Why are there so few RWD new car options?

Why are there so few RWD new car options?

because FWD is superior in every way

dis

Fpbp

Most modern cars are big, fat, comfy, numb clouds that will never see any tracks or performance driving. fwd is more economical and gives you more interior room. The average person would not know the difference between a awd car and a rwd one.

>The average person would not know the difference between a awd car and a rwd one.

Meanwhile, FWD is getting better than RWD, thanks to its electric motor assist. Look at the New Type R.

>FWD is getting better than RWD

...at getting groceries and delivering pizzas. Yeah you can make them fun but you'll never beat rwd performance without dumping stupid amounts of money into them.

>FWD is getting better than RWD

gee willikers, it really has nothing to do with all automakers abandoning rwd for decades and then saying SEE THIS IS WHY WE DITCHED RWD. It's the same shit with auto vs manual. Manual could've been innovated just as much as auto if it wasn't for manual being forcefully dumped. So of course a drivetrain/transmission that has been refined for decades is better than one that was left to rot.

LMAOing at all these cuckolded manlettes having a meltdown attempting to defend their FWD econoboxes.

I'm looking at it, it's fucking hideous......do people actually think this is a good looking car? Also, oversteer is fun and fun > fast.

FWD is cheaper to design and build, and offers better gas mileage, better handling (especially in bad weather), and more interior room. There is literally no advantage to RWD.

>FWD
>better handling

That's adorable. FWD is boring.

manual is still more popular outside of north america. no excuse cuck, autos are better and fwd is better

Are you braindead? What the fuck does being boring have to do with handling in the snow?

>autos are better
Nowadays, with 8/9/10 speed automatics readily available, and most manuals having only 5 or maybe, if you're lucky, 6 speeds, I have to agree.

some people are only able to process 2 words at a time user, leave the kid alone, he probably had a fit just reading those two and couldn't even finish the rest of the sentence.

>FWD
>Better handling

>FWD is better

HAHAHAHA-Hahaha, try again, kid.

FWD, RWD, AWD. I've owned them all, in many different flavors. For the average consumer it won't make a huge difference unless they experience adverse weather.

The average enthusiast might notice a real difference maybe 15% over the course of their ownership.

A dedicated racing team would be able to take advantage of either drive train configuration.

Seriously, if you aren't throwing $10k into your car, you really can't justify any specific drivstrain over the other. Sure, you might go sideways every now and then with RED, or take advantage of AWD in the snow, or experience actual torque steer in FWD. But honestly, just get a car that suits your needs and wants while not excluding any particular car just because of something you may or may not even take advantage of.

Let's be real here.

Most of you are poorfags and if car makers made RWD of cars you like, you still wouldn't be able to afford it.

B8

>wanting a new car

>inferior to RWD in the dry
>inferior to AWD in the wet and snow

FWD is an econobox compromise.

>not wanting a new car
What are you, retarded? New cars are safer, fuel-efficient, more comfortable, and more fun to drive. Why are you still chugging around in an ancient shitbox?

soccer mom pls go

This triggers Veeky Forums faggots

Bait confirmed.

Or you actually think that heavier, less communicative and worse visibility = fun. In which, I'm sorry, my son. Tell your special needs teacher that she needs to do a better job with you.

>superior to rwd in the wet and snow

>less communicative and worse visibility
>what is increased road feel in steering
>what is "sport" suspension
>what is mandatory blind spot monitor, lane departure warning, and backup camera

>awd is superior to rwd in the dry

>thinking newer cars have better road feel when it's the polar opposite, you've clearly never driven an older sports car with a mechanical rack and pinion steering rack
>thinking that "sport" or adaptive suspension makes up for proper weight distribution and mechanical geometry
>blind spot/lane departure warning and backup cameras are for soccer moms too lazy to turn their fucking head

you ever try to drive up mud or snow?

>what are snow tires?

I've driven a Mustang year round in Chicago, it's actually fine, fun, even.

Because (((they))) dont think you deserve it.

>JEE TEE ARU and Civic Hatch with a couple of simple mods so close in times

If only it was a 2-door hatch instead, you could say that /ourguys/ have set records on the 'Ring.

Rear engine, rear wheel drive is equivalent to front engine, front wheel drive in absurdity and technological reach arounds to reach the same performance as a front engine, rear wheel drive car.

If you like Porsches, you automatically enjoy FWD cars as well. Let that sink in, faggots.

Are you mad?

RR at least puts the power to the correct wheels

LMAO!

Rearward weight bias is superior

Mr > Rr > mass market spec aka Fr

I bet you complain about the Toyota 86

>RWD
>Turn
>Accelerate
>Do donuts

because RWD is largely inefficient compared to FWD

Aren't 6 speeds the norm nowadays and 5 speeds are if you're "lucky" to get.

Millennials don't have any money.

Who's fucking fault is that? Boomers.

Yup and guess what they are buying? Four dour hybrids and SUV's

5sp is nw cheap shitbox new car
6 is the norm
7 in high end stuff

>All useless junk they tack on to drive the prices of cars up.
Why would anybody want an automated sport mode when sports cars exist? Blurring the lines between a commuter car and sports car can only be done by choosing to alter the cars design ans create something different than it was at the start. Rather than just having an electronic system make your car "feel" more tight in the corners.

Lmfao I thought 7 speed was just in corvettes and people were having sped rages about it

>Who's fucking fault is that? Boomers and (((them)))

fix'd

Because normies.

ITT: sour grapes

If you don't care about performance, FWD is superior.
>lighter
>less drivetrain loss so more fuel efficient
>no long driveshaft to worry about so more passenger space
>still allows makers to add shitty """AWD""" versions of their cars with only slight compromises to above points

>>still allows makers to add shitty """AWD""" versions of their cars with only slight compromises to above points
You call them shitty but that AWD there isn't for performance but for that extra traction. Otherwise 80% of the times the FWD is only functioning with all the power.

my friend told me the other day that he raced a mazdaspeed with his wrx and when they pulled up to the light afterwards the dude asked if it (the wrx) was fwd.

>mfw my country literally just got rid of their two last rwd cars

>cheaper to manufacture
>easier to drive in all conditions for your typical normie
>if you want something more than just FWD then it's better to just put in a Haldex """""AWD"""""

Outside of a track, FWD is better handling. The understeer is actually a good thing if you're a normie that does 50 kph tops. You don't want to be sliding around on public roads, mates.

>with his wrx
>FWD
If non-STI then it pretty much is.

>porsches steer with the rear wheels

This: FWD = Fast Wheel Drive

RWD = retard wheel drive
:DD

because FWD is cheaper to manufacture in every way

The Model 3 will be standard RWD.

They have 4ws on some models

Couple of busriders in this thread
Fwd is getting better and automatics are becoming better than manuals
btfo

FWD I'm racing is a joke. Look how Nissans stupid LMP GTR turned out kek

This car looks ugly as fuck, and insulting. Half the fucking riced out shit it has does not even serve a purpose.

A big wing when the car it's FWD? Fake escape exhaust ends? Back grids that pass no air?

This car was targeted at meme ricers and I am disgusted by it.

>any bmw (without mini)
>almost every mercedes
>toyobaru
>miata
>new twingo
>probably most of US "sporty" cars
What does he mean by this

it's not you know. RWD cars can be bashed together by cavemen.

FWD cars can be lower, more interior space and the traction is where the weight is always

What's wrong with FWD? It feels like pulling dead weight around? This projection only exists in your head.

mercs
bimmers
toyotas
murican shitboxes

my buddy has wagon c class and its fucking slamming

this exists because of FWD

>traction is where the weight is always
when a car accelerates, the weight transfers away from the front of the car, creating less grip for the front wheels. The physics of our universe thinks FWD is dumb

The wing is functional. Are you really implying that they're only useful for rwd? Most of the aero save the big black plastic panels are functional. Shit wouldn't have done as well on the nurburgeroad if it didn't.

Bitch you got like every fucking bmw Chevy SS charger Challenger mustangs Camaros 370z some infinities (Nissans with leather) any damn pic up truck gt86/brz Miata c300 CTS V man wtf you crying about damn it pick one

try finding a new rwd 4door (big enough for two kids, but not a land yacht) manual......go look who makes them you won't find many options.

hmmmmmmmmmm

RWD is exclusive to those who can afford a nice sports car. Your faggy honda is gay as fuck, no matter how much money you spend on aftermarket parts.

>wing on the back of a FWD car
>no purpose
Are you saying there's no point in rear downforce/traction just because the front is the drive wheels? Buy a FWD shitbox and replace the rear wheels with those omnidirectional casters, see how it goes. Faggot.

Why the FUCK is this car so sexy

god I want one

Wouldn't RR with a transaxle be the same in terms of cost and reduce tyre wear?

That's a 205 t16, the awd homologation special for group b

can i put my ecoboost engine 2.0t in a bmw 2002, or e30?

>buying a new car
>buying a fun car

CHOOSE ONE (1)

>modifying a 2002 or e30

Women? Absolutely
I've seen so many boomers in boring cars.

For the average normie a fwd with 300 HP and a slushbox is the car to end all cars assuming that fuel economy isn't an issue.

>tfw 4 speed

tfw no 3 speed

those are too expensive

Because a company has already perfected the concept.

>Having no kicked back into seat feel
Why even live my man

>knowing this little about anything

kek. meet me at the time attack world championship, busrider.

>All these deluded FWD ricers