Verizon HUM/Car tracker

Hey Veeky Forums my strict dad thinks I'm a trouble maker when I'm not and thinks it's justified to put the Verizon HUM / car tracker on my vehicle, is there any way I can talk him out of it ? I even showed videos of how it can actually ruin the car and why it's bad, he also uses the "muh living under muh roof" excuse

If he's paying for the car and the gas, it's his car and he can do with it as he pleases. Ride the bus or raise the money to buy your own car. If he insists on doing it to your car, then he's being a dick.

Yeah he's going to be doing it on my car

Who's paying for the gas and insurance? Is the title in your name?

So tell him to fuck off. If its your car it doesnt matter what he wants to stick in it, it aint his to control.

For the gas it's going to be me, and the insurance is my mother
That's going to escalate into even more issues and arguments, I tried debating him in a civil way and it made things worse, I have good grades in school, I haven't snucked out of the house, and I tell my parents where I'm going before I do anything else

Who holds the title to the car?

The current registration of the vehicle is my mother and she is entirely against the car tracker, she technically doesn't use it anymore and has her own car, she gave it to me until I can buy a different car, I'm saving up for a classic Jeep Wrangler, or a classic car

I have this and it's a waste of money

I got it from a promotional thing when i renewed my contract a while ago and they just recently started doing tracking and "safety scores". The shitty thing (maybe to your advantage) is that the phone app uses the phone to record "trips" even if the user of the phone isn't driving so it could totally muddy up the results.

The only thing that you'll probably get from the obs thing is top speed and location.

I've also had issues with the app where i need to constantly need to log into it again or it won't give me alerts or anything until i do. (and you would need to do it constantly)

Hum is worthless, I wouldn't be concerned

Is he actually your father or another dude your mother has married? In any case, she owns the car, she should have final say, IMHO. Those who pay the fiddler, call the tune.

I must say though, your story keeps changing OP. First you say "Oh it's my car", then come to find out, you're only paying for gas, insurance is covered by someone else, then come to find out, of the title isn't in your name either, it's one of your parents'

I don't know if I trust your faggoty little ass any more than this so-called father of yours does either. But I wouldn't put a tracking device on your car, I'd just make your responsible for what happened to the car and give you a taste of the real world.

>Yeah he's going to be doing it on my car
boohoo, if you don't life it then move out.

Alright thanks man
Yeah he's my biological father
I don't think anyone wants to be stalked like the CIA on their car

So its not actually your car, you're not paying for the insurance and you're pretty much just a huge faggot?

Stop being a whiny little pissbaby and get a job so you can buy your own car instead of coming here and shitting up the board with your bullshittery.

Yeah while your dad is an asshole for doing this, he is still your guardian until you become self sufficient. Thus, you just have to deal with this.

But its ammo for why you can ignore him later in his life when he has some horrible terminal illness.

>I even showed videos of how it can actually ruin the car
There's no way adding that thing on the OBD2 socket ruins the car. Otherwise, you might as well hype up that explosions are disastrous to your car and should be stopped. Under the hood, there is a metal thing where powerful explosions occur ever second. Those must be stopped lest they destroy the car! When you hype up the OBD2 as ruining the car, you might as well also target the explosions under your hood for elimination.

Stop being the typical pissy lying teenager. These chronic liars suck and give teens a bad rep in general.

Now, if your car is by GM, then it should have OnStar. There is no need to buy the verizon device and pay verizon the cellular fee each month. OnStar is cheaper and has other benefits such as emergency services and anti-theft monitoring. With OnStar, you or your parents can download the app. It will display data on where you've been (map), speed, hooning, how long you stayed at each location, etc. My new GM car even has "Teen Driver Mode" built-in and the parent can put in the password to access the control features such as setting a max speed limit you can go, max radio volume, etc. It can also display the data on my car's touchscreen such as weaving in the lane, if you do NOT use turn signals for turns on GPS mapped roadways, panic stops, hard accelerations, and lots more. The GM onstar website has more info, so check to see if it will save your parent's money to use onstar instead if you have a GM car.

From what I understand you're too scared to stand up for yourself, so I recommend getting a GPS spoofer

In all honesty OP I don't give a fuck if your a good kid or not that's irrelevant I want to know what prompted your father to put that shit into your car in the first place I don't just believe that hes strict as your mother "supposedly" disagrees with the tracker if that were the case if it really mattered she could just talk him out of it "her" way if you catch my controlled skid on a curve
Anyways I believe your a good kid but fucked up somewhere along the line and either your mom doesn't know about it and dad does or she does and doesn't care

TL:DR I don't believe a word of your story fuck off and get a job to get your own car

Let him put it on. Then on your first trip out throw it in a lake.

Then OP will no longer be allowed to use the car.

Why can't you slip a small baggie over the OBD2 transmitter and then wrap aluminum foil over the baggie to cover up the transmitter? It can't transmit the info thru the foil. BUT since you didn't take the OBD2 transmitter off, it never sends a signal saying it was removed and replaced. Just remember to take off the baggie and foil just before you get home. Like one block away.

>I don't think anyone wants to be stalked like the CIA on their car
He's your parent and they gave you the car, so tough shit. Suck it up and deal with it or get a job and move out.

>like his dad wouldn't notice there is no data and it works fine when he drives it
Little teenage shit isn't going to get away with that.

If you don't like being a little teenage shit then move out and do whatever the fuck you want.

>be me, 15, 16 years ago
>dad buys an old shitty looking 79 corvette C3 for 4k. Paint all shitty, engine doesn't run, suspension parts missing, electrical systems bad. Interior and leather descent.
>we start fixing it up, he tells me I might get to drive it sometimes when I get my license.
>we sand it to fiberglass, primer and paint it. New suspension, new wiring harness, new crate 350, edlebrock intake, 850 carb, headers, new gas tank, new distributer, new accesory components, pumps ect.l, trans was fine after a flush. Took all year to finish.
I get my license and expect a Sunday drive with dad here and there. But probably gonna get a shit beater with my summer work money when I get 3-4k saved.
>Come home from DMV with my license a day after my birthday and my dad hands me the keys. "Here you go. You built it, you earned it. You wreck it, you are on your own. You get a ticket or get arrested you are on your own. You get a flat, run out of gas, or need a tow, you can call me the first time. After that... You get the idea."
>I went for a drive and thought, this is it. Its on me now. They trust me. And I never had one accident, never got a single ticket, never even ran out of gas. I did break down a few times because my dad had not built an engine in 20 years but we got everything sorted out.

Moral of the story. Your parents dont trust you because you lack the basic qualities of a trustworthy man. You are still a boy and they know it. If they are not ready to hand you the keys and let you out into the world alone, its because they know you are not ready. Use this time to mature and realize they don't want you throwing away your future by being a dumb boy.

Also, OP. Dont be mad at them because they don't trust you. Be mad that they dis not provide you with the essential moral education that would allow you to develop and demonstrate the necessary virtues of a trust worthy man by now. They failed you I'm thier most important duty.