Have you mastered your home course?

Have you mastered your home course?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/vuvYMP9
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There's a straight back road behind my house.
So yes.

Have you really?
What speed

my home course is an hour away, so nope I know the general layout but have yet to "master" it

Nope

i can do it at like 90, but the surface is shit so not really

I think im pretty good at it. I always see wrx's driving there, but im yet to towghei with them.

>go to county highway with no cops
>get up to 110
>run out of asphalt
>doing 90 on gravel now
>run out of gravel
>slow down without wrecking into the wooden bridge at the end
>I fucking hate Oklahoma

I really wish there was something I could call a home course but nope, there aren't any narrow, winding mountain roads anywhere near where I live nor any actual race tracks. That said I do know roads around me very well but you can't really "master" a roads where no one races on.

the only curvy road near me is in a gated community with a school crossing in it ;~;

fuck florida

>nearest fun mountain pass is curvy and forested just like in my japanese animes
>they drop the speed from 55 to 35 to keep people from dying or RVs from flying off the road
>not ballsy enough to have any actual fun in a 35 because it's way too easy to get hit with excessive speeding/reckless driving

I mean I've got plenty of options for higher speed roads but few of them are as perfect and fun as that one without having to start doing actual driving just to get somewhere to drive.

I live in Florida too, I know these feels

In the animes they always drive at night

Japan doesn't have nearly as many bears and moose and what have you wandering highways at night either. It's in an actual rocky mountain forest.

>tfw my home route isn't that hard
At least I have one though

My home course Is nearby but I'm a broke college bound faggot and the course charges $25 to get in then you pay I believe $50 for each race against others on the track and the winner takes the pot
So I haven't seen my home course

Shit that's nice should copy that and build a track

transit to work consists of twisties through woods that opens up into a straightaway, only downside to it is the deer

there are awesome hills around my area with freshish blacktop but all i have is an accord and my dads old vmax and z1r would probably kill me plus they are 300 miles away in a garage somewhere

i do take the roads as fast as i can tho when im feelin it

Cops are watching basically 24/7 to rake in that ticket money, so no. Once I get a car with actual suspension and disc brakes, I might look into autocross and the local speedway events.

yes but i can only go late at night and there's still a chance of bikers going too damn slow

heres a view from the pullout marked in orange on the map

fuck im retarded

>1024x375

You might also be an ant.

not my photo lol

how far away is this place from you?

You're using flickr wrong. Download the original size, not the thumbnail.

about 20 min to the start, so all an all a couple hour journey. when i get there though im driving maybe 20-40 over so less then that but by the time i get to the vista in the middle i stop and have a smoke and talk with kids and old dudes who also bring their shit up at night to cruise.

heres a pic that some hipster took. this is what it looks like when i go, its pretty cool to hear old muscle at night if they have a muffler delete.

fucking christ

Sweet picture

Houston TX here, I understand the pain

every time I look for a new road and I fond one that's windy and beautiful I find out it's all dirt and I have to start over

>Master home course
>Missouri

Nigga wat

To the point where I have to change what time I go to avoid dipshits trying to race me. I do laps for fun and to try and go faster, not dodge inbreds in their intrepids.

>not wanting to race them to absolutely crush their confidence, hope, and make them question their life choices.
what do you even drive for?

>1-0-0.... I really wanna be free... But the cops have become a nuisance...
Anyone else?

>wahhh I have perfect mountain roads but sometimes the PoPo come around
fuck off this is the life of an enthusiast do your homework and see when they come around and plan around that.

>avoid dipshits trying to race me
Worried about something there?
I enjoy nighttime, but only because the FFS backfires are like my own little fireworks show off the retaining walls.

Calm down, I still love it, still have fun, and still race anyone who seems like they wanna give it a shot.
Just have to be more careful than I used to. I've done all my homework, and have a Valentine for insurance...
But it's still a shame to can a race halfway because Barney Fife can't go pull fags off the Interstate instead.

Tfw no twisties near Phoenix az

AZ 88 @ Canyon Lake. Start barely an hour our of town. Best you can do, and it's not awful.

yea they love to ruin everything that's fun.
>these racers are out here alone not hurting anyone but themselves "better chase them and give em a 800$ ticket"

It's a shame, but it's not the end of the world.
Some states have ramped up the penalties to the point of absurdidty, but CO's not there yet.
Still an automatic license suspension though...

Thanks user

Definitely have, there was a point where I would go up and down it twice a night everyday.

I've cut it down to 3 days now.

one downhill-ish road thats safe with limited driveways I think I've done enough. most I hit is 160km/h on downhill corner, any more then that and it's oversteering from the speed of it in fwd hatch
uphill is easy, I could do way faster if I had a more powerful car but cars limit on power is about 140-150.

the downhill/uphill part that I try fly through is kind of like the last corner on bathurst into the long straight. it goes steep downhill with a slightly sharp turn, coming out into a flat.
going downhill it's easy to oversteer, going uphill it's easy to understeer or not go through it at a fast speed.

there's a crap load of windy mountian roads around here, and there in middle of nowhere out to farmer lands so would never come across any other cars. but they're always full of debris from fallen gum tree branches and other shit, and have to worry about a wallaby or kangaroo jumping out at night... and the roads are almost single lane size roads like where to have 2 cars both have to be right on the edge and you're still real close to each other passing.
if you crashed you'd be going off road into a bunch of trees off a steep slope and wouldn't get phone reception out there.
pretty much all the windy roads in the mountian ranges of aus are like that.. heaps of kangaroos. they're annoying in that you can see one a while away in front, it sees you coming and just stays still.. you keep driving and it just stares at you and doesn't move, then you get right near it and it flys across the road in front of your car.
then come across a bunch of them jumping on road next to you, they're happily jumping the one of them decides they'll jump right towards your car.

discord.gg/vuvYMP9

join if you wanna talk about car on a discord server. This is a new server for car lovers. For those whom love cars and talking about them feel free to join.

Way too many channels
A good comfy server would realistically have max of 10 text channels. Also your rules make you look too tryhard "4chins nigger cuck"
My advice is to build the server with 20 users in mind and simplify everything.
Also dont advertise randomly, that attracts trolls and raids. Best thing to do is invite by word of mouth.
You're best off deleting your post for your own sake

Not really