The last thread fizzled in record time edition

The last thread fizzled in record time edition.

Previous Thread: With all the Hatch posts on Veeky Forums lately, why not get a containment thread for those who are interested in potentially buying a hot hatch, own a hot hatch, or want to talk shit about how we failed to purchase a FR V8 vehicle.

>What is a "Hot Hatch"?
A Hot Hatch is a manufacturer produced, performance oriented variant of a standard hatchback, designed for improved handling, increased top speed, acceleration and generally enhance the driving experience.

>Are all Hot Hatches FWD?
No. Whilst most Hot Hatches are FWD, some are AWD or even RWD.

>Isn't FWD shit?
No. Just because you can't get the arse out by stamping on the accelerator doesn't mean you can't have fun.

>Aren't Hot Hatches just for Europoors?
No; Hot Hatches have been a thing for the US since the 90s, took a dip in the mid 00s and are gaining momentum again.

Current star of the week: Golf R32

>not adding HHG as a subject

Whoops.

should i trade in my 04 Wrangler for a 16 Gti woo hoo

You had one fucking job, user.

Sure man, if that's what you want. I know one guy who did it, 'built' the car, immediately sold it and bought another jeep.

>
Yeah I know m8 my bad.

How is your Saturday going /hhg/?

I'm fuckin working so shitty

Pretty good, skipped C&C this morning but might go get the hatch washed this afternoon.

pretty fucking close to doing it
5 years of wrangler as my daily driver really makes me miss being able to hear my self think while driving

light hangover recovery, still browsing new cars and fantasizing

as a former wrangler driver holy shit I agree. I do not miss that road noise.

>thinking about getting a GTI
>take a look around
>check every dealer in 100 miles
>check craigslist
>2 GTIs available total

omg

Reminder the mk4 GTI and any car on that platform apart from the R32 is complete shit.

The R32 isn't actually all that good but it does sound fucking orgasmic so it gets a free pass.

So what rwd/awd Hot Hatches are available in NA?

FoRS
STi
Golf R

Suzuki sx4 is nice, or any subie before 2013

he said NA brah

All of those are available in North America.

BMW 1series
also e36 and e46 compacts but you are pretty cucked on engine options for those in NA

oh whoops I thought he meant Naturally Aspirated my bad dude

R32 is slow as fuck. It sure is a blast to drive with a few suspension mods though. North America got fucked compared to the Euro specd car.

Why is FWD shit?

No hektik skidz

e brake doh

sexiest hot hatch desu, plus the newest VR6 with a manual. (Fucking Mk5)

Posting my shit box. She's not fast but she's fun to drive. She's being retired to my daily driver as I'm getting a bike next week.

Getting replaced by a SAAB 9-5 station wagon in the next few days. Aka it's bigger northern cousin

R. I. P, the 2.0 was slow but fun

Nice, I really like 20th GTIs. Have you done much to it?

3" borla turbo back, stage 2 tune, rods and pistons. Probably won't do much though as I've recently taken a liking to bikes. I'll be giving this to my fiancee once I can afford a new DD.

My mighty Skoda. Soon to be replaced with an Evo.

Heads up to ST/RS owners, mountune has 15%off through the 5th with the coupon code USA.

really?? thanks bro I owe you one

No prob.
However I just checked and it doesn't seem to work on the mp275 kit for the focus, probably won't work on the similar kit for the fiesta.

henlo everyone blease be nice to my Ford Focus

they removed all mp kits for the fiesta idk why

I found it on their site, it's oos though.

It's just not worth the money, Ford will pretty much honor things that *actually* break under warranty even on a modified vehicle (in my experience, in the USA, etc etc but most people who get warranty claims denied are for things they did to fuck up the vehicle). The fact you would get a locked down version of an access port with a single, off the shelf tune was just not all that appealing considering map switching and other nice amenities you can get with a custom tune (not to mention the ability to resell an AP3).

They were neat box-mods but not really a great value.

I tried to buy a FMIC and it said it was 799 because of a sale but when I went to check out it was 899 and none of the codes worked. Mountune be some gays right now

Yeah I don't know what the fuck is going on there. I just got the email so maybe they haven't updated the codes.

maybe, I've signed up with them twice and still have never gotten an email

yall using mountuneusa.com ? they have two websites.

yea man I'll go on my laptop later, phone site is being stupid