Selling Limits and Dealer's Licensing - Your experience?

Commierado allows the sale of 3 vehicles per calendar year without a Dealer's license, going over results in heavy fines

An enterprising young man wishes to use some extra money wisely and start flipping cars, maybe even get to experience some shitboxes he wouldn't have access to ordinarily, and maybe even set a foundation for a pipe dream of a specialty vehicle business

No problem, I'll just pay the $519 for a license and be on my way, slowly working my way to the top with hard work and dedication

Not so fast goy, "The Board requires a net worth of at least $100,000"
I can't express how angry this makes me, it's a literal embodiment of the "keep the poor poor" corruption of our system, like what fucking reason is there to prevent me from selling more than 3 cars a year, what fucking difference does it make?

these don't affect me thankfully - but they will also refuse a license to anyone with a

Other urls found in this thread:

colorado.gov/pacific/enforcement/dealer-and-wholesaler-motor-vehicle-powersports-auto-industry-division
denver.craigslist.org/cto/6202348220.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

checking my deej's

and linking the CDOT page with licensing info

colorado.gov/pacific/enforcement/dealer-and-wholesaler-motor-vehicle-powersports-auto-industry-division

Car flipping is a shit way to make money. Get a real job faggot.

might as well share my plans since this is probably gonna die with 0 replies anyways

I currently drive a practically nonexistent jap shitbox in extremely good condition, I paid $1800 for it several months ago and expect to get at least $7000 at auction

I recently got a job I can bike to, so I can finally sell it

I lined up the purchase of another rare jap shitbox from some old folks I know, they will sell it to me for $3000 and I could get 10k for it easily, and every day I browse Craigslist and see cars that make me go "holy shit if I had the money to buy this, I could double my money easily"

With the way my education is going, I'd like to pursue my passion for automobiles, and with my knowledge of several languages I think I could really make my way into the import/export industry if I put work into it
There's so much cool shit that will become importable in the next several years, and I want a piece of it not only for profiteering reasons but to experience those cars as well

Land of the free...

nice 1 thanks dood, very constructive

I'm 18 and live alone and work full time as a CNC machinist, you can call me faggot all you want but I feel like making several thousand dollars per transaction if I play my cards right is not a bad prospect

Sell drugs instead. Equally illegal with higher profit margins.

Or float titles like a piece of shit.

Or, here, let's play a game. Link me something on your local craigslist that you think you can flip within a week for a $2000 profit. Let's laugh at you.

Yeah 2bh there's plenty of people

>here you go, I'm sure someone would pay $2065 for this
>denver.craigslist.org/cto/6202348220.html

Pretty sure he means $6500 bro

White women are truly disgusting.

OH SHIT BRO HOW STUPID OF ME THAMX!!

more like women over the age of 25/women not in peak physical shape are truly disgusting

just imagine what her vagina looks and smells like 14 years down the road

>Pop-up delete
>Convertible
>Disgusting slag showing off her crotch

That's why you delude yourself into love, and why sex starts to drop off after marriage. Once you're comfortable with someone and the novelty wears off, you realize they're just human. Take a look at your own body. If you were being blown right now, what kind of thoughts would be going through her head?

I used to see a literal /r9k/ piss bottle NEET. I thought she was beautiful, until one day I realized she smelled like shit.

Im in montana this may not apply to you.
We are allowed 18? A year before a dealers licesnse. I hit that limit when i was 15, they didnt give a shit. Got all my dealershit together. No weird rules like that here, but you are required to have insurance. My first year was 14 grand for fuckall coverage, i rearended a new silverado pulling a trailer with my 7.3 and had to cover all the cost myself. No fault cus i was on ice, insurance decided differently. Oh well.
But still. Montana is a best case scenario. Rebuild salvage vehicles, no yearly inspection, sell for 80% of retail and bhph on quite a few. I picked up a 95 lexus ls400 with hail damage for $213 including fees.. A 99 suburban i used to drag a car on a trailer home 300 miles for $75 including fees. Its literally the best case scenario
And you still lose money the first year. Not much, but enough. Theres a lot of expenses involved. Title fees are nasty. Ill monitor, feel free to ask questions, been doing this for ~18 months, hobby flipping for 8ish years.

I've always been curious as to what exactly rebuilding a car entails.

I'll admit the FC2000 conversion on a vert is fuckin stupid, but the actual amemiya cars are sick as fucc

and yeah pic for attention, her and the fc are disgusting

>what kind of thoughts would be going through her head

beep beep boop I'm a stupid fuckin roastie I love suckin dick

idk man attractive 18 year old girls with good hygiene are not really that gross imo, hopefully I can keep fucking them into my late 20's at which point I'll off myself

goon faggots

14 grand a year? holy shit

stupid question but insurance for what? Like specific "dealer" insurance?

But hell, even 18 cars a year is fucking plenty for some side income if you only go for scores, I'm definitely not looking to rebuild or repair, mostly just find mint condition 80's-90's shitboxes and sell them to old white dudes on bringatrailer for obscene amounts of money

Sounds stupid I know, but I'm not just pulling it out of my ass, there's plenty of "desirable" cars in great shape for sale all the time around here, especially in yuppie-ass areas like Boulder

three cars a year is bullshit though, I'd have no problem doing all the licensing crap but the required $100000 net worth is a fucking load of shit, I have no idea where they pulled that out of

How did you become a CNC Machinist so early? What did you do?

cardboard, duct tape, lots of paint

Yup, welcome to the economy and why it's in the shitter.

And they can't track you when you sell drugs, which is the really important part of the puzzle. Can't really go black market with cars, since they can track you when you go to transfer the title. I guess you could go ghetto and say the title's lost, but if you're going to go that route, you might as well just steal cars for a living and chop them up for parts. But you'll find that cartels and gangs control that and will want their own form of license from you, although their process will be less - bureaucratic.

But you'll find in general that most of what's left of the Murican "economy" is really just one legally sanctioned racket or ripoff after another, granted to some special interest after bribery.

Welcome to the 21st century.

I wonder if they require you to maintain that net worth figure or whether they only check at application and nowhere else. If they don't require auditing, if you got friends and family, you could try borrowing the money under the table, show them your "books" and then once you had the license, give the money all back to the people you borrowed it from.

I took all the shop calsses offered in high school and learned the basics of lathe work there, then just read a bunch of books and shit online about machining and CAD, etc, then went to an employer and said
"well I don't know exactly what the fuck I'm doing but I've had *this* experience and read *these* books, I'm not a complete retard and I don't expect to be paid much, will you hire me?"

So I've worked at a manufacturing/machine shop for the past few months, mostly just elementary shit like building jigs and running simple programs, i'm not like Master CNC 69-axis commander(TM) by any means, it's actually shitty-ass work and most everyone there is a salty old asshole so I'm moving to parts guy at a dealership, which pays way more surprisingly and there's tons of qts working there

previously worked as one of two techs in a tiny 2-bay shop so that helped with the "employment experience" part of finding a job

yeah fuk unfortunately don't have friends or family, maybe I'll just get a sugar daddy or something
So we've concluded that the US is a kike shithole which will punish you for trying to better your socioeconomic status in a legal and harmless way, how naive of me to consider it could be anything else

Things aren't completely locked down in Murica, but the cracks are harder to slip through these days.

Only acceptable type of stance.