Is built in sat nav a meme? what if your car gets old and they stop pushing updates to the maps?

Is built in sat nav a meme? what if your car gets old and they stop pushing updates to the maps?

Normies don't think about things like that user. They only own them for two years then trade them in.

>what is a used car

meme

pretty much this, knew a guy who got a new BWM lease every year. The guy really didn't care how gimmicky the shit was or how quickly it would go out of date.

I dont give a shit if it has nav or not. What bothers me is when nav changes the whole radio and now your radio has 10 seconds delay per instruction.

It's obsolete because now everyone has phones.

my mom used to have an odyssey and when the gps was outdated the dealership put a cd to put in it that updated the map.
I'd never buy a car with a screen in the middle that didn't have a gps (unfortunately, I've seen a bunch like that), but I'd rather just have a tablet holder and put a tablet in it.
Also, if a built in gps did become outdated you could just use the screen for a suction cup spot.

It's fucking stupid and should be avoided like the plague.

Oh sorry, that'll be $400 to "update" the maps using our proprietary software that you can't use yourself for free.

>It breaks.
>Can't fix.
>It is obsolete
>Can't remove and put radio in its place

fucking TRASH

who the fuck uses build in navigation on cars? nothing can compete with google maps

I know this is bait but for the 1 or 2 retards out there that nodded in agreement to this you should have your license revoked

Get Android/Apple car play if that happens. New cars even have WiFi and can use 4g networks.

You just ignore it and use your phone.

It's not that the maps are out of date, but that the interface ages so poorly and is agitating to use. You just use your phone and the Nav screen mainly becomes a map for reference without having to look at phone.

It's useful if it's built into Android Auto or Apple Carplay so it can be continually updated into the future. Proprietary systems are considered fine in luxury cars for most new drivers because they don't ever plan on having the car more than a few years - they don't GAF about the poor shmuck who owns it next.

I've never understood it either
google maps is fucking free and I hardly ever use it
if you're a privacyfag openstreetmaps works fine too

>I don't understand
>data is free

If you go out to places where there is no cell signal it's helpful. Google maps needs data to generate directions, built in nav doesn't.
There's been a lot of times I've used mine because of shitty reception.

cell phones have gps antennas too. You can get apps that nav based off that. All you needs is carplay/android auto to mirror your shit.

what kind of shit do you have to be doing to need to look at a map of where you're going all the time when all you need is the voice directions

yes, every car should just have android auto built in

Is it that fucking hard to look up directions before you go somewhere? You Euro's seem to be obsessed with it. Is it that hard to navigate a tiny ass city? I thought you guys were "smart" because you drive manuals yet you can't find your way around.

You can download areas using WiFi and use no mobile data if you're a complete poorfag.

they have google/apple car play now, which will never go out of date

probably

You can download directions / area maps for offline use. Try again breh