[ Daily Bike Thread - /dbt/ ]

GET THAT FUCKING SCOOTER OUT OF MY FACE edition.

>Motorcycle Benchracing
>Motorcycle Xenophobia
>Motorcycle Hookups
>Motorcycle Pics & Very Boring Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice
>Kit Kat riding a toy for children
>Your bike a shit

Benchrace your buttocks:
>cycle-ergo.com

Benchrace your p-plate:
>a2bikes.com

Benchrace your helmets:
>crash.net

Noob? Git gud:
Webms with sound:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509976
revzilla.com/motorcycle/spidi-4season-h2out-jacket
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for SAM HYPE

you ever notice how there is allways somthing very interesting to look at on the pavement when a scooter is going past?

is a 80's Interceptor 500 a good first bike?

>Craigslist is full of people selling 3 year old Groms for what the brand new bike sells for
>well you see you're saving on taxes and fees

suck my dick and shove your 7,000 mile grom up your butthole

No. Get something from this millennium that runs reliably

what

>saving on taxes and fees

In my state you've gotta pay sales tax, registration, and title transfer fees even if you buy a bike from a private party.

yes. if there's nothing obviously wrong with it honda made fantastic bikes through the 80s. you won't feel too badly if you drop it and as long as you don't totally trash it you should be able to get close to what you paid for it if you decide to upgrade

Yeah government taxes used private vehicle sales here too. I imagine they probably collect tax 10 times on some bikes. It's BS desu

yes but dealers have thousands in extra jew fees

>honda
>not reliable

Follow your dreams...as a third bike.
I don't want any newbies dropping the limited number of V4 classics that are left. Wait until you're good enough to treat her properly.

There's a craigslist add around here for a 2017 fz-07 where he want's more than new price but he somehow wants to sell it quick. The amount of people that somehow don't understand that you can not ask new price for a used vehicle amazes me.

>any 30 year old carbureted shit, that likely has had minimal maintenance
dumb Honda memer

>thousands in extra jew fees

Like what exactly? I've never bought a bike from a dealer but I've bought some used cars / trucks from dealers and have never had any extra fees other than the standard Tax, Title, and License fees.

Delivery, PDI and whatever bullshit stuff the dealer springs on you

Dealers will also charge freight and assemble fees. For my local motorcycle dealer they charge 250 for freight and 250 for assemble.

what started (sportbikes) arent carbed.

I don't know exactly because I have never bought from a dealer, but they will slap any cost they can on you. From what I've seen and read they can rack up over a thousand in bullshit charges like delivery fee, assembly fee, title fee (way more than what the dmv charges for a title and registration), and whatever else they can think of.

Went down to the local KTM shop to look at a new 16 holdover 1190 adv for 12.5. They wanted 500 for freight and 500 for the assembly plus 250 in documentation fees then the state wants to jab you in the ass for another K.

>how about no

>picks up a really clean used 2016 1190r >adventure the next day that fell through the >powerparts catalogue to the tune of +5000 in >extras for 10k.

Who's on the road?

i went to my dealer because i wanted to look at the 2017 cbr 600 in person because in pictures it's the sexiest bike i've seen in a long time

they didn't have it, and they tried to sell me a 500

fuck. them.

Riding over sno-pass yesturday.

La Push last night

>washington 2018
>ve4985
turn the opacity all the way up if you want to hide your plate

Dealers are cancer. A guy that used to be one told me that freight and assembly is already factored into the MSRP when they get it, so they're literally just jewing you an extra $500 -$1000. Fuck those faggots.

No kidding. My local BMW dealership strangely enough is the only place that doesn't Jew you with surprise fees - the sticker price is actually accurate (minus tax)

btw lads what's a good jacket that doesn't suck in the summer?

Perforated leathers from Dainese

I just arrived at the outer Banks, was only like a 5hr ride but storms and shit weather so it was fun
See: first post in thred

Outerbanks? Is that you on the enduro?

Can someone tell me how I am supposed to wheelie my GSXR 600? I don't like the idea of clutch ups so I've been trying to power wheelie just by cracking it open in first - even though I know this doesn't work, some autist last week swore by it and said it does work

just do clutchups you dingus

you in NC?

>oil filter is $16 on revzilla
>$4 for the same on amazon
wtf

also Motul or rotella?

Post bikes?

. . . or is everyone out riding, and I'm the only one here?

Could someone post a picture of their bike if its yamaha blue

>have to do 60 miles commute a day

is this excessive?

How does /dbt/ suggest I get brake fluid back into brake lines after having removed and drained them? Pumping from the master cylinder doesn't seem to be working very well, or possibly at all.

bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509976

>"$2900 for a 2014 Grom!"

1 month of nothing, then:

>"How bout $1500"

>"Rude", "what a D move", "horrible lowball"
3 months pass

>"Bump, still for sale."

I'd move

Shhh.... Baikus are sleep. I hate when I have to work for a week or two without getting to ride.

I can never understand why somebody would put a picture of themselves or even their fucking children of all things on an advert.

Here in my country sometimes you get pearls like scantly dressed pre-teen girls on their daddy's bikes, All in the sales page thingy (name escapes me now) which, of course, was set up by the father himself.

It's called not being a pedo. You should try.

Yes, but not impossible.
I did the same when I was in the high school/college program. My parents stay in the middle of nowhere, so it was 1.5 hours each way.
Would have been fun on a bike, but that's because I signed up for afternoon classes. I could not imagine having a 7a start job and doing the same...
Somebody earlier said move closer. Save your money, run out your lease, and fucking do it.

Also buy decent rain gear and a topbox. Adv style was good to me all winter. Haven't had money to try touring kit this summer, but I'm looking at something like this:
revzilla.com/motorcycle/spidi-4season-h2out-jacket

one way or combined?

>police scanned me doing 80 in a 50 but didn't come after me
>police say me overtaking cars at 150 in a 90 but didn't come after me
Are they gonna show up at my door with tickets or no? I saw the second one brake so I guess he wanted to u-turn and stop me. I slowed down but he never came. No flashing lights either.

How about you start riding respecting the limits?

Some districts have a "no chase" policy on single bikes. Low chance of catching, higher chance of someone dying. They can call for radio backup, but once visual is lost there is almost no point.

Thanks for your advice I'm gonna gun it every time I see a cop

Yeah nigga what up
What bike u on?
I'm staying near chicamacomico if you wanna ride

Yes

>How does /dbt/ suggest I get brake fluid back into brake lines after having removed and drained them?
plz

i think i see you. hope you're ready for a big surprise

Why tho?

He doesn't want to feel incapable on his 250

why the fuck do people like these so much?

motorcycles?

online forums?

>it's the successor bro
>how about a 650 instead
Fuck h*nda for discontinuing their best bike.

If buy that zx 6 r for $1500. It has AESTHETIC.

They did it because muh emissions IIRC.

Pretty sure they're coming with a replacement soon enough.

My bad lol. Forgot pic.

inb4 murder

the braking, cornering, and vulnerability of a motorcycle with the weight and speed of a car?

naw idk anything about them

the official vehicle of "i have erectile disfunction"

I do a 60 mile commute for work with a 15-24 hour work day granted that's averaged out to maybe one day every two weeks but I've done a month with a 120 mile commute with 12+hour work days

>None of the fun of a bike
>None of the safety of a car

Genius. Honestly trikes, as well as those stupid things are the worst. They're dumb, and they're so expensive that if you want a fun, open air experience just buy a fucking miata. Those slingshot things are like $24k, and the Can Ams are $20k. Why? Why would you do that?

because they're too much of a pussy to ride a real bike, but still want "the freedom of the road" same as those three wheeled snowmobiles can am sells

there's a guy in my town who's a paraplegic with one and he straps his chair to it
he's about the onlyperson i've seen on one who gets a pass

There are rumors, but I think they're just scrambling until electric becomes viable.

Honestly I don't understand the people who buy motorcycles and then go exactly the speedlimit. I mean you don't have to be a psychotic hooligan, but it doesn't make sense to buy a bike and then never have fun with it. Especially sport bikes.Why did you even buy it?

there's only so many speeding tickets you can get before you start to have repercussions beyond the fine itself

Yeah that's about the only time it makes sense. I could be wrong but doesn't parapalegic mean he can't use any limbs? I assume you mean his legs dont work.

But surely they must realize everything thinks they're fucking retarded right? For real just get a cheap convertible like a miata.

This is true but it depends heavily on location and context. I was speaking more generally on people who NEVER speed. Ever. It doesn't make sense to me.

>parapalegic mean he can't use any limbs?
no that quadriplegic
quad as in four limbs

that's quadriplegic. para is below the waist

Fuck I'm retarded. Maybe I need to go buy a trike

The 3 Wheeler is pretty cool, though. I'd wave at someone driving one of those.

Supersports sell like motherfuckers. Do you honestly think Honda would just give up on that market? There will be a replacement before you know it.

>But surely they must realize everything thinks they're fucking retarded right?
apparently not, saw one today and I was staring at him as I passed in the opposite direction thinking how dumb he was for spending so much money on something so pointless

he probably thought I was admiring it though.
kek

I saw one of those morgan things in the parking lot at my rock climbing gym. Was pretty neat. Those things are cool, but Slingshots are very much not.

Transition visors, are they any good?

Yes.

Sell where? Honda became this successful by taking a bottom-up strategy on everything.
Y'all bitch and moan like commuter focus is unprecedented, but machines like the super cub and cb125 Titan make the world go round.

Secondary proof of theory: Instead of electric sport, naked, or cruiser--Honda starts their offerings with this

I have one, they're fucking awful to work on but besides that it's fine.

Fuck, that's ugly

Grow up grandpa, its the future.

Looks like what they were going for in the early 2000s

A couple years ago I rode around Vietnam, and was shocked by the number of electric scooters in the cities there. They're already totally mainstream.

I want to do one of these trips, is 3 weeks enough time?

I was taking pictures and a qt3.14 told me I couldn't park there.

I'm still waiting for the day they release the CB400SF in the states.

>back to back suzukis
some of you guys are alright

try writing them to show interest

I see the SU, what happened to the ZUKI?

>tfw you will never be a japanese school girl

I did it once and they forwarded my e-mail to a nearby dealership and they told me small displacements aren't very popular and then tried to sell me a 2016 CB500F.

>hey uhhh honda
>i-i watched this japanese cartoon about highschool girls uhh
>c-can you bring the cb400sf over? i-i-its c-cute!
>i swear i have money t-to buy one.... heh