Neighbor got a Type R

Isn't it beautiful, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-technology/a10032609/why-the-2017-honda-civic-type-r-has-three-tailpipes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes

Is the HSA going to require they keep it in the garage? Kind of looks like an eyesore.

One exhaust per cylinder? Where are you gonna put the trailer hitch?

Damn, it's much bigger than I thought

>beautiful
The new type R is the antithesis of beautiful. It's the ugliest car honda has ever made.

It looks like a shoe I made my kid work to pay for.

god damn that's a fat ass

tell him bread on the hood

Yeppers

My neighbour got one in black and it looks normal because all the edges blend together unlike twotones.

It's pretty uggo. Shame it's a pretty good car underneath the hideous exterior.

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-technology/a10032609/why-the-2017-honda-civic-type-r-has-three-tailpipes/

Ugly, overdesigned, slow, overpriced and bad sounding. Should've gotten a Golf R instead.

>FWD ((("""performance"""))) car

This. Those things are amazing, hitting boost is nice, it makes a 4cyl feel like a v6 and almost sound like one too (almost lol)

how much did he pay for it?

The RS is better in every way for around the same price.

>almost sound like one too (almost lol)
Wut? Most turbo 4s sound better than most V6s. V6s in general are crap-tier for sound.

Sound tiers (ranked by tier no specific order):
God tier
>V16
>FP V8
>V12
>H12

Good tier
>CP V8
>I6
>I5
>I8
>V4
>3+ rotor wankel

Bad tier
>I4
>H4
>H6
>VR6

Crap tier
>V6
>I3
>2 rotor wankel

>V10 so shitty sounding that you forgot about it
At least you got one thing right.

Is your neighbor a 16 year old Japanese twink?

why does it have so many fucking edges? it looks like a crumpled paper ball.

I've never heard a V10, only listed engines I've heard in real life.

>heard an h6,h4,v4,l8,h12 and a v16
>>>>never heard a v10
yeah right rofl

Your autism is pretty strong to care this much, but I'll bite. I've been to Goodwood a good number of times, and I've seen the Porsche 917 and BRM V16 there.

H6 is NOT rare, every fucking porsche has one
H4 is NOT rare, every fucking Beetle or subaru has one
I8 is common in old american cars
V4 is common as fuck, plenty of motorbikes have them, plus saab sonnet.

I've seen a Viper on the track but I've never heard it clearly. I never saw any V10 F1 cars run in person. Never have heard an LFA in person.

V10s are pretty uncommon, FAR more uncommon than an H6, H4, V4.

it looks like what a 5 year old thinks cars look like

The only reason the LFA sounds good thanks to Yamaha because they're good when it comes to sound but if they didn't help I guarantee it wouldn't get the hype like it does now

kek

It would honestly be so much better looking without the fake plastic vent shit on the front and rear. I remember some dude photoshopped them off, making it look absolutely beautiful.

There is a V10 in every Gallardo, and there are 14 thousand of those around.

And in some R8s as well, which together with Galardo are probably the most supercars after Porsches

Looks the part.

Someone on my road got a new Civic and I double take every time I see it because it's just so fuck ugly. It really is possibly the most fuck ugly car I've seen, possibly second only to those Lexus SUVs with grotesque front grills and stupid needless abstract jaggy lines everywhere

It's fucking mind-boggling to me that there are actually people out there who think this car looks good. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

No.

Way too ricey

It's both ugly as hell and cool as fuck at the same time.
I'd want one if it was offered with DCT

>washing your car when the sun is still in full view
He must love water spots.

Hmm. Maybe I have heard one then, thought the Gallardo had a V12 for some reason. Sounds pretty good.

i don't know why some of you cunts call this slow. just have a look at how many cars it's faster than at the ring.

this thing and the zl1 are probably the best performance bargains right now.

I keep telling people not to wash their car in the sun. But no one listens.
>mrw they come crying to me about spots

>ring
Car ruined.

Nice Suburu with Honda badge

>the ring.
>paying attention to lap times set by different drivers with different weather and different traffic on a 20.6km track
kek

Murcs are the V12 ones.

>v10
>sounds bad

Toyota/Yamaha Lexus LFA V10 is possible the best sounding production car engine of all time.

The Porsche Carrera GT also has a V10, another incredible sounding engine.

>two spoilers
>three exhaust tips
>fake vents

what the fuck was honda thinking

LFA sounds like absolute hell.

>lap records available with video evidence
>implying manufacturers don't rent out the entire track when they want to set a time

this thing is faster than a much more expensive 718 cayman S. i suppose you're going to tell me that the zl1 isn't faster than the porsche and it's all a PR stunt.

you really think manufacturers aren't going to pick favorable conditions to set a lap time? so that would mean fairly similar track environment.

before someone accuses me of being a honda lover, i don't and have never owned one. i was actually looking at a cayman before this but i can't justify the price difference. will probably buy an exige in the future.

good post

Where goes the trailer hitch?

On the u haul.

Still wondering how much he paid cause these things are now the same price as a RS.

You double nigger you're so clueless you don't even know which way your ass points.

20.6km is a long motherfucker of a track, that is an incredible distance for subtle driver differences and weather effects like temperature and density altitude to play hell with lap times. Nurburgerring lap times are USELESS if you view them a granularity of less than 10 seconds.

>sound over performance
>not wanting a constant big throaty exhaust
pfff

It's only ever bearable on something italian.

the type r has no exhaust note

You might think >pic related is riced

After all, is has:
>bling tail lights
>vents that do nothing
>scoops that do nothing
>too many exhaust pipes
>enormous wing

But unlike it doesn't have a fake widebody.

It's not entirely fake, the Type R does have a wider track width than a normal civic. The Type R is 63"/62.7" front/rear while the regular one is 60.9"/61.5".

>wheels are 1.05" / 0.6" further out per side

Oh yeah, obviously need huge widebody fenders for that.
Could never fit that under the standard ones...

Gotta give Honda credit for being comfortable with who they are. Seeing a Civic come pre-riced from the factory is like seeing an awkwardly closeted fag-muffin finally come out.

If they were smart, they'd still first-party mawds to profit on the whole stack as their cars transition from "nice" to "rice."

>they'd still
they'd sell. Sorry for phone cancer.

found the porsche fan

thx doug

Is it bad I would take this over OP car any day? It's clearly riced, but it's not horrendous. Well, I would take it over the type R if it had the same performance. You can argue some of the type R is "performance components" but with all the fake vent bullshit it's clear they achieved the look they were going for and that's why it is the way it is.

And what it is is ass.

Very yes
>Dem wings
>Dem exhaust pipes

Friend of mine that works at a Honda dealer told me they're marking these up by 25k, so your retarded neighbor paid over 60 thousand dollars for a honda civic

you can order directly from honda to avoid dealing with stealerships.

What the fuck does seeing the nurburgring for what it is have to do with Porsche? Stupid fuck.

Every 12 year old's dream

The second generation m6 had a v10.

Part of me wants to say that the car looks pretty badass but the other part of me is saying that its kind of overdone and tacky. I'm conflicted with this one lol.

>Part of me wants to say that the car looks pretty badass
That's your 12-year old part

>the other part of me is saying that its kind of overdone and tacky.
Adolescent part

Why don't cars go with a more streamline design anymore? That looks awful with all those edges and plastic fittings.

Because the modern aerodynamic and pedestrian friendly shape looks like a featureless blob without a bunch of otherwise pointless creases and protuberances. They literally have to make it fugly to differentiate it from all of the other boring little shitboxes on the road. Cars will never look like the one in your picture again because it's not aerodynamic and it's not crash test/pedestrian friendly.

Meanwhile in the 60s
>why can't they design cars like in the 30s anymore, they're all the same soulless boxes nowadays

Is this the same nigger with a "Bentley" 200C?

What the fuck is going on with this car holy shit

Because its CURRENT YEAR

>Lets play pin the tail on the donkey to decide where the wheels go

>ring lap times
Implying you fags will ever take it past 100 on a straight away for 2 seconds in your shitty little neighborhood

i saw a blue type r yesterday for the first time in person. 2 fast 2 furious for me.

It looks like a fucking spaceship

But I like it

Go look up a BMW m6 v10 on YouTube and update your list faggot

a 40k honda is as as fast as a 80k porsche. by your metrics +/-10 secs. a smoking bargain. go take your misplaced rage on your dick.

implying some of us haven't been to the local racetrack and blown up our engines. and by racetrack i mean a multi turn road course not a parking lot cone fest.

implying i haven't blown out my speedo cable at 4am in the morning doing close to 240kph.

You're a complete idiot. Instead of taking the point (nurburgerring times are useless for comparing cars) you just go full retard and start using it as fuel for your maximum benchracing

Just stop, or at least find a situation where the cars were driven by the same driver in similar conditions.

L M A O

honda cucks on suicide watch

>I broke my car being stupid

Yeah...you're cool...

if this car had less exhaust pipes and more normal tail lights, it would be proper nice

This

>those parking sensor holes
>doesnt have parking assist due to "weight reduction bro"
>they didnt remove the sensor holes

what the fuck

looks ugly.
>BASE PRICE: $34,775
Wow. Could get a 'stang GT or literally anything else.

Looks horrific and is also way too big.

Tbh, it looks like the kind of thing I'd design if I was 13

it looks fat

>0-60 in 5 seconds
>Pigfat Durango SRT can do it in 4.4

Gookland btfo yet again by American superiority.

>projection: the post

Where does 2 cylinder fit into this?

Elder God tier:
>electric

>electric
>sounding good
select only one