/dbt/ - [ Daily Bike Thread ]

Making sure the Cycle Ergo URL is fixed, also FZX riders where you're not sure if they're crossdressers or flatchested girls with manly jaws edition.

>Motorcycle Benchracing
>Motorcycle Xenophobia
>Motorcycle Hookups
>Motorcycle Pics & Very Boring Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice
>Kit Kat riding a toy for children
>Your bike a shit

Benchrace your buttocks:
>cycle-ergo.com

Benchrace your p-plate:
>a2bikes.com

Benchrace your helmets:
>crash.net

Noob? Git gud:
(Cross-thread)

Webms with sound:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sjZXaUwYoog
youtube.com/watch?v=8KcsV6Gzir0&t=645
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for motorcycles undivided

i actually failed the first MSF course i went to because i pulled a muscle before getting there

still made it to the riding test

it isnt but it means I know the risk, probably better than you, and I still think it's worth lighting up some while grilling after a day out riding in the summer
of course, if y'all gonna be bitches about that, I wont bring any
again, I just asked and I got my answer, no need to get your knickers in a bunch

That's just your opinion.

Meh marijuana is a pretty boring high imo. Would eat rather get drunk even if they were both legal.

This is what happens when kids from Veeky Forums meat. Keep up the good work guys

why not both

Marijuana sobers me more thananything when I'm drunk

lolwut
the combination of the two makes my brain sit in a comfy buzz of delirium and music generates automatically inside me
also, weed gives me munchies and dry mouth so drinking makes it all smoother
it's a nice symbiosys that works best when you have a hot grill in front of you and a bunch of friends to share the experience with, idk why just naming it got people so mad

got any nice pics of front-to-back cutaways?

You just broke all the links
No lefty druggos allowed at SEM

drobe pls

Alcohol hypes me up and weed mellows me out.

>idk why just naming it got people so mad
Probably because weed culture is annoying as fuck

why are there so few automatic bikes?

why are cuckcagers happy about automation and the bike industry takes forever to get their shit together?

>happy about automation

Rode out to Tampa tonight. Anyone know of any places in the area where I could get a good breakfast? Kind of want to check it Columbia Restaurant, but parking your bike in Ybor city is a good way to get that shit stolen.

Because automatic transmissions are shit in general, Americans like them so they can eat a burger and drive at the same time

>tfw no fz6 (NOT R) in my 200 mile radius

>can I?
>no
was it hard?
do you always need anal cream when someone asks a question?

But I'm American and my vehicles are manual

Because cars are a product of convenience and necessity, and bikes are a product of hobbiysm and recreation.

>inb4 someone posts photos of Vietnamese hauling wardrobes on scooters

Yes, to be honest.

>weed
>culture
no such thing
also, I didnt say anything about "weed culture", I just asked if I could bring some

Wasn't aware that removing the http would break links, I don't have the linking activated in my settings.

Moto GP on soon....
MM93 for another title after this race.

my question wasn't meant as bait for you brainlets
please first try automatic before you spout memes about it
really the same in every thread on Veeky Forums
faggots who never sat in an automatic car mock it

I'm european btw

i drove automatic
it was shit
i drove scooters
it was shit

i want to control when i want to shift, not some computer.

>Rew. ThatBike

hot opinion

So far only Honda, kawasaki and Aprilia have tried it
Honda has their DCT and hondamatic (2spd)
Kawasaki had a dsg
Aprilia has their CVT
They all failed for offering no benefits and way too many drawbacks

I can actually expand on this if you're interested instead of just baiting

what are the drawbacks?

u mad bro

if that lets you sleep at night

simple
most people who drive cars do so for convenience and necessity, motorcycles however are for fun (along with most bike owners own cars) .

and yes there are exceptions, thats why scooters exist.

what are the drawbacks of you learning how to shift your own fucking gears?

lol @17465410 is so mad

nice drawback

always fun trying to discuss a simple topic on Veeky Forums

nice deflection

But being in the wrong rev range at the wrong time can actually cause you to have the wrong amount of power in a turn.

Automatics are shit at knowing when to shift. If your bike decides to upshift while you're accelerating while in a turn, and you lose the ability to maintain downward force on your rear tire, you could crash easily.

"Muh power control" isnt a meme for bikes, or cars even. But for cars it isnt life threatening

Instead of shitposting, can I know if yesterday after I posted my email I've been added to the SEM group?

Because no one contacted me yet.

you call my post deflection
yet you posted this piece of shit
nice talking to you

btt
automatic does not mean that you can't shift anymore btw
shift down in/before a turn, it will only shift up again after you rev up again, not sooner, that's how automatic works
automatic is probably way better than you at shifting
the scenario you posted there will never happen

It can't see what's coming up ahead and shift accordingly

but you can
like I said, for special cases you can still shift yourself, you just do it with the press of a button instead of a lever and the clutch
and you don't have to worry about suffocating your bike when you have to make a hard stop

New to motorcycles.

I still don't quite understand how to effectively change gears.

When I change to a higher gear it always makes this "bump" breaking thing.

Do I have to slowly release the clutch while throttling? Or do I just stop throttling and change gear while releasing the clutch?

Fuck, someone help me.

Automatic transmissions are less reliable, more complicated/expensive and in a motorcycle they offer no tangible benefit IMO.

Motorcycle trannies are bretty good as they are and bikes will aways get moving anyway, so the benefits of a DCT aren't as great as they'd be on a car.

Not only that but in a bike of all things it pays to be attentive to what the machinery is doing/about to do.

So fuck that crap.

You should always be VERY SLOWLY releasing the clutch. On some bikes take a good 5 seconds to do it.

For starters
DCT is entirely computer dependant, if any of the speed sensors is faulty or reads anomalies it'll throw a transmission code and shut off
You can't change gearing, wheel size or even tyre aspect or the ECU will throw a fit

DSG is just a normal transmission actuated by solenoids, it won't shift any smoother than a careful rider, but it will gladly eat through clutches like bisquits

CVT is your standard scooter transmission
I love the simple ones because they're entirely mechanically actuated and can be tuned easily and for cheap
They are completely unable to take any torque and offer virtually no engine braking

Standard motorcycle transmissions are dog gear sequentials, you already have only 2 options: shift up and down

The lag automatics introduce and their inability of correctly judging a situation means they'll always be inferior from a performance and safety standpoint
This is why they are exclusively used in commuters

Look no further than what happened to Guy when his transmission unexpectedly disengaged mid-corner and you'll understand why

Come on now, lets all do meth like true bikers.

What's the difference between that and your foot? You don't need the clutch to shift once you're moving

>8:1 post to image ratio
>only one motorcycle and two halves of a motorcycle posted so far
Sure is lots of hot headed arguing and not a lot of bikes in here.

Anybody have a stream to the race?

Ill suck sick for it

Not only that, the Mana comes standard with a foot shifter and you can get it as an option on the hondas

Have a festive baiku

got my bike stolen exactly a week ago, but it's been found. someone called the police on it when it was standing on a parking lot for a while. apparently the culprits couldn't open the tank so it ran out of gas after they managed to reach the next city. instead of red-black it's matte-black so I'll see how that looks, I should have it back by tomorrow.

it's a '91 kat so i'm fucking hyped, i'd expected it to be in eastern europe or a river, left to rot somewhere so this is a positive twist.

1000 hours in ms paint

>longitudinal inline-2
Would ride.

BMW did it with a 3pot
More likely it's a boxer

Absolutely ho ho ho.

04b38c71065be18d799edf8c37d63e738030b84d

pls r8

Ma baiku takes this skinny rendition as a compliment

If I'm replacing my shit bulbs with better ones, how do I know how much to adjust them since its sunny here?

Should I just leave the cockpit trim off and adjust the beams tonight when it's dark?

went from memory

Why is the aprilia doing so well this year? Last year it was pretty much consistently bottom 5 but this year esparago is really doing well with it.

maybe they got their shit sorted out and could throw more money at it

Looks fast, I wouldn't trust a beginner rider with it.

This was an interesting read, thank you. I have had the possibilty to test two scooters this weekend and it was quite comf, but the throttle was squishy, starting to move was weird and either slow and smooth or unpredictable.

I don't think I would feel safe riding a fast motorcycle that I couldn't manually shift. If auto was an option, I might use it but if I couldn't go back to safely controlling the thing I'd be worried.

Do you have a link to the
>what happened to Guy when his transmission unexpectedly disengaged mid-corner

as far as i could gather they are actually really small and didn't have a proper budget, so they were just running basically RSV4s with minimum modifications

youtube.com/watch?v=sjZXaUwYoog

youtube.com/watch?v=8KcsV6Gzir0&t=645

Please don't spoil the race result, niggers.

Unless Pedrosa wins, because even if you post screenshots of the podium I still wouldn't believe it anyway.

doing better than lorenzo with a massive budget

aprilia may be poor, but they have a shitton of wins and experience in general under their belt
petrucci - crutchlow - EsA

youtube.com/watch?v=xYdRIJez2jc

Oh boy.

Where are you watching MotoGP, bruh?

also, ktm basically built the same bike only with the gynormous budget only redbull can shell out and it's doing worse

I don't know this feel

Marquez really is a great rider but I just don't like him at all

This
Cal = Petrucci > Dani > JLo > Marc >>>>>> Rossi

will people make fun of me if I get an adventure bike but don't go off road with it?

Simply get it dirty once and then never wash it.

>JLo
irrelevant now

clutch in and off the throttle at the same time
flick the gear lever up with your left foot
let out the clutch and roll on the throttle smoothly

But he's likeable.
I forgot to mention Dovi, he's Dani tier.

z650 vs fz07 and why?

>will people make fun of me for using a bike like most

Their sales have increased like 100% in the past few years, they can probably afford to put more money into it. Plus the riders are better, Lowes just has a riding style that doesn't suit the larger bikes of MotoGP

can I get the email for the /SEM/?

Sv 650

Muh v twin

No, you underaged junk.

what

Buy an NC750X or CRF1000L.

>5 seconds
That is a lot.

6/10
something is missing
7/10

what the fuck are you saying, give me the email

thepiratebay.org, user.

>using a honeypot

Its probably one of the worst torrenting websites out there today. Try zooqle or something.

Just get one of those not-sure-if-adventure-or-tourer-or-standard-or-sport bikes like the Crossrunner or Tracer. The crossover of the bike world.

>Implying my huehuehue government gives a fuck about internet piracy.

I'll check it out.

>Z125
>not available in my country
I'm a bit jelly but your pic doesn't really do it justice

Acquire kymco k pipe.

One of the calipers wouldn't bleed, and I could see caramel-colored gunk inside the splitter (the little metal fixture that sends one line left and one line right.). So I figured I should take the lines off.