What the hell happened?

What the are these stupid degenerates doing?
What steps would they have to take to become relevant again?

Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OH0zWrDi6GA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Stop producing cars with 78 horsepower

bring the Pajero back to the states

bring back several evos and vr4s and all the weebs would cream their pants
go back to wrc and dakar
offer hyundai-teir warranties
bring back the lancer
make all electric outlander
ditch current god awful design language

update the 20 year old pajero*
it's so good that even after all this time it's still selling well after a new engine option and some cosmetic changes
it probably paid for itself 20 times

Come on dude, the new Mitsu is based.
They brought back the Eclipse!
:^)

>stop trying to play catchup with the rest of the car industry (read: boring crossovers)
>bring back the Evo
>make a hybrid/electric/hydrogen powertrain that's reliable and fun to drive
>bring models to foreign markets with features that those markets may need or want

But who am I kidding? Mitsubishi will never do any of these, and if they do, Nissan will steal it and take all the credit.

By crushing all tritons and bringing back the l200s.

But the 3cyl a cute

They don't sell well enough. They need a vr4 that can beat the GT-R AND BE RELIABLE. And they need a low $20k rwd/awd sports car that younger people can afford. No one that can afford a $40k+ evo wanted an evo. And they don't make any good cars that cost less.

They could also make better 4x4 suv's and a bad ass truck.

I agree. They have the potential to be like Subaru and have a niche in the market but instead try to compete mainly on the crossover market which honda is dominating at.

Remember when the Japs made affordable cars that people wanted to drive?

Consolidating their product range and trying to improve profitability by only focusing on projects that are low cost (as that's all they can afford)

See:
>endlessly facelifted Lancer, Pajero (no money to develop new ones)
>Mirage (slapped together in 5min)

I just looked this up. I wish I hadn't. Genocide all crossovers and their owners.

I don't think they can ever recover their former glory. I mean at this point Kia makes a better car.

As a crossover owner I am even offended by what they did. It looks like a legacy. ford Taurus from the side. The rear looks like some honda hyundai colab and the front. Well the front is too late.

>the front is too late
It's ALL too late. Too late for Mitsu. Too late for us. Too late for cars.

>stop trying to play catchup with the rest of the car industry (read: boring crossovers)
This would make car enthusiasts happy, but they'd lose a ton of money if they did that. What they need to do is actually catch up with the rest of the car industry.

I don't understand what happened to Mitsu and how they've fallen so far. This is the Mitsu I want back youtube.com/watch?v=OH0zWrDi6GA

I think crossover's are mostly the result of trying to cater to the market that wants more than just a sedan or small hatch but can't commit to a full-size SUV. Call me crazy but I think something as dumb as the Murano CrossCabriolet could be cool if done right without massive downsides.

they're literally the same car

It's quite amazing to know that they have been using the same chassis for the Pajero for the past 20 years and still doing well.

>2017 lancer gsr
>100kw
>7.1L/100km
>same power as my 4afe e100 Corolla
>same fuel economy as my 156Kw k20z1 integra type s

Maybe they should produce cars that aren't a waste

Mitsubishi is barely part to the Mitsubishi conglomerate anymore.

The Mitsubishi mothership decided there wasn't enough money to be made making automobiles. And that its money was better spent elsewhere. It's on Nissan (1/3rd owner) now to make sure they don't go under.

This really. Mitsubishi takes a lot of pride in their motorsports history, but since the mid 2000's shifted their focus to EVs. They understood petrol is going to die out and wanted to be on the forefront of the technology. Their idea was they would be the number one make rolling around in 2025.

But Carlos Ghosn wants Nissan and Mitsubishi focusing on EV platforms for 2020. Which is smart because Mitsu did tons of testing at PPIHC for a more performance edge in electric powertrain.
We'll see how it goes. Driving your project car around in the future might have some yearly fine and use of extremely expensive and limited petrol.

>dont sell well enough
you've clearly never been to the middle east
i see more pajeros than corollas on a daily basis

yeah they seem to get away with that quite often

Mitsubishi also made shitty engines with oil pumps that liked to cavitate and cause oil starvation.

having to enlarge the oil galleries is a pretty common thing too mitsubishi made them too small on a lot of engines so they end up setting off the knock sensor

>more than a sedan
>less than an suv

What do you mean. This is literally who they are appealing to. Its a different package but the same demographic.

I had an '03 Lancer LS for several years. Dead solid car, quiet for its size, not fast but reasonably peppy for a 4-banger, good build quality, good interior materials and finish. Never once broke down on me in 4 years, just changed the oil and did tune ups, and I drove the shit out of it.

It was a serious rival to the Civics of the world back then - it saddens me what the company's become.

damn that's a sweet commercial. based mitsu

>competitive lancer evo
>use success in racing to market the rest of your shitboxes
>essentially become nissan

> they'd lose a lot of money
They already are. Every other auto maker has a crossover, and they're all usually better than whatever Mitsubishi has to put out. Mitsubishi is bringing nothing new to the table, so whatever they have now and whatever they plan on putting out will just sit on the lot, and they lose money there, too.