Need help with new car

I've been getting ready to buy my first car but i can't find the right one. i've been looking at a 1999 miata with 125k miles for $6k but it seems too small for me any suggestions? my price range is only around 10k
pic related its the miata

I only recently got interested in cars so i don't know too much about anything so i need help

>Miata
>Small

No shit?

If you're new to cars, read the sticky.
Also, just get a Civic and call it a day.
(Avoid the 2012-2016 models.)

I've got a 2006 civic in my driveway it hasnt been driven for about 8 years and im not sure how much longer it would last anyways

>Hasn't been driven for 8 years
Why the fuck didn't it get sold after 1 year?
The fuel is probably amber by now.

Get the Miat' and get the 10th anniversary edition, you won't regret.

>(Avoid the 2012-2016 models.)
why

My parents were saving it for my brother, but after they bought him a tacoma it was passed to me

Wayyyyyyyyyyy too much money for that Miata.

If the Miata is too small, buy a Civic. NA Miatas (first gen, the one you linked is a second gen) have more interior room if you do still want a Miata. I love mine.

Eight years.

show pic of civic lol

i would but its 3 am and too bad of a neighborhood

a 10A is kind of pointless if OP just wants a Miats. There's no power increase, you just get a loaded '99 with Eiffel 65 levels of blue. The 10A interior is fucking awful-looking desu.

OP, be aware that the NB Miatas have thicker seats and doors making the fit very snug, They all feel "too small" but if you're 6'2" or under you'll be good. I actually can't fit my knee between the door and the steering wheel in my '99, but I also did a foamectomy and the driving position is much better than stock.

That price seems high for the mileage but keep in mind NBs command a premium because they're mechanically superior to the NA in almost every way and thus in demand for track rats and autocrossers.

By too small I'm also talking about the safety aspect, there's a lot of shit drivers in my town and I'd rather not get crushed by a redneck

I was also looking at a 3000gt at 225k miles for $3.5k
pic related
also is it shit to buy from edmunds?

T R U M P

Well, the NB is safer than the NA. Part of the reason the doors are thicker is for better side-impact protection. If you have a lot of lifted trucks in your area, you will simply have to make extra effort to stay out of their blind spots. You could also get an obnoxious exhaust, so you can be heard like a bike.

that seems like a piece of shit, 3000GTs are electronically complicated and expensive to maintain. One with that kind of mileage is sure to have all kinds of issues even if it's only an n/a one.

this, way too much for a 1999

Loud doesn't work anymore. Everyone drives around with their earbuds or IEMs crammed into their ears.

So NB is 1999-2005 and any of those years are good

99 is the best year nb imo, but with that, that is way too much for an nb miata, also avoid a 3000gt due to complexity and general reliability issues. i always try to avoid buying from any sort of dealer when buying a used car. 10k is a lot of money to spend, you should be able to get a really nice car. you should post some features and things youre looking for so someone can give you suggestions and alternatives on a car to purchase. when you go to buy a car, it might also be worth getting it inspected by a trusted technician. i have saved quite a few people from buying a bad car just by having a knowledgeable person look over the car. definitely worth the money

Are you buying the car outright?

Well, there's the NB1 which is the 1999-2000 model and the NB2 which is the '01-'05.
The NB1 is more like the late-model NA, with the same 5-speed gearbox and engine combination making slightly more power.

The NB2 has variable valve timing, a 6-speed gearbox, projector headlights, and taller seats.