I thinking of investing in a new car. I'm 23, ~ok driver(do speed). Somethin compact like a Mazda6 or 3...

I thinking of investing in a new car. I'm 23, ~ok driver(do speed). Somethin compact like a Mazda6 or 3. RWD (Never driven) I'll be drifting. First car was 97 Jetta GL (Miss that gear shift) Also starting a business and bundling this car into an everyday/city/~toegay/compay car(Insert tofu joke). Any stories of Gains/ methods/ mishaps in these ideas?

I just bought a Mazda 6 TS2 on Sunday. Same as pic related but this isn't mine.

Some little scratches and faded paint, fag lighter doesn't work. Full service and mot history. Bought it off some Polski guy in Edinburgh who had it up on gumtree. Diesel. 63,000 miles. 2008 model

£2800 down from £3200.

I'm not the guy to get advice from desu. I'm 27 and this is my first 'proper' car. The previous one was a shitbox Vauxhall Astra. I've not gotten used to this Mazda yet nor would I be able to give an unbiased opinion on it.

Nevertheless, let me just say that I am in love with my new car. That's all.

I'd get a 86, not memeing. They're holding decent value and I'd expect this would hold up within the next 10 years. 350z's are just now starting to drop in price.

Also a Miata RF would be nice, but it's hard for a 20 year old to pull off a new miata. But a new FRS? Perfect car for your age.

>FRS
Second Choice.

2.0 or 2.2? I have a 2004 diesel 2.0

>investing
A new car 99% of the time is a bad investment. Do you mean your thinking of purchasing a new car?

Yes.

This, get an 86.
Never buy new though, always buy used, at least slightly used. You lose like 20% of value just driving off the lot.

Don't get the Miata. They're fucking great but they have a singular purpose and it's like living with a small truck with no bed. Drifting is for faggots and the wheelbase on the yacht is too short for it.

Go with the Mazda 3 hatch with the 2.5. Great car. Not sporty, but a lot better than the alternatives in its class and faster than 86 on top of being actually useful.

I'm also looking at Mazda 3 hatches. Would they be good in winter on 2 feet of snow and ice?

>faster than 86
...here we go again...

Not many cars have the clearance for that and I've never ran snow tires.

It's a work vehicle. All the matters is being able to safely merge onto the highway with a trunk full of crap.

I have a mazda 3 2.5 and its not faster than an 86

>They're holding decent value
Reasonable shape from 2013 already bottoming out below 12k.
They are wonderful cars but they are cheap and they will remain cheap.
I bought mine in 2014 used with 3k miles, from a dealer, below 20k.
DO NOT BUY THEM NEW unless you enjoy setting fire to piles of cash for fun.
Used, they are fucking amazing value.
The '17 and up 86's with the Toyota badge will hold value a little better than their scion-badged older siblings, I'd bet real money on that.
Having a backseat and a real trunk is seriously underrated. I sold my FRS and I am indignant as fuck every time I open the misshapen little trunk on my S2000.
I have friends with Miatas, the situation is even worse for them.

If you have the right tires, any car at stock height is fine in the winter, even on snowy days.
Source: years and years in CO and AK through many winters in a variety of RWD and FWD shitboxes with no ABS, no TC/SC, and just fucking fine.
That one day a year when you're the first guy down the street after a warm wet snowstorm is going to suck, but you're not gonna be prepared for literally anything... And most times you can just plow through it regardless.

I live in Canada so we have winter for about 6 months of the year or more. Don't want a truck and considering an SUV, but would rather have a car. Right now I have an RSX Type S and don't think it would fair too well.

>faster than 86
I call bs

what kind of business? will the car actually be tax deductible?

You can pretty much squeeze any type of car into any type of business. Luxury cars and regular passenger cars are taxed differently but both are deductible up to a certain degree.

You want to lease a Lamborghini which you will wrap with your company's logo for marketing/promotional purpose. Who the fuck is the IRS to tell you otherwise? Just keep track of the personal vs. business mileage and report it honestly. They can't do anything beyond that.

>Having a backseat and a real trunk is seriously underrated

>I'll be drifting
>everyday/city
>~toegay
>company car

Not going to happen. The suspension setups and tires for each one are too different - mostly because you asked about drifting. Everyday + touge is fine.

Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ is the only way to go if you're buying new. The Miata doesn't drift well, though it could probably be better for the touge.

>Reasonable shape from 2013 already bottoming out below 12k.

yea, salvaged title ones with 70k miles

i'm waiting for 2013 br-z's to bottom out at around $14k, they still seem be hovering around $18k

ohio fag

>investing in a new car

I'm curious as to what the Makita drill is for.

Battery impact wrench to change tires, I suppose.

get a used lexus SC300

OP here.
All the matters is being able to safely merge onto the highway with a trunk full of crap.
No. Tech/IT Biz. Safety minimel.

>Tech/IT Biz.
You're going to need a hatch. Give up on RWD.