What happened to the cheap RWD turbo? At the moment, no one is making them

What happened to the cheap RWD turbo? At the moment, no one is making them.

Cheapest ones are the bmw 328i for mid 60k. What happened to the era of the Nissan Silvia? The Skyline? The Supra? The rx7/rx8?

Why is no car company making them anymore? Is everyone that obsessed with econoboxes?

FWD are better, that's what happened

>Nissan Silvia? The Skyline? The Supra? The rx7/rx8?

those were never cheap. but yeah. everyone is doing hot hatchbacks now. kinda sucks.

Can you imagine that the fastest and most expencive supercars still use RWD or rear bias AWD? Those rich engineers must be retarded.

Well the focus RS is RWD I believe

We talkin about cheap cars. Apart from 0-60 times, FWD wins everytime in every single aspect

It's 2017. Driving a FWD with all the electronics is sooo easy, smooth and stable. Plus reduced weight, easy to manufacture, flawless modern designs ( the focus rs is still a fwd based hatch)

Hell, tool the americucks 15 years to realize now they are falling for the Fwd

its awd

>sooo easy, smooth and stable
aka a boring as fuck snooze fest. Perfect for the todays nu-male.

what is the ecoboost mustang for $400

90s must have been brilliant time to be alive.
fuck i was born in 96 world is going to shit, but will to owning merc c63 or panamera keeps me away from killing myself

This.
>I can't control RWD so FWD is better
Cucks these days...

>Nissan Silvia? The Skyline?
Nissan went down the shitter in the last 15 years
>supra
Never again toyota
>rx7/8
Rotariea are literal trash

The fiata is turbo and rwd, but not that cheap

Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0l turbo
Ford Mustang ecoboost 2.3l turbo

Is FWD cheaper because of some universal law or just because over the past 30 years it has had billions of R&D dumped into it while RWD chassis died one after another in the period?

Cheaper thanks to no driveshaft, rear differential, and rear transaxle plus with fwd econoboxes you can toss in a shit rear suspension and drums. Fwd is also safer in poor driving conditions, so it has a broader appeal to the less talented drivers.

Fwd is cheaper because there's no driveshaft going to the back connecting to a large rear axle. Plus it's easier to make when it's transversely mounted up front. Less material and less engineering involved.

far cheaper in terms of overall materials required, manufacturing, parts count, assembly time, and vehicle dimensions
when you are talking about 100,000s and 1000,000s of cars, even say $500 or just 1 hour saved on manufacturing each car is a lot of costs saved

>Supra adjusted for inflation is over $80,000
>Silvia adjusted for inflation is over $40,000 (even 240SX is close to $40,000)
>Skyline even more expensive
>RX-7 adjusted for inflation is over $60,000
>RX-8 adjusted for inflation is about $40,000 (and never had a turbo stock)

so the 124 Mustang and Genesis are all cheaper you could turbo a Toyobaru for less as well

hell even something like a Cayman 4C or Quadrifoglio is cheaper than something like a Supra

pic related

>inb4 slow meme

not turbo, but used 86 +turbo is cheaper than

All wheel but can be dedicated RWD if you select "drift mode" or "track mode", idr which

The turbo variant of those cars were never cheap. and the RX8 never came with a turbo

>slower and quieter than honda shitboxes old enough to drive themselves
>a new camry manages to make like 268 horsepower but Toyota forgot to give any horsepower to the toyoburu for the same price

none of those cars were cheap in their day

Winrar

Camaro 2.0T also

What are the not cheap ones then?

What? See