So tell me how bad is your car right now

So tell me how bad is your car right now
Mine has 2 misfiring cylinders, broken ac, back left tire deflated (got it filled), broken radio, broken off left wiper blade, and the front tires are so worn down you can see the gum strips
Oh and pic related isnt exactly my car, although the car is a suburban 1999; Its just 11 at night and i dont want to take a picture of my car

It needs some new rear rotors and a new bank 1 valve cover.

I ordered the new valve cover today, so my oil burning mystery will finally be dealt with.

So, not too bad.

also when i am stopped when it is on, i can feel it and hear it in a weird motor pattern
but no matter what, i love that car
i have been in it since i was a boy and i wont let it go

Just got this beast for a steal of a deal. About $4k under market value, only has 59k miles and they're pretty rare. But it needs some work, shifter needs new bushings, will need a clutch soon, tires are worn unevenly - probably needs an alignment, and will need new rear tires in 5k-10k miles. Also need to change the trans fluid at 60k which isn't a big deal but a lot of to-do stuff on my list for having just bought it. I think it will be worth it once I get all the maintenance up to date though.

Bought a 2k car that's been sitting outside in cali sun for 4 years, needs a repaint, clearly abused never maintained, shoddy electrical work/riced out to fuck
So i need to replace all the fluids, re-grease everything, replace the typical riced and neglected parts, fix the height so it stops scraping the ground, new tires/wheels and fix whatever I come across... and paperwork since it has 2013 tags etc etc
Hoping it will be worth it like

1988 Corolla AE82
>Misfiring piston
>Terrible idle
>Right CV Joint starting to click loudly
>Car overheats because radiator has a leak somewhere
>Front tyres are badly balded
>Shuts off in the cold
>Car likes to idly differently depending on what gear you put it in.

Lets just say it's going in the bin next month, thankfully.

Clutch judder
Driveline slop
Front left shock blown (Koni sports on the way) both rears weeping
Curious drivetrain harmonics at 3~ 6~ and 6.8~krpm
Main thermo fan sounds like a kindergartner on uncut crack going absolutely balls deep on a recorder when it cuts in.

It's got some problems but the only ones I feel need to be mentioned are

>no windows roll down
>ac barely works

And keep in mind this is the south in the summer which makes this a major problem

>implying things can go wrong with an FJ

Pic related, but not mine

No AC
Windows don't go up
Mouse living in heater box
Crunches into every gear
Front gearbox seal leaking
Really bad alignment so my front tyres wear out abnormally fast and steering all over the road
Rear Shocks noisy going around corners

The whole vehicle was wrong when it left the factory

>said the JK owner as his SFA tried to murder him yet again

I don't own a jeep, but you own a vehicle that sacrifices usefulness for hideous retro styling.

>sacrifices usefulness

Arguably the most practical vehicle of the last decade you dolt. Enjoy your Buick Century you autistic faggot.

>small interior
>stupid shape
Literally any other vehicle is more practical than that thing. Sorry dude, your vehicle is stupid.

not my vehicle, but FJs have lots of room inside.

you're an idiot and probably drive some shitbox EG.

>rear brake line leaks
>needs a new drive shaft
>rear door interior panel isn't really attached
>rubber door seals need to be re glued
>AC needs to be recharged
>something's wrong with the ABS and the front will lock up under braking below 10kmh, however blowing out the brake line seams to have fixed this
>really bad axle hop from shit tier replacement rear shocks previous owner installed
>frame is starting to rust under the bed and other parts need new undercoating
>there's probably an exhaust leak

>frame is starting to rust under the bed and other parts need new undercoating
I have a s10 too and sorry to announce you that it is already rotten through.

Nope, dad had an fj and it was much too small for a 5 person family, even when we were smaller. Literally no reason to get the fj over a 4Runner other than the stupid styling.

If we're just here to nitpick everything..

>AC compressor is shot
>Interior head lamp needs new assembly
>headliner starting to sag in a few places near the back
>side cloth interior by rear window starting to get loose
>wiper control on turn signal snapped off, still attachable and works, but will fall off if not held in place
(i usually just leave it in my center console, and grab it to toggle the wipers on if it's raining, then throw it back in the center console)
>by proxy, cruise control also does not work
>hydraulic hood arms don't hold

that's it, not bad for an 84. Not worried about the AC until I do my engine swap.

>dad buys an FJ when he has a wife and 3 kids

Your dad is a fucking idiot, that's the issue here.

By your standards, the Mustang is a terrible car because it doesn't seat 5 people and has limited interior space.

What a fucking dumb dumb. It must be hereditary.

>Literally no reason to get the fj over a 4Runner other than the stupid styling.

...or if you want to use it offroad.
...or if you want something that can be washed out easily and doesn't have carpeting throughout.
...or if you want something quicker with a shorter length and wheelbase.
...or you prefer suicide doors over 4 full doors.
...or you prefer having an externally mounted spare (again, helpful for offroading).
...or you want something that has a dedicated transfer case.
...or you want something with a manual transmission.

There are a million reasons to buy an FJ over a 4Runner. Ask anyone who owns and drives one, and they'll tell you why they bought it. Maybe when you stop being 12 years old you'll understand.

Was working on installing a methanol injection kit on my car and i noticed the trans cooler. Guessing that the previous owner didnt report hitting something to his insurance company.
Got a new trans cooler on order.

forgot pic

It's missing a fucking bumper and grill. Cops look at me like I'm a piece of shit and every mexican within a 50 mile radius has offered to have their cousins shop fix it for me cheap ay

Look at this busbitch baby. Look at him and laugh.

Did you see a CarFax/Autocheck report? These things have a veeeeery high number of salvage titles

Awww, thats a nice van

>rear suspension is pretty worn from age, driving and recent offroading
Full 2" lift kit is coming soon
>exhaust has been pulled forwards a bit from the same offroading, will need to be straighened out so it can rest in all its hangers
>LED-bar placement is a bit "meh"
Considering putting it on the cab itself, about where the steering wheel is. This will make the bar not be the highest point/make the bar height be more flush with the height of the topper, and also remove the light that comes onto my side mirrors, which is somewhat annoying

she's not doing too good

How long did you drive it with a busted cooler?

The cooler wouldn't matter in a Taurus. The surrounding ice cold pussy would keep it at ambient temperature.

youve got a bit of a leak

Since January when I bought it.ive put 3000 miles on it

>360k
>leaks oil
>overheats occasionally
>clutch is getting thin
>doesnt have front turn signals
>second gear whines
>no ac
>needs oil change

fukin drives straight though

Needs a trans bearing(s), rust, clear coat fading, paint fading, fuel leak, burns oil and fuel gauge doesn't work
93 civic BTW

Yeah it was a 2 owner with a clean title (original owner didn't even have it for 1k miles too), there was minor damage reported on the left side of the rear bumper, I could tell the bumper was resprayed so it was probably just a scrap or something. Not too concerned because the front bumper has some scraps and rock chips so I'll probably respray that down the road too.

>AC works then stops
>Throwing a CEL because the front right catalytic converter is ready to be replaced.

The blower motor resistor gave up too but I already fixed that and am gonna replace the cat this month. Not too bad I'd say. The AC I haven't been able to figure out what's actually wrong so I might just take it somewhere for that.

Oh rear doors don't open from the outside, fuel door doesn't latch, and trunk cable and fuel door cable (obviously) don't work

Oh wow man

Volvo s40:
>right motor mount fucked
>lower transmission mount fucked
>headliner sagging
>timing belt due in 2k
>all control arms shot to shit

Still love my swedish shiny turdbox tho

>Fucked head gasket
>Possible clogged radiator
>4 cyl

Just fuck my shit up

94 S10 by the way

the wipers and washer fluid stopped working. It's not terribly concerning because there's no rain in the forecast for the week, but it's annoying because I have to take apart the whole fucking wiper assembly and replace the motor. who the fuck thought it was a good idea to remove the relatively easier to access Wiper Control Module, and just jam it's functionality into the motor? When the fucking thing is a pain to get to?

fedoramobile

- t. M'lady

t. busrider

>trans cooler on a car
Future shit box here

I'm currently using my mother's car, as I sold my old car and wasted all the money of it instead of saving, it's a good car but it has some issues:

-Engine is about to die, it won't blow bit it's not healthy either, I can already hear the diesel-like sounds when it's idling or if it's running on a cold morning, hopefully it's just a bad oil pump but I'm expecting the worse;
-AC needs refilling and a new filter;
-Driver's side door lock needs a replacement, only locks with the key and it won't unlock from outside even if the pin from the door goes up, I need to open the windows with the remote function to reach the inner door unlock;
-Tires wont last for another 10k kilometers;
-Annoying plastic noises coming from the doors finishings and upholstery;
-One of the speakers was making a annoying sound whenever the beat dropped, removed the Door pannels and it's was just a piece of the rubber finishing loose, super glued that shit and fixed it;

I've been duct tapping the holes in my dry rotted soft top since I bought it.

>all 4 shocks are poop
>clicking noise when I turn probably cv
>feels like sway bar is poo
>airbox broken stuck on windshield and feet
>exhaust rusting off
>5k driven with out a air filter
>trans feels like it's shifting hard.

>hopefully its just a bad oil pump

if its a bad oil pump you will have a very big paperweight soon. only thing worse than your engine welding itself together would be it shooting a piston through the block

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Edition

- Evap vent is plugged
- front tires bald
- intermittent transmission bucking under power.
- misfire hoping around even cylinders
- pinhole in exhaust.
- CD player and DVD player always say bad disc when tried to be used.
-fog lights got nig'd by the previous owner

I fucking drift sideways through ruts in loose sand and jump my truck a foot off the ground multiple times a week. The front end hitting the bump stops is normal to me. Fucker still drives straight at a 100mph. Only 55K miles though.

My front alignment is fucked because i raised the ride height when i put new coilovers in it to replace the broken ebay ones. I'd fix it, but it's got bad balljoints and probably bad tie rod ends, with possibly failing cv joints. The exhaust rusted out and is held in place with welding wire. The tires rub because the previous owner installed wheels with the wrong backspacing. The clutch chatters for unknown reasons, and i'm required to use premium fuel despite having all of 150 horsepower. Yay unneccesary ecu tuning.

There's a hole in the engine block. Currently searching for a new car.

Head gasket is gone and will go anyday.
All windows broken
No ac
Mold
Bumper hanging off
Scratches and dents all over
Cracked windshield
Had a flat tire, replaced the spare with buddys wheel from a vw, with a nice aftermarket rim while the others are stock
Its a 96 civic

I can't get out.
Thanks Ford.

>running on 5 cylinders*
>leaks oil from oil pressure switch*
>may be leaking oil from rear main seal*
>leaks coolant BAD from heater core
>brakes don't work, even after bleeding them and finding no leaks*
>ac doesn't blow cold
>drivers window doesn't go down
>massive hole in exhaust
>oil level sensor doesn't work
>sunroof crank fell off
>seats are cracked as hell
>rocker panels/pinch welds are all beat up from poor jacking
>clear coat has completely peeled off the roof and the trunk lid
I want to sell it.

*Items marked with an asterisk are currently being fixed by a shop that I got the engine that ended up having all these problems from, and they're also fixing the brakes

Literally all of those problems are extremely easy fixes except for the bodywork stuff. You are retarded and have never turned a wrench in your life.

2003 Acura TL s
Paint is peeled to shit, bad enough to get Rust spots on the hood.
Rims are stock from 2003, might as well be made of plastic from years of mistreatment
Dash and seats are cracked as shit from lack of care (previous owner, not me)
Handles well but difficult to shift because so many sodas have been spilled into the stick

Pic related, it's the correct model but not my actual car

Oh forgot
>One key is broken off in drivers door
>different key for locks and ignition
>Need to replace door panels (have replacements)
>PO put an aftermarket bleeder valve on the driver's front caliper and over tightened it so when I tried to open it it broke off, so I need a new caliper
>dash is very cracked
>HVAC panel is cracked

What's sad is the body is pretty clean and when it's running it drives great. Once I fix most of these small things I can probably sell it for like 5k.

>pic related, the spark plug that was causing it to run on 5 cylinders

Where did I say they weren't easy? The only reason I'm having the shop fix the engine stuff is because they're responsible for it. I said I'm going to fix the rest, they're all easy.

I don't even know. I know that it can get into reverse and 1st gear, but once I get up to about 10mph, the car just seems to give up, and the RPMs drop hard.

Dunno shit about cars, so I'm just guessing that it's something to do with the transmission.

Oh look, it's the guy who was complaining that his FJ cruiser was too small

Except a mustang isn't used for outdoor activities
and doesn't need to carry much stuff
>lol busrider xD
Sorry I hurt your feelings, but your car is still a less useful ugly 4runner.

Of the van I bought yesterday, just the driver's seat belt doesn't slide, its one of the old sliding seat belts and you can still buckle it, and something in the steering wheel is loose, and i think a speaker wire is loose. also missing the enclosure to one of the license plate illuminating lights. there's fading paint and a small rust spot on the body.

of my old mercedes: ac leak, mirrors are duct taped on, missing a whole bunch of various plastic interior parts, takes a few tries to start and grinds the gears (unknown cause), i have given up on it because parts are too expensive.

04 CRV

Suspension problem
Engine valve problem
Tires worn out
A/C not working

There's more, but can't remember

It's running weird because 25% of cylinders are misfiring
change your spark plugs idiot

FJ interiors are like H3 interiors.
The car is big, the interior is small. Disgusting.

Driveshaft rings like a bell sometimes, probably U joints.

mein truck has no firewall left so I've been slowly pushing the master cylinder into the engine bay and I have zero clutch left. I don't even use the pedal anymore i just revmatch. there's no power steering pump anymore, i just looped the line to keep the rack wet and crank on the wheel. the wheel has already been cranked to shit so that fucker flops all over the place and the ignition circuit only gets continuity in a small range of a few degrees within that floppiness, so steering the truck is like playing operation while navigating a man-o-war.

>astute truckfags among us will be able to identify mein truck

>cv axle is going right after I fixed the rear wheel bearing

I know that feel.

Ugh. The transmission worries me. Get the Evap vent fixed. If the misfires continue, change all ignition coils. Trust me, it's less painful to change them all, then chasing them. Save yourself a lot of money by ordering from Rockauto.

'95 MX-5, 227k miles

-My rear tires are fucked from tens of thousands of miles involving powerslides, donuts, and stoplight burnouts.
-One of my wheels is warped so there's a bumping noise from 15-30 mph.
-My air filter is dirty and I can't find a replacement that'll fit even using the K&N cone filter search tool.
-My shift boot has a large tear in it.

That's it - nothing bad at all. Here's what it looked like in 2009.

F150
Fixed:
>power locks
>front right wheel bearing hub
>left headlight mount
>stabilizer bar, both links were broken off
Needs:
>muffler
>fix the spare tire holder, the key for lowering the wheel broke off

Ranger
Fixed:
>stabilizer bar
>rear spring bushings
>front upper control arms
>rebuilt brake caliber
>front wheel bearings
>new radiator
>odd coolant hose fitting that could only be found at dealership
>replaced ignition parts, last mechanic put wrong parts on
Needs:
> a gasket replaced to cure a coolant leak

not to mention the visibility is camaro tier

Had to push this piece of shit a half mile home in 80 degree weather with pants and a long sleeve shirt on because it died on my way home from work. I want to die