/ccg/ Classic Car General

/CCG/ - Classic Car General

Summer edition.

Bring your classic and lets all get rust in our eyes together.

>Cars are considered classic at 25 years old

>Everybody has their own taste, enter if it's of age

>Post your classic, your work on it, and get advice

>Any and all discussion about classics welcome

>Rust is a bitch, and not for the faint of heart; tread lightly

>You will inevitably spend twice your budget, no exceptions

>That classic you're eyeing on Craigslist probably needs a shit ton of work

about to purchase this for £300, listed as 88k mileage with a fucked alternator

FUn project or not, Veeky Forums?

For 300? hell, what have you got to lose

just driveway space :^)

You see, these trunks are so vast you probably can't reach whatever invariably fell into the seat panel fold.

That's not a classic car

>25 year old car
>not classic

have you considered suicide?

Oh look, we have one of "those people" in the thread already

not him but let's be honest my dude, it's not that particularly interesting and most of us here really only care about Ameribarges.
Speaking of which, has Dracula immigrated to the landbarge general or something?

Posting this in the new thread because I love it.

yes most of us here care only about American vehicles, but Classics of any country have always been welcome to /ccg/ since the beginning.

As for Dracula, might be busy lately, I haven't seen him for a while. Maybe he died

I just bought a 1976 toyota hilux. Engine is Toyota's 20r with a fresh rebuild from top to bottom, 32/36 weber carb, supra transmission (I don't know specifics), no rust, resprayed bottom, bed intact but with surface rust, one pinhole in floorboard driver side, A/C intact but not hooked up, pinhole leak in radiator, lacking exhaust exhaust, minor dings all over the body, and a toolbox full of spare parts.

I dropped $4000 on it. I have no idea what I'm doing. I just knew I wanted an old truck, and when I saw a 76 Hilux come on the market I had to check it out. How bad/good did I do?

looks pretty good hombre, don't let it turn into one of those ratty pieces of shit.

well it looks pretty cool

just how many goddamn Mainers are on Veeky Forums

Looks pretty damn clean for a Toyota that old

The 20R is a much better engine than the 22R.
Ya did gud.

Thanks m8s, I feel a little less bad about spending the money. I'm normally not impulsive on cars, but this truck just spoke to me when I saw it. I'll do my best to take care of it. Going to be doing some work to it over the next couple weeks to get it into shape. I exclusively post on /dbt/, but I guess I'll be coming to /ccg/ now as well and will come back with updates

a mid engined, low priced sports car that has a cult following is definitely more of a classic than a plymouth horizon.

thanks dawg, I'm stoked to work on and drive this truck. Would it be tasteful to put some good bedliner over the bed and floorboards? I figured the bed for these things is pretty hard to come by, especially in any appreciable shape

I'm the one you always reply to, dingus.

I am still extremely jealous of your ferds powerplant.

I don't see why not. My buddy has a fully-bedliner'd Sidekick and it's pretty OK.
It looks like a rubber floormat until you get down there and poke it. Or notice the wires captured in it lel.
I'll ask him how it's holding up where his throttle foot rests.

1990 with a 460 and E4OD transmission

Well nobody here has posted a Horizon yet but when they do i'll let them know that it's a piece of shit too.

DIDN'T KNOW MY PLATE LIGHT WAS OUT UNTIL THE DISCO LIGHTS FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK

Well you don't see that many Omnis/Horizons around any more. I've seen exactly two in the last ten years.

>the only definition of classic car is a binary year cutoff

yea, and a '92 accord is a "classic car" lol

evergreen?

my truck and many other vehicles on here are pieces of shit. but then again, to me the difference between a piece of shit and a pristine classic is the paint job to me. It is all a spectrum.
I have seen a few, they're shit though.

that was in california. This is in parker though.

>my truck and many other vehicles on here are pieces of shit. but then again, to me the difference between a piece of shit and a pristine classic is the paint job to me. It is all a spe
Well your truck has historical value whether you recognize it or not. Horizons and Omnis were literally throwaway cars with no other intention.
They're like Yugos honestly, some people may like them but the vast majority of people see them for what they really are.

>Well your truck has historical value whether you recognize it or not. Horizons and Omnis were literally throwaway cars with no other intention.
that's what I am saying about the MR2 though. That being said, a omni GLH and GLHS is certified cool. I have seen 10 second built ones a few times.

So there's a Citroën Traction Avant for sale for $2500 and I think I'm going to try to get it. Not that I need another car but it seems like too good of a deal to pass up. Called owner during the week and he says it runs and is fairly rust free, but needs brake and fuel system redone to be able to drive it. Although it's a holiday weekend, I'll call the place it's at tomorrow and leave a message saying I'll take it if it hasn't been sold yet, and that I'll put a deposit down on it.

When you see one that was cared for all it's life and in pristine condition with low mileage, it basically is

Before carpet, but I love the picture.

I love that bench

it's an old, well cared for shitbox. you're trying to stick to being technically correct while everyone is laughing at you on the road

Most American classics are old, well cared for shitboxes. We just like them because America.

This. I've had 4 classics, The Dart was a economy shitbox. The Impala is a slightly higher class full size car, but is still very basic and was a family car. The International, well shit, literally a poor man' farm truck. The Polara has AC, so I guess that makes it the highest class vehicle I've had, still a 4 door family hauler though. Nothing real special about any of them.

>sun-roof convertible
Didnt know my civic was a convertible!

everyone likes them, because they had style, a signature look, and still look good. most look far better than the regular car today. a shitbox is a shitbox because it's an efficient ugly car.

we're comparing cars that are to this date so far apart tech wise it's not even worth it. They still had carbs, having a turbo or super wasn't common at all. a 92 accord is in no way a classic car aside from having the age

Crazy ass day. Thunderstorm woke me up at 2am and I went downstairs to park my cars under cover. Ended up wrenching a bit. Took the gf out for a drive in the light rain, which became a fucking hurricane, then I stalled out downshifting and flooded the carb so we were stuck on the highway.

Had AAA tow me to a local shop, rain dried up as soon as the flatbed arrived. We get her off the trailer and she's running just fine. Ends up I spend 6 hours at the shop just wrenching around with the shop owner giving me tips, I helped him with some errands and work and maybe he'll not charge me too much. As we go to move the truck onto to the lift to change the fluids, she stalls out again. I was right, carb was flooding, float was sticking and the accelerator pump is fucking garbage. Rebuild kit on the way...

All in all sorta fun, met some interesting people and maybe I'll go back next week and ask Bill if he doesn't want an apprentice. God knows I could use the income.

Wish I got some decent pics of the shop but this crappy shot of my fleet will have to do.

Damn, I always save your pics mang. So comfy. I don't mind my 6cyl but manual steering =/= comfy. At least my 99c suicide knob came in the mail and it's much heftier than I was expecting

Look, another off-brand trip fag. Woohoo.

Thanks man. My ferd actually has power steering swapped in. I believe the drivetrain is from an 80s f150. Still has the most terrible four wheel drums and single master cylinder

>tfw don't know if I just want to do a mild cruisin' build
>or just say fuck it and blow even more money on a street racing build

these thread's are so shit these day's so many not classic's

Everything you're posting is subjective opinion. Old Japanese cars have a small but dedicated following, just because you don't like them doesn't mean other people don't like them. This goes for really any type of car honestly

trips should really just go to some normal fucking forum that isn't Veeky Forums.

if that one faggot candy bar wasn't as active as he was, I probably wouldn't even accidently respond once in awhile.

>/Ccg/ has been overrun by tripfags and namefags

It's always been this way.

It was like this from the start.
Most of the trips here aren't total faggots

>being this mad that a couple folks decided to use a function built in to this Kyrgyzstani falconry forum to identify themselves so they don't have to list off their vehicles every time they post

This, tripping was made for this sort of thing and i usually take mine off when not posting in /ccg/

car show?

Yeah that was the golden super cruise

i want this $1000 lebaron

Then buy it

1984 Toyota Corolla LE, just got her for 800$. Everything runs smooth, just needs new tires and breaks soon. Rust in the usual areas, as this is a midwest car. Was thinking of putting fender mirrors on, any thoughts?

i'm worried it will just become another pile of junk at my hoarder garage

>that
>classic
that belongs in the shitbox general or toyota general

god damn that's a sexy 57

fuck off

compelling argument
no

My neighbor had a 4 door lebaron

Never really understood the appeal for them, but if you like it at least find a four door..

>1984 Toyota Corolla LE

My uncle had one back in the day, those older Toyotas and Hondas will always have a special place

pic related 85 accord

Odd thing is these older cars still hold a nice value and you can find one in decent condition for a little under 10k

not bad. i need a convertible though

First car?

Whats with the appeal for something like that?

no .. i have a car and a truck i just want something to goof around in

Someone had to tell the truth eventually. Sorry for intruding on your safe space.

Kek. I own 4 vehicles right now and live at an apartment. I know this feel.

I completely agree. Genuine tri 5 bel airs make me stiff.

I for one like convertibles

He's not wrong though, man. You're in the wrong thread.

>I own 4 vehicles

WTF did you buy?

Ferd
Acura
Yamaha

And now I got this little guy :^)

ahh okay

Didn't know you're stepping up and adding some vehicles to the collection,.

>Good luck finding space to store all that, its tough in apartment life.

i have 7 and have to rent a space outside of the inner city i live in

it's a bit obscene

It's a pita. Thankfully the truck is on the street. I have a few parking spots, but I think I'm going to sell the Acura soon and buy a used Fiat 500 abarth

I am considering doing that. The goal is to buy like a quarter acre and put a warehouse on it so I can have a personal cuckshed for parties and hot rods and motorcycles.

>don't talk to me or my son ever again

I have shit stored everywhere as an apartment cuck. Corvette at the dealership, crown vic and bronco at the apartment, bronco's top in my fiances backyard.

It was like this from the beginning, what are you on about?

just some summercunt who came in here to bitch about trips who don't even post outside of this gen.

Those things always made me a bit nervous since if you go to grab the wheel while it's spinning I'm sure that knob hitting your knuckles would not be fun.

I remember when everyone posted with namefags on here...

I still think that gtr vs corvette is the best trolling on this website since M3 vs 5.0

What are you talking about?

I was simply mentioning when everyone on Veeky Forums had a name

Where do you come up with gtr vs corvette

I was reminiscing on the old days of Veeky Forums

>trolling
It's literally just repeating the same words and phrases 24/7/365. It's just dumb and ruins threads.

You're probably right. Sometimes it's fun to do retarded arguments that mean nothing.

>people arguing about cars they cant afford
>Best trolling

Not smug enough

>Stop showing off

Dont test me mortal

5/10 at least you're trying

America has cool cars in it

What kind of camera do you use?

Are you from /p/?

those were all snap shits with my moto z with the hasselblad attachment

My regular camera as seen here is a nikon d300

>nikon d300

Are you into photography?

Those nikons are entry tier dslr

Have you looked at the canons?

>nikon vs canon
meh. at that point they're the same. my camera is a 8 year semi-professional unit, but I have dumped a bunch of money into glass.

If I wanted a brand new DSLR with every feature possible, it might matter, but at this level, it is up to the user and the lens.

My dad is having trouble starting this engine after years of sitting, engine has been rebuilt with new sending unit,alternator,starter,battery, etc. He worries that our family mechanic that put the carburetors on. Is it possible he put them in wrong order? Only thing that wasn't replaced was the fuel log to the left of the carburetors maybe that's clogged. Anything else to try?

Fuck forget rest of sentence, family mechanic may have installed carburetors in wrong order is that possible?