imgur.com/a/J9AVX
racedepartment.com/downloads/categories/my-summer-car.88/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I just started, trying to get the hang of it

Ute satsuma is best satsuma

not mine

Does the game happen in Ancapistan? Holy shit those roads
kek

don't you just love it when fleetari "forgets" to tighten down a few bolts that he shouldn't have ever touched to begin with

modlist pls

stopped playing this game after it became too mainstream

i wasn't thinking the other day and went afk in the sauna and died. i had just finished my car and i was so angery

Eastern Finland

Best reason to play this kameh is - "You can feel hot without being good looking."

it's on steam sale, should I get it?

Yes

how is it on KB+M?

is there clutch activation and gear shifting?
can I do drifts?
is the driving at all good?
can I build a v8 and jam it in something tiny?
can I drink IPA's or is it all some finnish schlitz shit?
can I take it off any sweet jumps?

I have no regrets.

imgur.com/a/J9AVX

bad

yes
yes
it's okay, of course, it's best with a wheel
not yet
it's cheap finnish beer, tastes really bad, kinda ruins the game for me
of course

>how is it on KB+M?
It's very playable imo

>is there clutch activation and gear shifting?
Yes
>can I do drifts?
With that sick van you can!
>is the driving at all good?
Just like realism
>can I build a v8 and jam it in something tiny?
No, only repair shop man has V8 car
>can I drink IPA's or is it all some finnish schlitz shit?
Wtf is IPA? You can drink peer, booze and moonshine ( and water and milk)
>can I take it off any sweet jumps?
If you are fast enough :^)

>Wtf is IPA?
India Pale Ale. Shit-tier beer for shit-tier hipsters who think it's only "real beer" if it tastes like used coffee grounds and asparagus piss. Often consumed while reading books on manliness.
To give you an idea, about 70% of craft beers in Washington and Oregon are IPAs. Finding a good porter here is nigh-impossible.

I see you missed the "I am coward" achievement,
cracked me up on my second time starting out. Just skip the birthing sequence.

>he doesn't sip session ales while fine tuning a big block in the summer

stop hanging out on a college campus.

I've never even been to a proper college campus.
I prefer drinking dark beer while tuning old Japanese engines at 2 in the morning.
Seriously, though, go to any bar or liquor store in Washington and look at the beer section. IPAs outweigh every other beer 10-1. There are some bars that don't even have fucking Guinness but they'll have 17 IPAs on tap.

>drinking Guinness casually in the summer
okay bud.

I'll choke down a porter at a work christmas party, but that's about it for me. I'll stick to my light session IPA's all summer long.

>install game
>start in house
>have to rebind everything because the default controls are retarded
>don't know what to do after that

How do I get good, I starved twice already

I'd bind the 'eat' key to something.

>only 20% discount, $11.99
This sounds gigapoorfag but my inner jew is telling me I could buy something at harbor freight or some gas instead

>IPA is hipster
>I want a porter
LOL

>toaster will run assetto Corsa at around 60fps with some AA and over shit
>My summer car at lowest possible settings gets 23fps, and constant drops, and looks like shit
>None of the cars have any FFB so it's impossible to even drive in a straight line

Whelp.

Just pirate it

>he doesn't know that it's always a good time for a Guinness™

I like my coffee black, and my beer light. Put 'em together, and you've got my perfect woman too.

I can smoke the fuck out of that in my 1974 Satsuma with a couple of simple mods

- 10 point roll cage
- discontinued front spoiler
- full drag wing
- Fuel tank with 1 line from tank to motor
- oem headgasket
- aluminium RPM radiator with slim fans
- rear seat delete
- wideband w/ gauge
- 15 inch drag rims
- Sutasiko drag tires
- ProState bucket seats with harness
- custom cluster
- fwidebody fender kit
- vented fiber glass hood
- ProState 3-spoke racing wheel

im making 98 horsepower to the FRONT WHEELS because thats the only place the power should ever be

This game looks fun but really autistic.

That's why it's fun.

I want to play it but my PC doesn't like it because integrated graphics. I really need to upgrade.

The motherfucker in the yellow car ran me over while I was waiting on the store to open.

Can't catch a break.

Looks like they added some good stuff, I'll have to give it another go

I know, I was memeing because of how bad the roads are. Seriously, single lane roads that are almost as narrow as the vehicles are wide, specially with the atrocious handling?

>hit a tree at 15mph
>permadead, new game
>random guy decides to run you over
>permadead, new game
>roll van over half way to the city
>might as well be permadead, new game
>drop pipe in septic tank, panic, attempt to recover
>permadead, new game

It's fun for a few hours but you've got to do a ton of driving. The issue there is that driving anywhere takes forever and isn't all that fun due to the poor handling. It gets extremely repetitive having to repeat these same slow tasks over and over again every time you die for some retarded reason.

Have you played since the last update? The dirt roads were overhauled, making them wider, flatter, and many times easier to drive on.

wait what

seems like a lot happened since i last played it

is it doable without mods?

Playing on the 5/26 update.

wew lads, turns out the roads aren't that bad if you drive the tractor which is narrow enough for them
it's as if they designed the roads for it
which one? I have the 6/20
sounds like me playing until I found out if you press alt-f4 before the newspaper shows up you can load your last save
also the driving part is like a worse and more tedious version of Spintires, and the interacting with objects part sucks because of how precise arbitrary points you need to click to assemble something. Putting the rear shocks took several minutes for me, and that's without counting the screwing part.

The controls are meant to be annoying, just like every aspect of the game, hold the sausages and press the eat key to eat them.
same with beer, milk ect

You can set it so it's not permedeath, I did that after building the same car 5 times, makes the game 1000x more enjoyable.

Stock car, barely works but is finally finished.
Would recommend not playing with permadeath, as falling into a sewage well shouldn't imminently kill you.

Started over heating after a lititle over 200 miles on the original build so I ripped everything apart and took it to fleetari.

Fast foward to the other day when I was running from the cops it over heated. Barely had 40 miles on the "new" parts
>On peer run and store is closing soon so I can't be bothered with stopping
>Fly by the speed trap without stopping
>Cops follow
>Just pass the race track exit
>Starting to top out
>Steam comes off the radiator and the needle pegs red
>Slow down and pull over
>10 seconds later the ass clown cops rear end me at full speed
>Car rolls twice sending it on to the grass
>Get out and inspect the damage
>Satsuma is on its roof with no straight parts
>Drink peer left and piss on the cop car
Racing harnesses saved me 10/10 would order again

>try the rally challenge
>try my best at being as fast as possible while also making sure to not die from some collision bug
>I'm always 1 minute too late
Goddamit I have all the upgrades and rally tires and I still suck, why it is so hard, it's not my fault that the roads are so small and having one tire slip on the outside means your car will lose control.

Guinness is light beer.

around the third playthrough I had no problems putting the car together. it was quite frustrating when i first got the game though.
I don't know how I did it but I won the rally on my first try, only by 2 seconds though. I guess I had just driven on that road so many times that I knew how fast I could go on it

172 was best version of the game.

I fixed my issue.

>I can smoke the fuck out of that in my 1974 Satsuma with a couple of simple mods
>- 10 point roll cage
>- discontinued front spoiler
>- full drag wing
>- Fuel tank with 1 line from tank to motor
>- oem headgasket
>- aluminium RPM radiator with slim fans
>- rear seat delete
>- wideband w/ gauge
>- 15 inch drag rims
>- Sutasiko drag tires
>- ProState bucket seats with harness
>- custom cluster
>- fwidebody fender kit
>- vented fiber glass hood
>- ProState 3-spoke racing wheel
>im making 98 horsepower to the FRONT WHEELS because thats the only place the power should ever be

The dev is really good at making a car game but he has a weakness for modelling the human body.

Is there a towing company?

Nope. The stance is a mod, SatsumaTuner iirc, adds a menu in-game to tweak suspension settings, drivetrain (RWD Satsuma is a ton of fun), power, etc...

bretty gud overall

>10 point roll cage

No parachute?

faggot

It's a finnish game

>a few simple mods
this is what I come here for

this
although...
>not calling your character Spurdo Spärde

Lol what the fuck I get 300 fps consistently on this game.
I think somethings wrong with your drivers, m8.

Forget about it if you are not using a steering wheel.

Same with pedals and the 15 sec dragstrip. You need one to get a good launch.

Tried to play it, but I always wind up fist bumping at the sun to the tune of galo sengen and pissing everywhere.

I won it with a controller, a wheel is definitely not needed, but does help a lot.

I tried normally driving around there with rally wheels on a keyboard. No dice. KB+M its fine for building or the rusting fast but any competitive driving requires precision.

Fairly realistic for mechanics

I just bought this game this morning and tried to play it for a few minutes before work..

It was pretty neat, but I went to the garage, and was trying to pick up and move the engine block, but it wouldn't interact with the object?

How do I get started putting my beast together?

PS when can I v8 swap?

>tfw moved to a new house
>went trough the basement
>find shitty USB wheel and pedals that was left behind
>plug it in
>still works
>why not try it with msc
>its really fun as fuck now that I can go fast and be still in control

This thread inspired me to jump back on and see where i was last time i was on

I had a poorly tuned but fully built satsuma all in black, took it to fletari, drove home, got a call, drove to get my satsuma... then totalled it on the train

my car isn't special but i had this skin left in the game from months ago

halp

>PS when can I v8 swap?
It's a tiny front wheel drive Datsun. You aren't going to put a v8 in it.

there's no other cars?

>play for 5 hours
>good experience high fps
>quit playing
>come back
>fps is

About to lower the engine into my most successful build yet

Yeah but no extra build-able car. There has been talks about having another choice for a car, but knowing topless gun (the dev, he also marketed the game in this board before it released) he's just gonna add a car so shit that you just cant pick between which car would be less shit.

Probably a small 4 banger SOHC pickup or something alike.

>How do I get started putting my beast together?
Assemble the engine on the floor using a guide. Then after you have the exhaust head installed use the engine mount on the side of the garage.

mods my friend

racedepartment.com/downloads/categories/my-summer-car.88/
i have modloader (need it for every mod) MStuner grabanything cheatbox and some mod that tells the wear of parts and fixes them

LADS. I started the car up for the very first time. There was some popping noise upon ignition and after several attempts the ignition eventually stops working at all (No revving, no ignition light upon turning). How fucked am I? Apparently I'm supposed the adjust the carburetor or something.

save game, exit, return, battery is loaded up. Buy the AFR gauge from the mail and try it yourself.

I've reset the valve train and adjusted them accordingly to get rid of the ticking noise during start-up. Finally got rid of the popping after playing about with the fuel/air screw in increments of 10 and 5. All is well in Finland.

can anyone help me? i just built a car, engine runs good but it wont move when i put it into gear.

Clutch liquid. Make sure all the lugs with the clutch line are thightened.

Also make sure the gearstick linkage 3 bolts are thight.

I've seen someone be able to put the car in gear and rev it but the car wouldn't move. The front wheel axles bolts that keep the brakes in were not fully thight.

Use satsuma report if unsure.

If you don't get the body fixed, you'll fail inspection

Pretty much this.

Definitely go over the clutch system for leaks, last thing you need is for all your clutch fluid to leak out and for you to end up stranded somewhere.

PASSED INSPECTION LADS!
Now I can't start the car to drive out the garage for some reason. The starter motor sounds more sluggish than it normally would/

Must be the battery. Go to the store, save and reload and check again.

I have reloaded several times to no avail. I have even checked the alternator to see if anything's moved out of place. Still no result. The lights work fine if that's any indication. It's strange because it was perfectly fine when I drove to the garage besides from some minor wheel misalignment.

Are the spark plugs thightened? Do you have full fuel and oil?

I have checked the spark plugs with the tool and didn't need to adjust anything. Made sure my fuel was over half-way and oil was completely full before driving for the inspection. The started motor only goes through one revolution before stopping when I hold down the ignition. Everything was fine up until I passed the inspection.

If you die in the game, you die in real life

Okay, so I used forbidden Finnish car magic to see what the problem was. Turns out that somehow the starter got damaged.

Odd. I didn't even knew the starter could get damaged.