youtube.com/watch?v=2nhn_XimTas
twitter.com/AnonBabble

still the best racing game ever made don't @ me

I'm more of a Carbon guy.

Yeeeeees.

youtube.com/watch?v=4nN6rbLSYhk

>200 mph dodge viper drifting non-stop

Replay UG through Most Wanted and come back with the same opinion, I dare you

is this the game they made initial d with?

I hated how it simply wasn't possible to make muscle cars fun in that game.

I had UG2 on gamecube and i loved the shit out of it. The gsx was my go to.

Shoulda played Midnight Club 3.

not the same guy but I did that quite recently. last year to be more precise.
both ug2 and most wanted hold up incredibly well, with ug2 having the most replay value.
finished ug2 like 4 times in the course of 2 months and I would still gladly play it.
>dat beautiful art direction
>dat excellent map design
>dat enjoyment from just driving around
it really is unparalleled even today.
I still play the new need for speed(2015) and try to actively ignore the handling since it's the closest thing I can get to ug2 again.

I wish EA would stop being cocksuckers and stop it with the bullshit MUH SPLOSIONS MUH ACTION DRIVING le u 2 can be a hero xD.

I hoped against hope that in 2017 they would build on what 2015 was and fix the handling, but instead, they shit on everything they did right and did a complete 180 again... fucking faggots

Mah nigga. Nikki was my first crush.

fucking 35 yo nostalgic manchildren always in these threads hyping up old shitty games. almost every racing or driving game released in the last 5 years is better and more fun than any old ps2 racing game

.t pasty faced 14 year old

>put everything for max acceleration
>except for transmission, which youll set for top speed
>suspension set to oversteer
>drift tires

Watch how youll overtake everyone before the first corner in any canyon duel

UG 2 (countless hours on ricing)
MW (countless hours in cop chases)
Pro Street(very underrated)
Those 3 are my perfect NFS games.

I owned Pro Street and found it boring as shit, it was just a racing game and nothing else, no free roaming, it was just weird for some reason, Shift was better

>not crushing on Best Girl Yumi

Your carfu is shit

Daily reminder that UG1 is the best racing game of all time, UG2 and MW a shit

When I was playing NFSU2, I didn't even know the GT-S was THE tofu meme machine. I just thought it was another 80s shitbox like the Tercel or Accord.

>not playing the superior street racing game

>street racing
>closed in on all sides in an unimmersive manner

die in a fire

>old ps2 racing game
ahem

RIDERS ON THE STORM

>too soon junior

This game was fucking tits back in 2004. If you weren't playing this, watching Pimp my Ride, and looking for the cheapest ways to add horsepower to you and your friend's shitboxes back in 2004, you weren't living.

Hell, you were probably born in 2004

I'm only 21 and was playing classic NFS back then, watching Pimp My Ride, and having autistic arguments about which supercar was cooler. Granted I was a child but still. If someone wasn't around for that they could have still played newer street racing arcade games that were similar to the older PS2 games, things like Midnight Club: LA and PGR3/4 or NFS:Carbon on 360/PS3. Anyone who wasn't around for that at least is a troll, underage, or a very late bloomer with a huge backlog they need to clear before they should be posting.

picked the best one. this will be the ps4 equivalent, therefore better

i played all those games as they came out and did watch pimp my ride. they were fun at the time but stop these fag nostalgia threads with these child fag games. racing games now are better, more fun and more real

Low effort, kys

>need for speed

plebs, posting THE best rice games

>No GRID 2 Posted

Cucks

youtube.com/watch?v=U55rIZb7Imw

youtube.com/watch?v=AAAK9msTyVQ

Initial D GRID

>mfw undergroundbabbies near me think riced out shitbox simulators are better in any possible way than the holy trilogy of NFS2/HP/IV

Grid 2 is objectively shit.

Grid 1 is better.

Carbon was the best of rice trilogy

this
youtube.com/watch?v=aVQSX32e9Pg

My fucking man. This is how I fell in love with the lotus elise.

>not using the norep mod to not have to rice the car
pleb

I played through MW again a year or two ago and fucking loved it, been thinking about finding UG 1/2 to finally beat them because I couldn't when I was a kid.

what is the best racing game on Steam? I got Beam.NG which is fun as fuck but it's not a racing game, I loved NFS underground and also gran turismo 3 so anything like those where you can buy mods like that and race is good

I'm gonna say GRID. Semi-realistic with great cars, but DLC paywall locks a good chunk of them away from you by default.

Probably grand theft auto desu.

This!
Probably the only good REGULAR cars racean ever produced.
Also, atmospheric as fuck.

If you give this man a ride

Hot Pursuit was fucking incredible, used to spend so many hours daily playing that on my dads old shitbox pc back in 04.

>chasing down M3 E46s and Porsche 911s in a C5 Z06 police car through fast as fuck beautiful snowy mountain roads, being amazed at the change in physics and handling characteristics as you slide around and drop spike strips out your cars ass, waiting for the two racing each other to pass by on the next lap and get fucking rekt when they fail to avoid the strip or hit a concrete wall of a road block that you instructed the AI to place on the road.

Best car game ever desu, shortly followed by Codemasters' 1nsane, and Richard Burns Rally after that.

So it was realistic in one aspect at least

Must be because I have no nostalgia for UG2, but to me it is the weakest one, equal to Carbon and only better than Undercover.
Yes, it has more customization than UG, but it had become pure rice.
The AI pulled some serious bullshit, more so than in UG or MW.
Navigating the city became tedious and the races eventually became pure grind.
UG had that tiny, one sentence personality before each one, while the first UGL and last had the same "you a nobody, kid".
The main villain was so autistic he just felt like a kid throwing a tantrum.
While I am not saying NFS has some amazing story, atleast in UG you could see Eddy climbing ranks and in MW Razor was at the top of the list. UG2 had to constantly remind you about the fag.
Without nostalgia UG2 simply just does not deliver

>the real understeer simulator

since this thread derailed already
youtube.com/watch?v=fa-aWbuDafc
>that comfy rides through Alpes
>that 50 years of automotive industry
>amazing soundtrack
>not posted yet
Are you fucking gay?

>that comfy rides through Alpes
Cote D'Azur track was also quite comfy.
Also, factory driver mode was freaking awesome.
>Are you fucking gay?
Yes I am.

NFS IV: High Stakes is even better and I highly recommend you play the PC version if you've never tried it, as it includes all the tracks from NFS3. The PS1 versions of High Stakes supposedly has slightly better handling, but no performance-damage model at all and that's one of the big things that makes High Stakes TECHNOLOGY-tier.

>driving behind someone through gravel, they kick up rocks and crack your windshield which is not only visible in the first person cam but stays broken until you pay to fix your car
>drive the speed limit and cops will ignore you
>day/night versions of every single course with toggleable weather as well
>3d modeled interiors for every car
>damage model that, while somewhat rudimentary (split between engine/steering/body/suspension), is detailed enough that if you drive like shit you'll lose and wallriding is an easy way to never win
>getting into a head-on crash in a rear engined car won't damage the engine but will do hell on your steering and body, while front-engine cars will take damage as normal
>fucking varying gear ratios in a mid-90's arcade game, i.e. the unlockable pace car Camaro can spend most of a race in 4th while the normal catfish constantly has you hunting, both have the same top speed
>turn your headlights and interior lights off and go full dagumi to surprise people; there's a chance the fucking AI will actually do this to you while racing, whether it's a feature or a bug I don't know

Porsche Unleashed is even better technology wise and has absolutely fantastic courses, but the limited car roster is a killer for me and NFS4 having both its own tracks AND 3's ridiculously memorable scenic hometowns and hellish dystopias edges it out in my book.

STANDING ON THE EDGE OF THE EARTH

Everyone always shits on HP being one of the worst, but the map and physics were pretty fun in my book

He means the original Hot Pursuit, AKA Need for Speed III.

Im playing trough PS2 Most Wanted together with a friend right now. It's holds up remarkably well. We only have to beat Razor and have a fully junkman'd RX7 and Elise. Going bout 3 fiddy ain't no biggy.

>carbon
>not Porsche Unleashed
>mfw wall-riding 959s online at Monaco

And for those so interested you can still play online using IPLounge.

came here to post this.

>tfw have the ORIGINAL 1994 Need for Speed for DOS on a Pentium II Windoze 98 laptop

I loved doing the Monaco races as previously mentioned, damage off, with completely stock 959s, with a full room of people like 8 racers or something like that, hours and hours of lulz. Factory driver was awesome. Shame on EA for not including best Porsche the 917 in the superior PC version but including it in the console version.

my nigga, bugeye all day erry day

Best PS3 racing game hands down.

Burnout Paradise is my least favorite in the entire franchise. They got progressively worse from day 1.

Favorite racing game to this day. I wish it had more cars though.

>tfw Club Paris starts playing
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1499129796072.webm

>probably the only good regular cars racer ever produced
MSR was basically the prologue to PGR, which (aside from 3) have a lot of shitboxes.

Need some help guise

Carbon
Is it possible to win all boss cars with pink slips?
What are all the exclusive upgrades from bonus cards?
How unlock Plymouth Roadrunner?
Is it actually this hard to beat a single muffsucking race in Darius' territory or do I just suck a slight bit less now?

>Plymouth Roadrunner
Carbon is probably the worst game in the whole series for including cars that you can't use in the story mode. You can only unlock it for quick race through leveling up online (the servers are down, by the way).

>be stupid kid
>go to friends house to play videogames
>play street racing game and love it (nfs underground)
>go to store and ask for street racing game
>buy pic related, and get made fun of for months by classmates for owning this game

Is UG2 worth checking out today? I only ever had UG1 and I loved that one.

Carbon might be my favorite. I loved the crazy amount of customization with the body sculpting, more vinyl options, and actual tuning. After many, many attempts, the only time I ever managed to beat the cops was in the Mitsubishi Eclipse. After destroying 99 cars they just stop coming.

The rubber banding annoyed the hell out of me though. And as said, the muscle cars sucked. Couldn't drive two feet without spinning out.

Yumi a CUTE

>not inviting buddies over to fap to that cover
wew

Grid 2 is good fuck are you on about. Even better on PC with the cockpit mod.

One thing that sucks though is that extremely tiny deadzone where you lose all control of the car, that can fuck right off but also fixable with mods

Fuck I got it all wrong, It was Hot pursuit I was thinking of, not high stakes (I think).
Either way, incredible game.
youtube.com/watch?v=3emBMtBlnpw

FUCK ME IN MY ASSHOLE I MEANT HIGH STAKES

HIGH

STAKES

THE EUROPOOR VERSION WAS TITLED "NFS: ROAD CHALLENGE"

HIGH

STAKES

It's okay user, you played a good game and know in your heart it's leagues better than that Underground crap, and that's all that matters.

>captcha: Atlantica 4700

As cool as NFSU2 was, it didn't have the magic for me of the earlier games. Nor was it anywhere near realistic.

This was also a good one I spent too many hours indoors playing. The damage model was rly good and impacting with anything or rolling over would damage your wheels/axles, even warp the chassis and result in the car being less controllable.
The AI was also so good at times it was like playing online multiplayer against real people.

youtube.com/watch?v=7mo3Ce7ebNw

Modern games a shit

>tfw you will never live in Oakville/Hometown

Move to anywhere in NW Arkansas

>that music

oh

my

god

youtube.com/watch?v=T3PwqBBZUaE

The best driving game of the 90s.
A real mans driving game

anyone else play this one?

;-;
I may have on a PS1 at some point.

Those old rally games were good as fuck.

>tfw no ps2 with WRC2~4

NFS series always had the best soundtracks

youtube.com/watch?v=ziX_f7rdFD4&list=PLEF7E01B7DC443E49&index=11

Kill yourself

>pursuit system copy-paste from Most Wanted, but every indicator except for the evade/busted bar was gone
>city layout sucked
>pursuits themselves too easy because every car weighed 10 tons
>No garage capacity
>europoor soundtrack
>tier system
>every other reward was online-only
>no way to earn money again in Career asides from cheating
>shitty physics

>Not Viper Racing

This.
It was absolutely impossible to not be constantly understeering in that game, the handling in GT2 was much better

youtube.com/watch?v=2nhn_XimTas
So fucking good, goddamn.

>Saki Kaskas
RIP

Man, there were something about late 90s- very early 00s racing games that makes them so special.
Some kind of atmosphere I guess.
>MSR was basically the prologue to PGR
Is PGR worth playing?

The streets are closed off in the context of the game. It's a legal street racing game.

>tfw nobody makes Sega Rally track mods for sim racers
If someone could get on that, that'd be great.

>Man, there were something about late 90s- very early 00s racing games that makes them so special.
That was a golden age for games in general

>is PGR worth playing?
Yes. The first and third games aren't as good, but the second and fourth are amazing.

Found the pleb and moron, outrun 2,flatout 2,midnight club 2,sega rallies, colin mcraes, burnout 3 etcetcetc all the modern shit is muh realizm yawn fest with wank music and no character.

Nice Mazdaspeed kit, Bro!

Just saw some PGR 2 screenshots and holy shit how do they managed to pull this off. I mean, it's a PIII@733 and modified geforce3 chip. Fucking miracle.

>not playing the most underrated, the best handling and the comfiest ps2 racing game with the best car list ever

Not the HP2010 user but I legitimately enjoyed the new one as well. Especially the rapid response challenges. Those were too fun.

>ctrl+f
>No TOCA

C'mon, literally the best racing game on PC.

This is my favorite racing game ever.
Back on the UG/UG2 topic, I seriously don't fucking understand why EA doesn't make a new Underground. A fuck ton of fans have asked for it, it is guaranteed to sell. Did they lose the Underground trademark or something? Or are they just that stupid?