denver.craigslist.org/mcy/6195411484.html
denver.craigslist.org/mcy/6153282575.html
denver.craigslist.org/mcy/6192098525.html
denver.craigslist.org/mcy/6161104676.html
boulder.craigslist.org/mcy/6186344097.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

GS 500 BEST BEGINNER BIKE

>tfw no tuono

If I'm 6'3 and 200 lbs, do I really need to get a bigger bike, or would a CB500 be fine?

you could ride a grom fine

It's a shitty, shitty bike

Cb500 would be fine

>that feel when you finally get comfortable leaning your bike over and are starting to chip away at your strips finally

It's okay, you can just buy the best beginner bike instead.

>go to showroom
>lots of YZF 125s and MT 125s about
>they are fucking huge

when did 125s become so big?

you'll want a GS adventure or other similar big tralie for your body.

Why settle for a Honduh when Suzuki makes the superior beginner bike?

Since regulations.

And because kids want the "big bike feel" when they run it into a drainage ditch.

Jeez, Suzuki's are pretty popular here?

>snoozuki

No, only the best one (GS 500), and for good reason (it is the best beginner bike).

if the rear starts sliding out what's the worst thing you can do?

Is there a good, cheap, accessible Harley Davidson that's a beginner bike?

>good
>cheap
>hurrley

Getting on the brakes

>good, cheap, accessible Harley Davidson

Used Sportster 883

Even old ones tend to be in the same price range as a mint condition F1200GS

>cruisers
>HD
>cheap
>accessible
>beginner

bait

That's because they are so reliable and powerful, it's pretty much impossible to lose value on a Harley-Davidson. They are simply the best bikes on the planet.
For a beginner bike, you should look for a Suzuki GS 500 though, it is the best beginner bike after all.

how come all I hear about is how they are unreliable and overpriced pieces of shit?

>tfw a '96 883 with 20k on a clock costs 5 grand

because user is baiting

Stop feeding the troll.

Bullshit

denver.craigslist.org/mcy/6195411484.html
denver.craigslist.org/mcy/6153282575.html
denver.craigslist.org/mcy/6192098525.html
denver.craigslist.org/mcy/6161104676.html

Recently bought a '04 883 for $3k USD. Was totally worth it desu

>feeding the troll
what is this 2006

Nice. Any plans for it?

I'd still want half that price, but I also don't need one half as new either.

The GS500 is objectively the best beginner bike.
> mileage
It's a mid-sized 4stroke twin cylinder bike, so it drinks less than 6 liters per 100 km.
> handling
It handles nothing like a supersport, spoiling you for when you get something else. But it can also corner much better than something like a cruiser, and actually uses its entire rear tire unlike a Ninja 250.
> brakes
They are complete shit and their only redeeming feature is that they're disc brakes. This is good because the longer braking distance forces new riders to plan ahead and start braking early. No ABS means they learn to brake properly I'd they don't want to get shrekt.
> power
It sits right at the power limit for A2 bikes which is great for euros. It's torquey enough to be faster off the line than most cars you'll encounter in the city. But it also feels relatively gutless so a) it's forgiving of mistakes and b) you can ride it at the limit without putting yourself into too much danger. It reaches up to 180 km/h which is fast enough for highway riding.
> carbs
It being carbed means that if you run into problems, you can learn to fix them yourself instead of heading to the mechanic every time.
> seating position
Upright, slightly forward means it's a neutral riding position so you can figure out what you want afterwards. The seat is relatively uncomfortable making literally every other bike after it will feel like heaven on your ass.
> price and availability
Parts and the bikes themselves are cheap and plentiful. If you crash and fuck up one of your fairings it's 40 euros to replace it with original parts. Engine needs little maintenance. Beginner riders are typically not financially independent, so this is a big plus for them.
> suspension
It's a budget suspension factoring into the overall low cost of getting a GS 500. If you want better suspension it's easy to swap. Therefore it gives beginners an opportunity to learn working on suspension while keeping the cost manageable.

2k is the lowest you'll be able to get an Evo Sportster desu. Any cheaper and you're getting a beat to death piece of shit

Get a battery tender for it, fix whatever lighting mod the previous owner installed. It looked like he had LEDs running under the tank, they barley light up though.

Kek. You going to throw a 1200 kit on it? Nice bikes though

>it took worst poster to fix the OP
BRAVO

Sounds like a great Euro bike, but how about for us Americans?

It's a bit in my language but you'll get it.

Motorcycling is just a VERY expensive hobby where I come from.

>inb4 hurr yuropeeeans commute more on motorcycles weee

Bullshit, I know people, who in fact commute less than a kilometer to where they work, IN THEIR CAR, might I add.

1200 kit soon™
I just gotta save up some money first and dump a good amount of mods on it

You don't have to live in Europe to want a cheap, reliable, easy to manage bike.

Man that's rough. I feel bad for you mayne. For 5k us you could get a really nice dyna wide glide it a used road King or any other big twin that's hit the bottom of the depreciation curve

kosovo je srbija

ZX6R 636 2013 onwards

You're the man now, dog!

Nice. Hot cams and a 1200 kit will make that thing a rocket. I've heard that 1200 swapped sportys are quicker than stock 1200s due to the 883 gearing. Enjoy it man

Trst je naš.

Indian > Harley

Find a used scout 60

Scout 60 isn't old enough to be cheap yet. Those fucker are still going for around 7k

Meh, still getting into it. Currently ride a 800€ chinese scooter. Getting an XT660X this year. Either that, or an FMX650.

Anyone now what brand of gear should I get? SPIDI got bretty gud, or should I go with something more familiar (eg. Dainese, Alpinestars etc)?

one word
>CB500

Check, and mate bro

sportster 883, street 500

Or Buell Blast if you can get over not having the Harley badge. It's super duper cheap.

It's 4th of July, post patriotic photos of your bikes

>a Honduh
>the worst Honduh in existence
>outdated
>boring
>shit to ride
>can't go fast
>CB500 riders LITERALLY have to digitally speed up their videos
>then crash and almost die when they ride a real bike
Don't make me laugh, this isn't a game.

>Suzuki
>Patriotic

I need to see a #MAGA hat or you're getting deported.

Murica

Post your beat to fuck track bikes

In McDonald's parking lot, it doesn't get more American than that

Thanks for fixing the OP links, I kinda broke them trying to fix them a day or two ago.

>subway in the same lot
>still went to McD's.

still a better bike than a GS500

>tfw it's chicken teriyaki or chicken fajita day
>tfw roasted chicken is permanently on sale as well

I was WOT going up a slight incline and it suddenly felt like the handle bars had no weight to them, was that the front wheel coming up? Shit spooked me.

Most likely. You get used to the sensations from the front and rear doing unusual shit after a while if you keep doing it.

it didn't necessarily come up but it probably had little to no weight on the front wheel

over 9000 hours in Pinta

Happy freedom day.

I prefer Subway too but McDonalds is quicker and requires less human interaction.

>I am not looking to sell this bike to a amateur rider

boulder.craigslist.org/mcy/6186344097.html

>learned to ride on a 600cc sports bike
>havn't ridden anything under 1000cc in almost a decade
>owned sports bikes and harleys for almost 10 years now
>engine fucked up, limp to service centre
>their loaner bike is a fucking scooter
>sit on this faggot machine
>it's... it's amazing

Like, i wouldn't take one into the mountains, but in the city holy shit why do i ride a full sized bike in the city?

I'm going to get one, just something small, nothing over 300cc at the most, hell a 125 is probobly enough, just for a city scooter.

I'll keep riding real bikes out in the country and on long fun rides, but holy shit scooters are so much better for the city!

>new to riding
>stuck on 125 due to licence limitations until i take a 15 hour course
>ride in the rain for the first time

ow, i fell.

Dude, yes. Scooters are hilarious, comfy, easy as fuck to ride. I'm sure the chucklefuck aspect wears off quick, but I ride my friend's scoot around the paddock all the time.

for cities it's just so easy
i stop at the lights, i don't have to clutch. no changing gears. and the turning circle holy shit i've never felt so stable at low speeds

Gotta be smooth with your inputs. Slow and smooth.

>no cbr qt to ride with

Well, the 600s and 1000s aren't really designed to go slow like a scooter and Harleys aren't designed to do anything but make noise.
Dude is balding.

>Or Buell Blast

JUST FUCKING NO

Agreed. Save yourself a headache and get an 883. There are several clean ones with low miles for about $2500 here in TN. There's a 2010 for only $2550 that has me thinking.

LOL wait no no no, fuck that. 27 degree lean angle, ahahahahahahahaha. I'd kill myself just trying to turn the thing.

Sitting in a Denny's since there were no Starbucks. Charging up all my devices and waiting to see if I gotta take a shit before I hit the road.

Pic was last night.

Like youd be able to use it all anyway road rossi

You're right, that's why the CB 500 is the Best Beginner Bike.
Oh wait, no it isn't, that title belongs to the GS 500.

it really is a good beginner bike tho

Doesn't take very much to hit 27 degrees. Especially on the street where I don't get off the bike at all.

i had literally never ridden in the rain. now i know in the rain breaks are a distant memory...
i just got new 100% synthetic oil as well, the bike sounded so damned good

clutch or no clutch?

>Sent an email to the exhaust guys and they said my exhaust will ship out on the 11'th
>mfw I ordered it 6 weeks ago.

I love spidi man.Great stuff, especially textiles

Fuck off Rasputin

While upright, the brakes are pretty damn good in the rain. But the cornering forces at play will ruin you if you're even just a little leaned over and stab the brakes. Just takes time. You'll get there.

how you been liking that mosko setup?
considering it for my smaller bikes but not sure i want to huck the coin

is the retard headlight on the XR good?

I'd get the 4seasons H2OUT. If it just wasn't 500 bucks, damn.