What was in the wrong?

What was in the wrong?

Tom Pryce or the teenage marshal?
youtube.com/watch?v=qnZV0PgRrsA

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Zanardi#Post-amputation_motor_racing_career
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The surviving marshall was most at fault I believe

the marshal, running across the track while hot is the same as running across a firing range while hot. Pryce was an innocent bystander who lost his life because of the stupidity of a marshal. also, that pic makes me kek everytime

no fucks

Is it just pareidolia or did the extinguisher turn him into Michael Jackson post-surgery?

Also holy fuck that's a lot of blood, helmet didn't do shit.

the filename is better than the image

>marshal, running across the track while hot is the same as running across a firing range while hot.

THIS^

you never step on a hot range or a hot track, unless you want bad shit to happen. even if its an emergency, its best to wait a moment until its safer so you don't add to the problems.

The marshal.

nvm, just read that the upward force was so great that the helmet strap ripped his neck off clean, partially decapitating him.

Jeez, never knew about that.

Safety and head injuries. weren't well researched at the time.

A similar thing happened to Felipe Massa In 09 but he survived and eventually came back to race.

motorsport gore thread when?

>tfw you learn pic related wasn't a fatality and the guy who expelled all the gibs is still active in motorsports

italians are fucking built strong holy shit

yesss, if i remember those chunks are his legs

shit. does anyone know what that is excatly?

Alex Zanardi's 2001 crash, he lost both his legs.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Zanardi#Post-amputation_motor_racing_career

those would be his legs

tfw mercedes was absent from motorsport for 30 years and caused a ban of all motorsport in mulitple countries for managing to kill 80 fucking people in one race

well bless his heart

>bans all grey imports on the U.S until they turn 25 years old
>caused a ban on all motorsports for 30 years

mercedes pls

Still amazing that ONE of the occupants survived this, even if he remained in coma for a month.

R.I.P Michael Wyder though

if youve ever seen the movie rush, the scene with the decapitated guy is based off of this incident

the crazy part is the story of how he survived, he somehow managed to drag himself out of the car while he was still on fire and put the fires out in a nearby body of water. racing drivers are fucking gods

scotty is right
they are the scum of the earth

That's fucking badass.

was the barrier along with the body of water creating some sort of optical illusion of a road?

heres the car after the accident

i really wouldnt be able to tell you wtf happened here but it looks like he misjudged the corner and instead of braking calmly he panicked and slammed on the brakes

wew. imagine being the copilot

fucking terrifying