C4 Corvettes

Been a c4 owner for about three years now. When I first bought the car c4s where widely regarded as trash by everyone (especially c5-c7 owners). Lately though with RK doing the vette kart and MCM doing the F&F c4, I've been noticing a slow change in the general attitude towards them. Am I the only one? And will the c5 soon take its place, or will the fact that it ushered in the gen III SBC save it the same humiliation? I believe it will.

The C5 is widely regarded as one of the best looking Corvettes and it has the power to go along with the looks. It isn't like the C4, which was heavy and slow from the factory.

I bet that the C6 will eventually take the C4s place, mainly just because it's ugly (and its almost entirely driven by boomers).

I believe there is a growing appreciation for all cars RWD and manual (as well as growing 80's nostalgia) because enthusiasts are realizing the whole world is against them and petty fanboy fights isn't worth it anymore. The C4 ZR1 also easily shuts up the europoor criticism of only using pushrods.

However I don't think the c4 will gain as much respect as a C5. There was so much more engineering put into the chassis and engine that took Corvette up a notch.

Pre 92, the year the LT1 was introduced, the C4 was defiantly underpowered. But over weight I have to disagree with. Curb weight for my 93 is roughly 3000lbs. Maybe for import guys that's heavy
honestly the c5 is basically a c4 with a LS swap and a transaxle, the tech jump from c3 to c4 was much larger in my opinion

It is only gaining popularity due to retarded hipsters enamoured with silly pop up headlight fetishes who stream aesthetic meme music over their phone

It's lighter than mk4 Supras and Z32s. Frame isn't the stiffest but it could still handle well. Oddly enough there is no easy way to swap an LS in them to save some more weight.

I love the way the C4s look.
The majority of the gripe come from performance, which is suppose to be well warranted.

Where's the love for the C3? This is a genuine question. It is by faar the best looking, IMO. C5 and newer look like girl cars from the front.

Are they too old? Are they sub par mechanically?

Expensive. Even the shitty smog era cars aren't cheap.

This can't be real

smog era are dirt cheap, what are you talking about?

No, stop it. Stop saying corvettes handle well. They don't. Even the c7 understeers like a twitchy puppy. Corvettes are for dick stroking on the highway and that's it.

Nigger, my 90 has 119,000 on it, is in prime condition, and was a full option model. I paid $4,000 for it. Not only that, but I live in California, where EVERYTHING is marked up by the randos on Craigslist. If $4,000 is "not cheap" to you, you need to leave IHOP and get a better fucking job.

My bad. Didn't see what you were replying too. I thought you were saying C4 Corvettes were expensive.

Maybe not base models. The Z06 is a great track car. If your idea of how it handles comes from Jeremy "Not ever gonna be as great as Tiff" Clarkson, you should look into them more. That "race" he had with that other car in the Z06 was pure trash. He purposefully mashed the throttle on every turn to make it handle like shit, because he hates American cars. He's pure trash and he can't drive. Tiff was a fucking champion. He is one of the few British car people I can trust. How can you trust a country that has no car culture to judge cars?

That's what I was afraid of. A c3 has been my dream car since before I could drive. Specifically a big block 72 with the chrome bumpers.

I've seen them on CL for between 10-12 grand. Of course the sellers claimed they were in great shape. What do you reckon the likelihood of finding a daily drivable c3 is, for under 15k?

He asked about C3s not C4s. C4s are cheap. Too many people see auctions and think their l82 automatic c3 is some something special.

Holy shit my dude. Was that the fucking deal of the year or is that what I could expect to pick one up for out here in CA?
PS check yourself before you sperg out. Good on ya for correcting it I guess.

Can't speak for everyone's experience buying a C3 but I bought mine about 6 years ago for $2800, the chassis was solid and the engine ran, but was missing quite a bit. Still is and $3000 in, I'm still putting time and money into her, graduated college so I can put the summer after work and on the weekends fixing up the shoddy paint job done among other things but when I tested the waters to sell it last summer, I almost let her go for $4500, but maybe $7000-8000 is a good guess for cheapest you can find with minimal time needed to get it daily driving

What? I haven't seen that episode of top gear. I've driven one and it sucked ass. Not a z06, but the c7 stingray is faster than the c7 z06 anyway. It was numb to drive and had inorganic handling. I didn't like it. My FD is twice the car (but gets half the fuel economy)

I meant faster than the c6 z06.

Brother how much of that 3K has gone towards cosmetic work and how much towards mechanical?

0 on cosmetic, it had no windshield when I got her, I bought one and got it installed, new brake calipers, new brake rotors (one of them cracked taking it off, yikes), new door window motors, misc electrical work, new master cylinder, im probably missing stuff but thats what I remember. At a minimum this summer I'm cleaning out the carpet and seats to check for rust and clean it any I find, stripping down the nose of paint (everything front of the hood is in a bad place), weatherstripping and trims where I need to install, carb cleaning and maybe ttop refurbishment and vacuum overhaul ugh, so much to do

>I've been noticing a slow change in the general attitude towards them.
No you've been noticing a bunch of poor shitheads who can finally afford a corvette because they're cheap as fuck.

The C4 is the second worst overall corvette, objectively, and its interior is fucking AWFUL. It's slow as shit too
>b-b-but muh ZR1
Sorry, your 250hp L98 powered turd isn't even comparable.

This is the most correct answer ITT. I was too lazy to type a similar response.

C5 werent slow and are lighter than c5s

>c5 was lighter than the c5
WUT

You stupid Americans don't deserve c4 corvettes.

You can buy them for like 4k and yet you shit on them.

>and yet you shit on them
Because they're trash