Veeky Forumss opinion on the Aston Martin Cygnet?

Veeky Forumss opinion on the Aston Martin Cygnet?

I fucking want one desu

It's an amazing machine.

I drove the Scion iQ version, it was pretty good. I can't imagine this would be anything but better, having a real interior instead the cheapest shitbox interior.

Just have to make sure it doesn't have the fedora spoiler.

I always had the sneaking suspicion that the Aston Martin Cygnet was basically just a middle finger to the customers and the emissions laws to say
"You know, if you keep regulating fuel emissions this is what all supercar manufacturers will make in 15 years time."
But that's just something I came up with while I was bored one day

Fiat 500/10

I pre-ordered the Aston Martin Valkyrie for 4 million $ just so I could have one desu

It, well, kind of is. Since they introduced fleet average emissions regulations, Aston Martin decided fuck it, let's just buy the most economical shitbox we can, change EVERYTHING except the car's most basic aspect, and see our average emissions figure drop.

people want an awesome shitbox
not a cheap luxury car

Retarded car, smart Aston emissions tactic.

>Aston makes a city car for owners who don't want to take their big Aston into the city.
>sandniggers be like

Aston actually made that car so they wouldn't have to pay penalties for their low fleet fuel economy. But the pile of shit was so unsuccessful that they dumped it and went with the penalties instead.

I don't see the logic in penalizing a sports car manufacturer for fuel economy. Their very nature makes them relatively rare, so their impact on the environment isn't significant at all when compared to even a single model of generic shitbox.

Car was too expensive. It's a competitor for the Smart. Their own Aygo was sold way more in the EU.

theres part of the reason lotus is malaysian, jag is indian, and the rest of their brands are dead or owned by chinamen.

kek

I am impressed that they managed to market a Toyota econobox at Aston Martin prices by simply changing the front bumper and adding leather seats.

You would have to be a massive idiot to buy it.

would it be easier to just buy the iq or whatever it is and change the bumper and whatever

godmachine

My respect for Aston Martins just went down a few notches. Not that I'm rich or anything.

It's literally just a Toyota iQ with nice wheels and seats that Aston Martin were forced to make just to get around dumb EU laws

not even Aston Martin want it

You've never purchased spare parts, have you?

This

Although when I heard they were making it I figured it was an IRL joke merely to pass qualifications and stick it to the govt

Sad part is these shit cars will probably be worth a mint in 15 years

the EU doesn't have time to apply logic when its churning out regulations

Shitboxes with awesome, classy interiors need to be a thing.

Aston Martin won't try and convince you it's an Aston though

they were reasonable for my jeep

Well no shit.

>that lone Maserati

wannabe, totem bottom or successful free loader?

So, it's a less tall slightly wider version of the smart car?

>opinion on the Aston Martin Cygnet?
Aston Martin was trying to game the EPA and EU emissions rules requirements.

they devalued the grill when they decided to put it on the fords

It's unironically the most reliable Aston Martin in history.