Focus RS

What does Veeky Forums think of this car?
It seems pretty GOAT, all things considered.

it's not a very good car
overpriced at dealers
unreliable
shit paint quality

ur money is better spent somewhere else.

I would rather have the Mustang GT.

Veeky Forums hates it because it doesn't have a Japanese badge.

If Honda came with a real AWD 350hp hatch Veeky Forums would be masturbating all over it.

>If Honda came with a real AWD 350hp hatch Veeky Forums would be masturbating all over it.
yes
>real AWD
The Focus RS is not real AWD though

I think 5cyl > 4cyl

>polestar
kys

The RS has been in Europe for so long. This one is a meme for the Amerifats, just like the 30 year old skylines no one cares about anymore.

Step aside amerifat seducing riced shitbox

GOAT hatches only in Europoorland

Overhyped and overpriced.

For the last fucking time, youre overspending like all fuck. If you want an econobox just get a fucking civic or corolla. If you want a track car then look elsewhere.

Great, so long as you're not getting a US market version.

Ford US is literally monkey models for monkeys. Americans don't know good cars, so they don't get them.

The RS is made in Germany tho.

that explains why its a piece of shit

Well for starters, it's not RWD

but the RS was designed by Ford Europe :thinking:

Yeah, I would wait for the fad to die out a bit before overpaying at a dealer for one.

I would love if Ford could resolve its horrifying reliability issues with the current generation of Focus before I would drop $35k + on something like this

Cuckestiny owns one in that color, ugly car.

>I made up a bunch of shit

Alright, Veeky Forums, marry, fuck, kill.

marry subaru, fuck ford, kill honda

marry RS, fuck type r, kill vapru

the problem with it is that it isn't FWD

the front wheels are the only place the power should ever go

gottem

Wait you telling me that Amerifats don't get SEATs?
I'm loving my Ibiza FR

What if you want both at once?
You can get them at invoice or msrp as long as you're willing to travel a bit at this point.
Marry Golf R, fuck Ford, kill Honda, and tell subaru to start making hatches again or gtfo of this comparison.

It's good, but the limited edition that's being released in the states is even better.

Mechanical front LSD, and some other nice bits I'd pay the extra for.

Isn't it just the rs2 package with a front LSD? Also the same lsd is available on the aftermarket and super easy to install.

Pretty much. RS2 bits are standard like forged wheels etc, just got the LSD under standard warranty.

Probably not worth trading in but worth considering if you're in the market for a new one.

Marry both the WRX and RS. Fuck the Type R, then kill it.

Right, it goes beyond that and can change the front/rear bias. It's basically the best AWD system out there right now.

Kia Stinger

Marry the WRX
Fuck the Focus RS
Kill the Shitvic

IMO it is a very sophisticated AWD system being able to be a dedicated RWD or a dedicated 4WD as well as a bias front/rear based on weather

But the best AWD system is Nissan's ATTESA ETS system. The first major use was in the GT-R Skyline in later R32's, and it's only ever improved since in reliability.

>being able to be a dedicated RWD or a dedicated 4WD as well as a bias front/rear based
It can't be dedicated RWD, it can bias 70% of the torque to the rear.
What makes it so advanced is that it can send all of that 70% to a single rear wheel at once with the dual clutch pack RDU. The Focus RS system is actually pretty close to the GT-Rs, the biggest difference being that the Focus is front biased, the GTR is rear biased and the set up in the focus is a little more advanced and allows for more control.

The Focus beats the Mustang and Camaro at a track. Despite having less HP. Because it's European. :)

The Focus and Fiesta etc are European you dildo. Why do you think they're so good

My dream car, a c30 polestar edition, treat that car right.

it beast them because it's awd

Marry STI, fuck Type-R, kill RS

They don't sell. They're considered "shitboxes" to people who can afford them, and people who want them can't afford them.

The car covers a very small market and the price is raised because of dealers being dumb as fuck. So, many go to the crowd killing mustangs because theyr'e cheaper and has a big boy V8.

Fuck and then marry the RS. Kill everything else.

but it's not a subaru.

>horrifying reliability issues
M O N K E Y
M O D E L S
F O R T H E
M O N K E Y
M A R K E T

It's pretty simple.

But the US version can't be; surely it has to be made in the USA or be subject to protectionism and the 25-year import law?

9k miles in and great car. Awd has turned off momentarily once and it is abused daily. Have a tune since 1k that makes it a blast 440 hp/460 tq improves the 4.7 0-60 to 3.8. Waiting to get a remus exhaust glad this is the later production engine its an improved block

Are you retarded or just trolling?

I've yet to be convinced that this car is worth 40k+.
I just don't see it.

you could say that about any hot hatch

I feel the st twins are fairly priced.
The gti as well.

if you feel that the RS is overpriced then you must also think the Type R and the Golf R are overpriced

I do, but those aren't hyped as the second coming of Jesus.
Well the ctr kind of is, but you get the point.

Just stating facts. European-market Focuses have no issue with reliability. Euro-market anything has no reliability issues when it comes to Fords.
In Europe, Ford is the next best thing to an actual luxury brand because it works right and stays working for a couple of decades.

US-market Fords break easily and often, because that's what americans expect cars to do, and refuse to pay extra for reliability.

Lies

Didnt pay dealer markup either. Mad?

Not at all. Your blob is yours

Is this a Spanish car?

They're literally imported from Europe. The only real difference is the interior trim.