Next Japanese car brand do go bankrupt

Which one will it be. I vote for Subaru I can see them leaving the US/Canada in a few years

Other urls found in this thread:

de.statista.com/statistik/daten/studie/167008/umfrage/neuzulassungen-von-pkw-nach-marken-in-deutschland/
kba.de/DE/Statistik/Fahrzeuge/Neuzulassungen/MonatlicheNeuzulassungen/monatl_neuzulassungen_node.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They're crushing it in the CUV/SUV market and last year was their best ever year for selling STIs. Not to mention that the BRZ sells like crazy too

Mitsubishi since they're building complete garbage nowadays. And by complete garbage I mean on par with the rest of the world, which is utter trash for Japanese standards.

>inb4 mitsaibaru hating and shilling thread

No Honda is crushing it in the CUV/suv market. Every other car is a pilot/crv/hrv. Subaru makes ok suvs but they cant compete with Honda even with the superior awd. Which is pretty crazy if you think about it

>Subaru
More successful than they've ever been before, only getting bigger
>Toyota
Too big to fail
>Honda
Not crushing it, but doing okay
>Nissan
Really good at making bad cars, will exist as long as poor people with bad credit exist
>Mitsubishi
Going down hard, not as good at making trash as Nissan, fully deserving of death
>Mazda
Not really in danger like Mitsubishi is, but will probably never make enough money to take risks on things like rotary engines

You guys worry about Subaru too much. Manufacturers aren't going to go bankrupt just because they're not the world's top sellers. Subaru have found their corner in the car market and they've been very stable at holding it for decades now. They have no need to scale up and attack the big dogs.

Suzuki, at least in the car market.

You list is shit Subaru shill

is suzuki bankrupt yet?

Suzuki is already gone in the us senpai

It won't be Mitsubishi because the Mitsubishi Group is massive.
The whole Mitsubishi Corporation is worth over 500 billion USD.
Suzuki Cars in North America are dead, but they're iirc the largest auto manufacturer in India, because of Maruti Suzuki.

Do faggot Americans even get to buy Suzukis? Because they're doing pretty well in Europe. In fact in 2016 more Germans have bought Suzukis than Hondas.

Also you lot underestimate huge developing world markets like India. If you have a cheap shitbox for India and China, you're basically already out of trouble.

Yeah, the group, but are they willing to keep their struggling car department alive?

>that one fag who needs to bring up that Mitsu also makes TVs and pencils in every thread

Mitsubishi Automotive is dead. The zaibatsu will probably just cut their auto division.

>In fact in 2016 more Germans have bought Suzukis than Hondas.
i find that hard to believe

Its literal Subaru they have the least resources

Hopefully Honda

Suzuki

Never going to happen.

Fuck, that car makes my cock rock solid. I'd buy it, but my fellow americans wouldn't.

de.statista.com/statistik/daten/studie/167008/umfrage/neuzulassungen-von-pkw-nach-marken-in-deutschland/

In the form of an easy to read graph, 2016 annual numbers.

kba.de/DE/Statistik/Fahrzeuge/Neuzulassungen/MonatlicheNeuzulassungen/monatl_neuzulassungen_node.html

In detailed numbers by month including trends, this is the official federal motor transport authority website.

Let us not forget the reason Subaru is so small is because they cant afford to get bigger in the us. Or anywhere for that matter. Honda, Toyota and Nissan dominate the import market. They batter both Subaru and Mitsubishi countless times over. To prove this look at the sales numbers/ dealer support. Honda/ Toyota/ Nissan are like starbucks and often have maybe a dozen dealers within a large city. Subaru maybe has 3-5.

>nazi propaganda

Might as well buy a UTV with a windshield and doors, basically the same size.

Oh wait, those aren't road legal in the land of the free.

I vote for Shitsubishi, then Nissan. Mazda may be vulnerable eventually. Honda, Toyota, and Subaru will be around forever.

Good list

Mini-truck a cute. Cute!

Why

Subaru is making more money than ever you retard

>tfw you drive a Toyota

>objectively the best, biggest, most powerful automaker in the entire world

>Americunts btfo

Definitely mitsubishi. They won't go bankrupt but if we're just talking about leaving the US market, itll probably be them.

Pour one out for mitsubishi and mazda theyre both selling some pretty boring cars with like just 1 car that peaks the consimers intrest and are afraid of taking risks

The ones who are making crap cars. Like Nissan.

Mazda can't really afford to take risks since they're so small. I think maybe they could get away with a limited run of the RX-9

The best textile company america has ever seen

>India
POO
O
O

I doubt that, adventuresome types like Subaru. The Outback is the best selling care where I live, they are everywhere. I see Mitsubishi going away first.

That's fucking adorable. I want it.

oddly enough they never move them when weather is shit. When I go camping and hiking all of the cars in the lot are usually Hondas or American SUV'S . Subaru lost that spot as the adventure car and is now for hauling eco friendly wood and farmers market shit

I agree that they are the yuppie car of choice, I do see quite a few of them at trailheads here. That being said, it doesn't snow often here so the worst the AWD has to deal with is rain. They are pretty amazing in the snow though.

Poozuki in the Loobaru?

I have a haldex awd Honda memewheeldrive. It works perfectly fine in the snow. I saw no difference in performance.
>inb4 stupid roller test.

I have never driven a Honda AWD system, I have however driven a Subaru in the snow. Honestly I think they might just be all the same anymore.

Subaru's system is superior because it evenly balances power to all wheels, whereas other systems have a bias towards one set. Also, they use a viscous coupling with limited-slip differential, which allows power to be sent to whatever wheel has the most traction, making them superior for winter weather driving. They pioneered this system way back in the 70s and no manufacturer before or since has come close to their legendary status.

Wouldn't it be logical to have bias towards one set if the weight is unevenly distributed between the axles?

>weight distribution is 60:40
>hurr even power distribution even though the 50% power at the rear axle can find far less grip

Funny enough it works just as well as 2wd cars with snow tires and haldex cars with regular all seasons. What the fuck where they thinking

Also subarus are far from legendary and more like shit. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

lol not where I live, subaru is gaining more and more marketshare here

>Singer BTFO

Literally no.

I own 2 Subaru's and a Honda with AWD.

The viscous coupler can not send extra power to the front or rear, and both front and rear diffs are open unless you buy certain performance models.

It works good, but it's not some miracle system.

That being said, this thread is cancer, Subaru isn't going anywhere any time soon... there is an insane amount of Subaru's on the road in Canada.

2wd and snow are as horrible a pairing as Trump and the White House.

memeula 1

This guy never drove a RWD Kei Truck in the snow, shit is so fun.

their car department is successful with their Jap only shit, but yeah they could shut down their worldwide market. Don't see them ever stopping cars completely tho.

honda

NSX is overpriced and pigfat shit
typer is overpriced ricemobile
civic is shit
accord is just a larger slightly more powerful civic
CRV/HRV are just another bland crossovers

Problems in F1
Problems in Indycar
Problems in MotoGP

Bianchi died at Suzuka

Doing same shit over and over, with the same outdated tech

Is it even possible to get trucks like that in burgerland?

If you import them. But good luck getting them registered and inspected. Those things are deathtraps, what with the cab being over top the front wheels and all.

Yes you have to import them for street use (obviously the rule applies if you want to run it on the street). I also believe you can get new ones but only for farm use.

>don't inspect your own cars in a million years
>deny import and registration of brand new foreign cars because they're too "unsafe"
>American logic

That's unfortunate.

Actually most states require inspections of some sort. But sadly, Cash 4 Clunkers pretty much obliterated all the old "unsafe" vehicles.

not really. They probably wouldn't last here anyways . The other user is silly to even own one for a business. He would be much better off with a 2wd tacoma

Most of the state inspections are a joke though judging by the crap that passes them, nevermind the bribes that a lot of garages are happy to take.

Right as I got my license and completely wiped the used car market for me. I'm still salty.
I just really like them and want one.

You cant always have what you want user. sorry

They burned up so many classic cars and it sure burns me up too.

Careful, this sort of stuff doesn't go well with Americans at all. They like being told that they can do anything and have anything even if they can't.

Nothing goes well with Americans. We're a big-ass country of some 320 million people, half of whom probably don't want to be here, obviously everything is going to wrinkle our sprinkles, activate our almonds, rustle our jimmies, or whatever you call it.

This
I'm pretty offended right now.

DONT TELL ME ANYTHING IS GOING TO MAKE ME FEEL SOMETHING

I drive a Subaru and can tell you this is only partially true. Ues this is the system in place in the high end models, the base models are far less.

My Legacy wagon has I believe a 60/40 or 55/45 split. It has the viscous coupling in the center however it has open diffs front and rear. I know this as I've straddled some obstacles and found it got stuck quickly.

All that said, it does handle incredibly well in inclement conditions. You can floor it in rain, and it just goes. In the snow it takes off very quickly and is very fun to throw around. It is highly predictable and easily controlled in a slide.

My biggest complaint though is the ride is horrid. Mid 2000's everything had to be rally stiff.

Yes, I was going to buy one the other day but forgot about it. They are imported often with the higher gears locked out to keep them from being used on the road. This isn't always the case though.

Depends on your state..

Also.. I live in Ontario... Not Burgerland.

2WD Tacoma doesn't fit through peoples gates into their backyard to unload mulch.

Nice business advice dipshit.

Mitsuoka will go completely bust, Daihatsu and Isuzu will just makes commercial vehicles and semi's.

My uncle uses Sidekicks on the farm all the time. Road legal, A/C, goes everywhere a JD Gator goes because the wheelbase is essentially the same and you can pick them up for $1500 all day long.

My bet is Mitsubishi is done first. I had a rental Galant that was OK as a car but I couldn't get over the sound of the starter. It sounded like something that belonged on a Briggs & Stratton.

That thing is safe as fuck. There's like 10 ft of crush space from the hood ornament to the passenger compartment.

this

>GT-R
>bad car

Jokes on you, wait till you see one in a head on accident with any modern vehicle.

Cute and super practical!

Acura

Mitsubishi

That's the essence of practicality

The sheer amount of people who buy their outbacks and foresters up in new england and the PNW are enough to sustain their presence in the US for decades to come

>It won't be Mitsubishi because the Mitsubishi Group is massive.

Mitsubishi Group sold off their Mitsubishi auto division to Nissan last year. It has been severely underperforming due to the japanese public having a long memory of the two decades of management corruption that killed off the company.

That's what happens when the rewards system is changed to short term rewards for managers. Before retirement, they may cut projects or do other things to generate "false" cost savings and thus earn a huge bonus or raise just before they retire. But those decisions were bad for the company but those senior managers didn't care. They had no loyalty.

The reason why corps have a president and ceo that talks directly to board members is to prevent senior managers from colluding to benefit themselves at the company's expense. Unfortunately, too much of the upper management was into corruption and it couldn't be stopped. Multiple scandals occurred and the japanese public lost faith and sales dropped. The excuses of "it won't happen again" don't work after more major car problems occur every few years along with the occasional big scandal.

>NSX is shit
Normies don't know it exists and wouldn't care if they did
>Type R is shit
People are paying over 40k for them so the market thinks otherwise (also faster than the STI or RS on a track)
>Civic is shit
Getting way better reviews than the last gen
>Accord is pointless
Agreed
>CRV/HRV are bland crossovers
Yeah that print tens of billions of $
>shit at motorsports
Normies don't even know Honda races

Honda will do fine

>Which one will it be. I vote for Mitsubishi I can see them leaving the US/Canada in a few years

fix'd

>inb4 SIDF

Watch out these angry lesbians

As a Honda owner I gotta agree with you. The civic in my opinion is the useless one though. Accord puts out good numbers. The civic is now the accords size but I think the demographic is a bit different. With the introduction of the HRV I think the fit is now the useless one. Its a good car but at the LX trim the HRV blows it out of the water. I purchased my HRV months ago and recently found Veeky Forums because of some past hrv post. They sold a shit ton of them in 2016..something like 80k plus units and even surpassed what they expect to sell. Yeah sorry this "crossovers are shit phase" Veeky Forums is going through is going to end shortly with the market being saturated by them.

Basically the moral of the story is Honda puts of a shit ton of cars and they don't even have to fight to do it. Look elsewhere if you think the dealer is going to haggle with you. They will tell you to look elsewhere and sell to the next person who walks though the door. I have to admire the hustle though. Every other car on the street is a Honda. That doesn't happen overnight, they earned that through years and years of making good cars and "shilling" to the average consumer.

I'm assuming by "bankrupt" you mean "gtfo US market," correct?

Then I vote Mitsu.
(By the way, I'm not counting the Fuso trucks; they're basically a different entity.)

Globally, if anything should fall, it would be Mazda.
>No larger corporate backing; other companies either have huge scale or large corporate presence
>Ford was the lifeline but that was changed after 2008 crisis
>Mexico plant can't produce enough units so they have to collaborate with Toyota to sell Mazda 2 / Yaris iA

Also a deathtrap; it's not being sold in America for a good reason.

>Cute and super practical!
In Japan, many vehicles are small, lightweight, and built like that. But the USA had an arms race where people bought vehicles that would kill other people. Big. Heavy. Large Engines. If it were legal to mount battering rams and explosive warhead spears, almost everyone would do so as a matter of protection thru offensive hitting power.

>Normies don't know it exists and wouldn't care if they did
>normies don't care about halo cars
MT "test" of NSX has 3M views

>Normies don't even know Honda races
normies know enough that Senna has driven Turbo McLaren with Honda engine. and they do know that honda is utter shit right now

>Also a deathtrap
Smart Car looks and becomes a deathtrap if something heavy hits it. Yet those are allowed onto freeways.

They can actually get to highway speeds and has actual steel shell that does shit.
Suzuki Carry? No, absolutely not. You'd be lucky if your knees are the only things that go with the crash.

The japanese don't give a shit about pulling out of foreign markets when they are making losses though.

Lesbians love Subaru.