Wiring Problems Cause of Engine Swap

I'm retarded with electronics, what tools do I need and what should I know when I need to get to wiring when I perform an engine swap?

Another note, the engine will be a different brand from the car.

Soldering iron and wiring harness diagrams for both cars

This. And heat shrink and a heat gun. Then get to work nigga.

Where can i find wiring harness diagrams?

how about you buy the fucking books for both vehicles?

Pic related? Carb it.

>engine will be a different brand from the car
Just stop.

No shit, as stated before "I'm retarded" means I'm gonna ask stupid fucking questions that probably have simple answers

Fuck off, if I want to learn how to do an inter-brand engine swap, then I'm gonna fucking do it.

rip

>posts pic of a fox
>swapping different motor thats not ford

...i-is that gonna be...ANOTHER LS FOX?

JK, well, I'm assuming it is gonna be an LS swap in something. I mean DESU, they make aluminum SBF blocks for like 1000 dollars.

But in general, not only will you probably have to clear things like strut towers, the K member, and god knows what else (you need room for headers, power brakes, and so on). You need to make sure it will mate to the trans, and you might need to have a driveshaft shop help with final fitment. There are bellhousings for any conventional swap, for instance, LS to Ford Tremec, or whatever you're doing.

Now, once shit fits, you're gonna have to do all harnesses and wiring. So, a fuel system and rails/injections, then the fuel injection harness, and lots of little vacuum shit and the wiring for those. Yes, its a lot of work but you'd have to do this with ANY complete motor swap.

In my opinion, you need to find somebody local that is knowledgeable about whatever motor you're swapping. Some people know every little detail about the wiring and vacuum routing shit, that just takes time and owning the car to learn.

Tell us what motor and I could give specific advice

Keep in mind I'm retarded:

I want to do an engine swap of a fox that I don't own with an engine taken from a honda civic, preferably a type r.

I know that you have to buy a shit ton of other shit to change the engine from fwd to rwd but that's why this is just planning the plan.

F20C is a RWD honda 4cyl with a 6 speed manual. They put them in AE86's and S chassis often.
If you have to even ask you cannot pull it off. Kill yourself.

Nah faggot, I want to learn so might as well ask dumbass questions and have even more dumbfucking ideas.

>I want to learn so I might as well shitpost instead of actually educating myself.
Sounds like you don't want to really learn.

Then tell me how I can pull it off then. I don't need bullshit like the last part of your post.

Look dude, you had to fucking ask where to find wiring diagrams.
If you can't figure out that one thing, I have absolutely 0% faith in you being able to complete the said swap.
Refer to the bullshit in the last part of my post.

You'd really have to know what you're doing for that swap, and you said yourself that you don't.
Veeky Forums's busriders can't walk you through it and the Ferd community will shit on you as well because they'll think it's retarded, so aside from tuner guys who don't touch Fords, you're shit out of luck on assistance. The only way to pull it off will be under your own knowledge. Aside from wiring, you'll have to do a shit ton of fabrication to get the engine and trans to sit in the bay correctly as well.
It sounds cool on paper, but this is one of those builds that could take you years of work if you're just starting out. The best way to learn is to read up some well documented F20 swaps into other cars and apply that to the Fox, but it's obvious that you're too uneducated at the moment.

I don't need your faith, I just need an answer.

>I already said "I'm retarded"
>"it's obvious that you're too uneducated"

Thanks for the help though.

That's the thing. This is going to be a swap where you can't find answers, because nobody has done it. If you can't find the answers to basic shit on your own, how the fuck are you going to figure out the stuff that has not been answered?

Saying you're retarded isn't a get out of jail free card.
Stop being butthurt and accept the little help you will recieve here.

>I want to do an engine swap of a fox that I don't own with an engine taken from a honda civic, preferably a type r.
>I know that you have to buy a shit ton of other shit to change the engine from fwd to rwd but that's why this is just planning the plan.