Off the Shelf OBDII readers

I was a professional mechanic for about 8 years, doing mostly diagnostic work.

When I quit the trade I sold of my Solus (Fap-Off) Scanner.

My cars all haven't given me a quirk until now, I've got a MIL on in my Mazda.

I don't want just a code reader, I want to be able to pull and ideally graph data the same as my old Solus did.

Which USB/Bluetooth readers atleast let me see real data like Fuel Trims, MAP/MAF values, ECT, IAT, Throttle and Pedal Position, ect...?

Other urls found in this thread:

torque-bhp.com/wiki/Main_Page
amazon.com/Innova-3040d-Diagnostic-Reader-Vehicles/dp/B00W85NZU2
amazon.com/Autel-MD802-Maxidiag-System-Multifunctional/dp/B0090B7M2O
leonardodiagnostictool.com/pricing/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Do you really want to ask a bunch of safety-seat tweens about something like this?

Shit figured some sperg might know.

>fast_and_furious_gearbox_diagram.bmp

Only one I know of is Torque Pro for Android.

torque-bhp.com/wiki/Main_Page

Maybe in a thread where people are posting their cars, but then you have to deal with tripfags and they are all retards.

Autel makes one for a couple hundred bucks. After having a Solus, you're going to hate it though. Just warning you. Everything else is just shit.

Actron has been shilling themselves to all sorts of youtubers, dunno if it's any good or not though.

amazon $10 elm327 bluetooth plug
$5 torque pro for android
done

not usb/bluetooth but I have one of these, it has so far worked fine for me for everything

amazon.com/Innova-3040d-Diagnostic-Reader-Vehicles/dp/B00W85NZU2

Can you pull actual PIDs?

wouldn't be much of a code reader if it didn't read the codes, would it?

PIDs are not codes.

Is Solus that much better than Autel?

>professional mechanic
I wanna bet you were a mechanic in the 20th century.

Get a bluetooth dongle for 5 bucks and a smartphone app. Torque pro gives me every single sensor reading the ECU has.

In past archived OBD2 reader threads, people posted the product they used. In some cases they even posted URLs to the amazon product or the one at a different website. People also gave warnings because the chinese resellers on amazon and ebay might not always have the consistent product. They can be fooled by their supplier too. So even a reliable top tier ranked supplier can deal out trash or a misrepresented product (version number is old when advertised as the latest version).

NotSureIfSerious.aiff

Android tablets can display data more visibly than a small smartphone display.

Yes.

OTC and Snap-on make real instruments. Everything else is a glorified code reader.

IDK, I just hook up my shitbox to my laptop and use dealer software.

Old BMW tho, so that's the bad side.

>.aiff
Hehe, what cryochamber did you just crawl out of?

I'm serious though, apps like torque have made expensive OBD2 readers obsolete for personal/casual use.

...he kind of specifically asked what apps were good, not what scanners to get.

...and I kind of specifically said torque pro.

which other people already did, and then you berated him for being old and wondering which scanners were good, even though he didn't ask about that.

>which other people already did
I'm sorry I didn't read the rest of the thread before making a constructive post.
>you berated him for being old
I wonder if he took offense at the banter, on Veeky Forums of all places.
>even though he didn't ask about that
Oh I beg your pardon, I will now cease speaking unless spoken to.

>I will now cease speaking unless spoken to.

You know....I'm betting if you stuck with that, your life would probably improve a massive amount.

>your life would probably improve
Oh boy, the projection. I'll let you have the last word if you want, maybe that makes you feel better about yourself.

No way. This third guy here demands the last word. Ha, I've stole your last word from both of you. And now I'm running away with it.

Thats what i thought u bitch ass nigga pipe down

It's always funny when you can say the exact same thing your post says, about your post.

No Bluetooth POS will do what an Autel 802 will do.
And no, this Autel won't do what you're used to with your Solus.
>Autel better than nothing
>Bluetooth reader is literally nothing
amazon.com/Autel-MD802-Maxidiag-System-Multifunctional/dp/B0090B7M2O

> Torque pro gives me every single sensor reading the ECU has.
Not even the Solus has that for most brands. Manufacturers aren't going to give away any CAN protocol that they don't legally have to so some Chinese company can make factory scan tools, or even more laughably to put all the info in an app. People that develop independent scan tools that barely work are able to sell scanners for tons of money along with subscription fees -

leonardodiagnostictool.com/pricing/

I've added the few things it didn't show me as custom pids. I can't speak for other cars, but it works for mine.

>amazon $10 elm327
Mine lasted for two uses, which is not bad for $10.