ITT: we post efficient and practical vehicles to trigger americans

ITT: we post efficient and practical vehicles to trigger americans

I'll start

I love this game.

Swap body fire trucks so they can cover more tasks at lower costs.

Common construction site combination, dumper towing a digger.

because when your house is burning down you want people shuffling heavy shit around with cranes before they come help you

MB Trac, built for decades on the Unimog platform. The cockpit interior rotates 180° and it has equal forwards and reverse gears so you can operate it in any direction you like, with front or rear steering. Many have front loader attachments at the rear so they could be used as rear steered front loaders in tight areas like farmyards, or to run "rear" mounted cranes or harvesting equipment. Pic related is a bit low quality, but it's hard to find photos where it can be seen in both operation directions at the same time.

they are mostly used for specialized equipment, not general purpose fire fighting
the one in his pic is labelled Dekon which probably stands for decontamination

wtf. why dont we have this in the US

The most used upfittings will of course already be loaded, also these are for more specialized equipment. Regular fire response trucks are usually still dedicated units. These things are so that you don't need to have entire trucks standing around wasting money for the three times a year there's a burst pipe to pump off or fallen tree to clear or chemical hazard to deal with.

You do have very similar models, Americans just hate them because they're not intimidating and wasteful enough looking.

>How will people ever know I'm handy and rugged if I don't drive a gigantic truck barge?

>bill nye the degenerate guy
>in a chevy

Guess what brand Im not buying anymore.

autist detected

I recall that swap bodies exist in the US but apparently they're really unpopular for whatever reason. Maybe it's got to do with badly trained drivers, maybe it's got to do with regulations favoring semi trucks over straight trucks with trailers.

I don't care how good the ProAce is; it will never replacea the HiAce-filled hole in my heart

to be honest m8 we dont have very many options for small vans. the ford has that shitty transmission, the nissan/chevy van has a shit-tastic CVT and the tires for it cost like $175 E A C H, the ram has the 9 speed that has been problematic.

Id go balls deep for a small toyota van.

>How will people ever know I'm handy and rugged if I don't drive a gigantic truck barge?
I know, stupid burgers always being so brash, with their billion dollar aircraft carries and putting men on the moon and shit.

Fucking stupid yanks.

i love when """""environmentalists""""" try and claim that producing more cars is somehow good for the planet
... and that batteries are somehow emission free

Who will replace your legs tho?

They pollute less than a ICE engine does.

>muh butt juice

hiaces are my guilty pleasures

It's another 'user doesn't know what rare earth metals' are episode

>lead and nickel mining is less polluting then recycling metals too build new ICE engines

alphonse please go

manufacturing a new car will always pollute more than using one that already exists

cool selfie
Yes, the EPA already did multiple studies on this. You have no evidence on the contrary except.

>hurrrr i disagree with factss durrr

>Yes, the EPA already did multiple studies on this.

Link? Id like to read them.

The same EPA that gives trucks and SUVs an easier time on emissions and fuel economy so that Detroit can stay in business and keep building shitbarges?

pic related.
Retard alert

>Lead and nickel can't be recycled
WRONG

>argument no one is making
I WIN

>lead and nickel mining is less polluting then recycling metals too build new ICE engines
what did he mean by this?

>tfw my slumlord boomer uncle drives one of these "for the storage space", according to my aunt
>when I'm leaving a family function, walking towards my shitbox and I glance a peek at the inside of his van through the windshield
>it's literally just got a golf bag with clubs in it and that's it
Keep in mind that my uncle and aunt are the types of wealthy boomers who will drive Lexuses and only Lexuses then get them serviced at the dealership every 3,000 miles.

Now it's just my aunt who drives a Lexus.

>tl;dr: boomer uncle downgraded from a Lexus to a Sprinter Work Van literally so he could haul around a set of golf clubs

We said practical, not pretendical. Ever used that winch? Ever been in a situation that you wouldn't have gotten out of with smaller tires? That bumper ever protected you, other than from your own mistakes when you run red lights?

>i never go offroad so no one else does either

That's what he wants you to think, but wait til you see him with 1000 lbs of weed in the back one day.

I never go offroad, but at least I don't buy shitbarges to pretend that I do.

Thanks for proving the point of the thread ;)

He's a genuine stereotypical upper middle class "I play golf and sit on the board of directors fer the local credit union" slumlord boomer, plus he had a stroke about ~2-3 years ago so I doubt he could even sell a brick of weed if he barely manages to keep his zipper up nowadays

Two miniature HiAces, surely

Everyone and their mother had one of these back in the day. My family had one, two of my neighbors had one, every single electrician/plumber/craftsman in general had one (most of them still do, albeit no newer than 2012), and I am currently using a 1997 HiAce nearly every day at my work

Its just so... honest. Sure, the VW Transporter and the Proace are alright, but its just not the same as a good ol' HiAce. Fuck the EU and its stringent demands on pollution, making Toyota say "fuck it" and discontinuing it from our market

Atleast there are plenty of them still left, and with their reliability we won't run out for many years

Are you black?

what it means is that steel and aluminum have been produced in far more numbers than nickel and lead. You have to literally pull nickel and lead out of the ground where with steel and aluminum you can just recycle all the shit that has already been made....like they are already doing. This doesnt even go into the manufaccturing of batteries which is toxic as fuck.

Amerifags can't into Skoda.

Instead of Hilux, you should have bought a 4x4 Hiace(I know it would most likely been out of your budget)

yea?

It shows.

lol, triggered

Hehe, sometimes I kinda look at the Hilux and think "its essentially just a van with ground clearance" with the bed topper and all that

Still, if I was gonna buy a van and make it offroad-worthy I'd go with a Mitsubishi L300, or maybe even an L400. A coworker has an L400 on 31" mud terrains, and that thing can follow my Hilux pretty well on the same size tires

negros dont trigger me m8.

reported for racism

Racism isn't against the rules you double nigger

yes it is

Mitsu instead of a Toyota??? weirdo ;)
Delica might be intresting. Isn´t it basically a van body on a short a Pajero.

Now who is the one that triggered?

Also posting reports is against the rules.

sperg more

lol

SAVAGE

>you will never be able to buy a Fiat pickup with a comfy diesel at an insanely low resale price because it's a Fiat
Feelsbadman

We have them, people just don't care.

>rebadged Mitsubishi.

Doesn't change the fact that the resale value would drop like a rock in the States because (Fiat) is on the badge, allowing burgers to get a decent light pickup for a low price and at the cost of permanent Add to ostracization by their acquaintances for buying an Italian pickup.