the worlds most oversized engine, tires, and wing but sticking to an archaic 6 speed transmission
>the Hellcat and Demon are just inherently ridiculous, over 700hp for under 60k
>McLarens having a hidden "loud start" mode
>Supercharged Utes that make over 500HP and have 60/40 weight dist

Shit like that you don't see in any German or Nip car.

>implying

Japan does all their crazy car and bike shit themselves rather than let their manufacturers do it for them. Their shit is more culture based than who can make the biggest engined fastest thing just because though.

80s and 90s japshit had a sense of humor. If it wasn't breaking the 255hp agreement, it was a half ton rwd coupe with sport suspension advertised as a family sedan. Also the wrx and evo are just silly.

Yeah, it's pretty fair to say that modern Japan is unfortunately boring as all hell but they used to be pretty cool about it.

>Civic Type R
>not silly or fun or trying to push performance in a FWD cart

>upcoming S2000

And I forgot kei-cars. We don't really see the fun side of their market like the honda s650.

Germans have a weird sense of humor. They make things like the 600 grosser and sleeper barges that cruise at 150mph.

you mean why do american cars have a personality and asian ones don't? hmmmm

Yeah I know what you mean. Little easter eggs are fun but absolutely useless. My idea of a "silly" car goes beyond one single out of place/4th wall breaking asset. It's the 911 bending the laws of physics as a "serious" car. How can people not see the irony there?
>Ve prezent to zyou people, zis car.
Said a couple of Germans in suits not even smiling on photo's.
They even lower all the numbers pre-release so people are in for a shock. Turns out it quantum entangles to particle on the other side of the universe in order to corner like not physically possible on earth. there are 55cm2 of tyre into to asphalt but it accelerates AND corners (this is the biggy) like a fucking powerboat.

Ferrari pulls this off as well. Sells you a car with a serious face but when you drive it the car is like "Tag! You're it" and you're left chasing its spirit. Mind you they are expensive as fuck and that it a huge selling point. But it's not just the Anglo's. There are a lot of Germanic's (even the Dutch) and Latin's/Asians that make playful cars but are good, even brilliant on ALL fronts

I'd personally think of a gutted 5k civic that was swapped and turbo'd for like a third of the price of the Type R would be more fun and hilarious. The new R is just trying to market a specific image to people so that civics can move even further away from what they used to be.

>the wrx and evo are just silly

I find it amazing how Jap car makers made their own supercars based on otherwise mundane sedans, or in the GT-R's case, modified from a luxury sedan. Slap an AWD system and a turbocharger, give it new suspension, and you have a rally car and a seriously fast machine. I kinda wonder what it'd be like if Toyota made an "Evo" Camry or Corolla.

You'd have a lexus.

>"Evo" Corolla
They did, kinda.

Toyota did something even sillier. They took a corolla drivetrain and put it in a small coupe backwards.

>pigfat SUV
>faster than anything american

pretty funny if you ask me

Honda Ridgeline is pretty funny

You can't fucking top the Australians

>make a 3500 pound landbarge
>slap in a tiny, anemic rotary making only 130hp and 102 footpounds of torcc
>sell it as a luxury vehicle in Japan
>it's too big for Japan, it consumes too much fuel for Japan, it produced too much emissions for Japan, it was slow, and it was worse than other Japanese luxobarges
>call it the Roadpacer AP
>the AP stood for "Anti-Polution" cause 'Straya, cunt

Absolute fucking madmen.

Civics have always been ahead of their Toyota counterparts in terms of styling, performance, and quality. They had to evolve as their reputation grew. Would be dumb not to capitalize on the image that Civics have now, and you have the Fit if you want a cheaper alternative.