QTDDTOTT

QTDDTOTT

Would it be faggy to put SHO rims on my 95 Taurus? Not trying to make it look alike, I just hate the stock ones

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13351730
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stock ones for reference

>driving an old taurus that isn't a sho
take it to the junkyard. buy literally anything else.

spbp

Literally fuck off, I got it for cheap and it's comfy. Clearly you haven't driven one if you think it's that bad.

Just buy the real thing instead? They're not that expensive.

As long as you can get a decent set of the without spending a lot of money, totally go for it. They're the best looking OEM wheel for that car. Nobody will give you a hard time about it being a non-SHO.

It's the same thing as putting M5 wheels on a stock E39 or putting GT wheels on a V6 Mustang. It's only faggy if you rebadge it to what it isn't.

>ITT: is domestic rice called bread?
this, they're not that rare either

faggots

You would have to find the right rims for it. Most rims imo look like shit anyway and almost every set I've had vibrated like shit.

where did the brit/o/ threads go?

would it be hard to swap an engine on my daily? should i just buy a beater to get around in while the swap is in progress?

Depends entirely on what your daily is and what you plan on swapping. Also depends on how good you actually are with a wrench and if you know how to swap out a motor in the first place.

>imagine being this asshurt and sentimental over an unreliable piece of shit

fordfags are sad

Bought some cheap alloy wheels to replace the rusted out steelies that were on my car. The previous owner plasti dipped them and I'm not sure if the color goes well with my car. They're plain aluminum underneath, what should I do?

What Veeky Forums can tell me about Infiniti G35/37?

Whatever you actually want to know about, so specify retard.

I won't!

Peel the plasti dip?

Should I though? Does it look like shit with the tan color?

Taste in color combinations if subjective motherfucker, If you don't like it then peel it and if you don't like the color combo afterwards then replasti dip the shit.

Quick life lesson: Grow a fucking backbone and make your own decisions, live with them, be a man.

At least tell me it doesn't have that trash fucking iron block v6 3L

Alright then, is it a reliable, comfy and somewhat sporty car that would make a daily driver?

>reliable
fuck no
>comfy
yes
>sporty
hell yes
>daily driver
nissan reliability a shit
>overall
fun car, but a piece of shit mechanically.

Bought myself a new battery without testing my alternator because I knew the battery was old as fuck anyways, but now when I leave the car sit for say, 18 hours, it struggles for a split second while it starts.

Like it doesn't "jump" to life. I'm gonna test the alt today anyways, but could this kinda draw be caused by that, or should I keep looking...?

>this assmad over some wheels
boo fucking hoo I asked for feedback on how my car looked you fucking drag queen

Could it just be the different brand of battery?

You probably have a parasitic draw somewhere, but it couldn't hurt to check if the alternator is charging it correctly.

Maybe. I went with a 2nd battery a year ago, which was already used and old, but 50 bucks. I went with a new duralast one yesterday.
I do know that if I leave my radio plugged in, that killed my previous battery in a day, is there an easy way to test for the draw?

Are there any more driving/racing related animus than Initial D, Wangan Midnight and Capeta?

id peel them. plastidip wheels look cheap

Best way to remove paint transfer? Hit a concrete support at a parking garage because my city is fucking stupid and has the supports take up 1/3 of 2 different spots. Of course those were the only ones open

I am about to buy a totally stock 2012 Honda Civic Lx from my dad. It has a 5 speed manual and was pretty fun to drive (as fun as a civic can be) the last time I drove it, but I was curious if there are any aftermarket parts to make it more fun?

I saw a forum recommending coil overs and swaybars, is it worth?

Literally nothing wrong with it, fuck off

Except it's very reliable and you don't know shit

would slapping mini Cooper wheels on my aw11 like these look bad? They look like old panasports and they're 4x100

acetone and a rag works really well for me. Odds are those paint transfers are just on the surface, and you can remove those no problem

my car burns oil. how often should I replace engine oil if its charring on the inside, but none of it is leaking or burning away?

I have a really shitty phone with a really bad audio amp I guess so aux input in my car sounds like GARBAGE

What's a decent portable amp I can get?

fiio makes some good stuff

Hypothetically speaking, if all gas stations suddenly ran out of gas, and you needed to siphon gas from a car that wasn't needed, where would you go? You could take gas from any car but you have a soul and don't want to drain the first car you find.

gasser Bro trucks, they're already jacked up and the gastank is easy to punch a hole and drain.

Also most of the owners are Dbags and deserve what they get.

Isn't it unsafe to just stab a hole in it?

Sperg more

i dont think it would look bad

>t. nissan fag in denial

Fuck off, I like the Infiniti G35 but even I ain't a cocksucker and acknowledge that all modern day Nissans are shit at reliability.

Clearly you are the one parroting ignorant fucking shit, wipe the cum off your feelies and smell the coffee.

>section 8 housing friendless nigger trying so hard to come off as cool

Stay sperged

>s-s-sperg more!!!111

lol you can't even argue, typical home schooled negro.

Why isn't the Volvo 240 as popular as the BMW E30 among car enthusiasts?

What is the point of a computer being hooked to a manual transmission?

My idle is lower than usual. It goes from 800 rpm to a bit lower than 700.
If I rev the engine and let it go down, the needle suddenly drops to sub 700 rpm when it's close to 800 rpm.
Anyone knows what can cause this? The engine is group VW 1.6 FSI.

Sounds maybe like a plug wire is starting to get a hole in it and is arcing.

Because a 240 was a POS when brand new. And it wasn't even the safest car of the 80's, the Dodge Daytona was.

(for real, look it up)

I grew up in one. It's a turd and I'm surprised yours still runs.

You might be stockholm syndrome'd into liking it now, but you will look back on this vehicle with disdain.

Looking at cheap pickups, seeing a 1993 C1500 with the 305, 211k, runs, passed smog, auto.

>pic related

is it a turd? I hear bad things about the 305 but I'm not sure how much of it is coming from a performance standpoint vs a daily driver standpoint.

Chevy SS or Dodge Charge Daytona?

Name a flaw with it then. Mines got lots of power options, decent fuel economy, space, comfort, everything you could ask for in a car. It's not as refined as an Accord or something, but I got mine for a quarter of what people sold those for.

If my car makes max hp@6000 should I shift right before then?. That's when it gets to the red. max torque is ~4000

I'm pretty new to working on my car, specifically a 99 grand cherokee 4.0, and I want to get a bit more power out of it
I don't know exactly what the previous owner did to it, but it appears to have a modified exhaust and intake system, which makes me wonder if he got a aftermarket head for it
I don't want to rip the whole engine apart to check, especially if I'm not even going to do anything in there

red blok is rebliabe but slow unless tarbo
6 cylinder, lambda sond, turbos, and coupes are rare to find
4 door and wagon swedish steel weighs a lot
>good for rally tho

>a rare 2 door coupe
>superior to swedish steel that is adored by thousands
>lol look it up
fuck you faggot

>captcha: choose the helicopter
>click on windmill

>charring
r u making briquettes for the holiday an/o/n?
>doesn't know it's called oil coking
>doesn't know this is the worst kind of burning
>doesn't measure the amount he is burning during a given time period
>using a magical device called a dipstick
u better be trolling

>doesn't know it's a meme
>doesn't know it should cost 3k
>doesn't know he should STFU
hello newfriend

>modifying Civic with go fast parts instead of saving for a proper car.

No, you're not likely to create a spark doing that, and its just sheet metal anyways.

Do it. Just think of all the Pocahontas ass you'll pull on the Indian reserve.

is beaner the same thing as a ricer but for hispanics with a modded shitbox instead of asians?

beaner is just a regular slur

mexicans eat rice also. in any case, ricer is a catch all term regardless of race. beaner is just a general slur for a hispanic.

>ricer is a catch all term regardless of race
what? A ricer is a wannabe fast n furious gook with some jappy or chink made shitty modded shitbox....right? A white guy can't be a ricer

R I C E
A N O N
C S S H
E P M A
/ I E N
? R T C
: E I E
; D C M
>>>>> E
>>>>> N
?????? T
:

What

was driving normally, accidentally had wrong gear in, lugged engine for a second and CEL came on.
Got to work, checked the oil, was low topped it up, CEL was still on.
Is it fine to keep driving? Engine sounds no different.
It might be MAF since right now the town is full of trees that throw this white fuzz everywhere, so it might just be sucked into the filter and blocking it a bit.

Life lesson: Drunk Ideas are funny at the time but don't always work out as you intended.

>go fast parts
>coilovers and swaybars
How exactly do these make you faster?
Coilovers let you raise/lower whenever you want. They are generally for idiots that lower their car an inch off the ground. If you want to buy a new oil pan and engine when you bottom out 50 feet from the shop you had them installed at, go for it. At least you wont have to tow it far

I bought a car that was fully covered in primer (for cheap) about two years ago. I never really go around to painting it, and I don't have much money to get it "Professionally" painted.
Should I paint it roller bushes or use an electric spray gun? Either way I'm going to use a enamel one stage paint.

strawpoll.me/13351730

IMO its more of a stupid fucking mindset than something specific to a certain race. Some ricers are born, but anyone can catch the stupid therefore anyone can be a ricer.

>unreliable
The taurus was many bad things, but unreliable? Nah.
Unless for whatever reason it didn't have the block mentioned in The only people the believe otherwise for some reason believe that power and speed are the only two factors that make up reliability.

Electric spray gun, you fucking savage.

You can probably rent one, just make sure you clean it well and prep well.

After applying bondo and sanding, should I primer then use an acrylic paint? Or should I just spray enamel paint (such as rustoleum) without any primer?

If your car has pic related, it doesn't have a separate throwout bearing right?

I wouldn't care if twer my car

let me explain it a different way Mr. I speak only in greentext. Theres clearly a miscommunicaton

The oil darkens quickly. Like, in about a couple months or so, it gets black, you can smell metal in it, etc. Thats what I meant. The temp gauge isnt too high, the dipstick is showing that the oil is fine, and not burning away like typical oil burning, it just blackens out relatively quickly. When oil gets black, its considered worn out, right? Therefore, I should know whether or not to change my oil at the regular intervals, or change it more often?
I ask that, and then you show up and assume youre the only person on earth that knows about dipsticks. great

>wants to change the rims on a taurus
lmfao dude get a fucking job and get a new car

It's normal for oil to discolor pretty quickly. Color doesn't necessarily dictate the oil's quality. Is it just dark brown or is it literally black and burned? How does it smell?

Has anyone used a cassette tape adapter?
My shitbox doesn't have Bluetooth or an aux connection and I don't want to spend money on a head unit and I don't want to buy a cassette tape adapter if it's shit

Here's the deal. I intercooled my car and added a boost controller(bleed valve for the wastegate).
Originally the boost went only up to the second last notch, after intercooling it went a bit over it. Now after a few hundred kilometres, it goes all the way to 7, probably over if the piece of shit sticks at there and can't go over it, even if the bleed valve is completely closed.

What gives, why does it do this? Could my turbo be toast, if the intercooled and playing with the bleed valve was too much for it to handle.

Forgot to mention, I checked all the pressure lines from the turbo to the bleed valve and to the wastegate.

No fucking acetone. Use compound and an orbital buffer with a good pad

I have a c15 with the 305. Its fun to drive and sounds great. Gets 0-60 in about 8 and a half seconds stock. For a daily driver just be ready to get a lot of gas.

Installed new header this weekend. Any time I go over 5000RPM there's a violent machine gun rate of compressed air coming from the left side of the engine. I can feel the "puffs" through the foot well. I've torqued all header nuts to spec, could the brand new header gasket be garbage? Should I get new ones and use high temp gasket maker?

>modding a taurus

Yeah...it may just have been a shitty one, but I had to crank the volume on my ipod (this was a while ago) and on the stereo just to get it to normal listening volume. I had slightly more success with radio adapters (you plug your phone/player in, it broadcasts whatever your phone is playing on a low-power adjustable FM frequency, you turn your radio to that frequency and there you go), though I'm not sure you can actually get those anymore and it was tough to find a clear frequency when visiting big cities and whatnot.

Nice, TY. How's durability/reliability/ease of maintenance? Lots of miles? Very old?

Was it a shitty eBay header? Either the gasket is trash or the header doesn't fit quite right.

Hey Veeky Forums

I'm in the market to buy myself a (technically first) car. I found a decent Silvia for 700 euros.
150k km on the odometer
120 hp
1.8 l stock engine

I've got a few questions about the car since my past experience with cars is a Yugo I've shared with my brother.
1)Is it a good first car?
2)How is the maintenance? I understand it's a 30 y/o Nissan, but there are a few car mechanics in my family that could help me out.
3)What's the fuel economy on a stock Silvia?
4)Is it a good car for DD? How would it perform if I drive it 3-4 times a week?
5)This is an S12, correct?
6)Would an engine swap be possible if I so choose?
7)How does the Silvia compare to the 86/85 from the same era?
thank you for any further replies

It's actually a 2000$ header. The gaskets are the same as the stock ones.

Same as the stock ones meaning they're brand new but they look identical with what came with the car.

I will compare it to my Bluebird which is FWD, but has or at least should have the same tech as the S12 silvia.

>1)Is it a good first car?
Yes and no. They are "reliable" but things do go wrong with such an old car often. Rust will be an issue.
>2)How is the maintenance? I understand it's a 30 y/o Nissan, but there are a few car mechanics in my family that could help me out.
Stupid simple mechanically, if you hear a weird rattling/ticking sound at around 3k RPM when you hit boost, see black smoke from your exhaust coming and the car starts to bog down, it's the pop up valve. It's this smallish can shaped piece of shit on top of the intake manifold, you can screw it out with a 41mm wrench and plug that hole up with a plug of some sort.
>3)What's the fuel economy on a stock Silvia?
Shit, those things are surprisingly thirsty for a 1.8 litre shitbox engine
>4)Is it a good car for DD? How would it perform if I drive it 3-4 times a week?
I doubt it would have any major issues, mine does not have any and it's already seen well over 300k km
>5)This is an S12, correct?
I think so
>6)Would an engine swap be possible if I so choose?
Anything is possible. I've seen two older gen silvias with swaps. other was a CA19DET swap from a later 180SX and other one had an SR20DET. THe stock engine of your pictured car should be an C18ET if it's turbocharged.
>7)How does the Silvia compare to the 86/85 from the same era?
It looks better, should be slightly more powerful, apparently has slightly inferior suspension and slghtly weaker aftermarket support in terms of mods and shit. It also does not suffer of rice tax as bad.

Where the fuck did you find an old Silvia for 700 bucks anyway? Been looking at one for ages and haven't found a single one up here.

Thanks for your answer, really helpful stuff for a more or less car noob.

I'm also surprised by the fact there's a S12 for sale in an eastern European country; especially one this pristine in condition

I should also mention that the seller has ANOTHER S12 that he's sell for 300 Euros for spare parts. Should I get both cars or just the one in driving condition

If you can spare the grand, which you definitely should in this case, get both.
Always nice to have spare parts when things go tits up and when you crash that thing. Both will happen sooner or later.