/brit/ - Brit/o/ General

YES. It is a /brit/ thread. A fair few weeks since I last had one up, coincidently the same time the new season of Twin Peaks started.

Anyway, shall we get on with it lads?

----

A thread for the British denizens of Veeky Forums.

Brit/o/ Garage: brit-o.co.uk/

----

Upcoming Brit/o/ Events:

It's all fucking kicking off this week!

WELSH TOUGE RUN TONIGHT

PEAK DISTRICT TOUGE RUN FRIDAY

...And don't forget! Less than ONE MONTH to go until...
!!!Ultimate Street Car (USC)!!!
What: A car show where loads of chavs show up and show off their Limited Edition Corsas and financed Golfs on airbags. Also drag-racing, live music, and poledancing.
Where: Santa Pod Raceway (Northamptonshire)
When: 4th-6th August 2017

----

Recent Happenings:

Nothing recent, but either in this thread or the next there'll be plentiful accounts of H O T driving from both touge runs.

----

Threads are a rarity as we mostly hang out in our own dedicated Slack chat. If you want in, just post up your email (it can be a throwaway), and you'll be invited in. We do actually discuss things of an automotive nature, don't fear. It's not all degeneracy.

Other urls found in this thread:

pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1545099
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

we have a yurt for friday come o n d o w n

also post cars

>not taking your car on the strip

Third for loose nuts

did it make it to the end

nth for 2 wheels?

Are front plates required in all areas of the UK?

Here we have some states that don't require them or if you have a nice car you can put them in the front windshield. They just really kill the look of a lot of cars.

Yeah so they can catch us on the BIG BROTHER NETWORK easily and fine us all our wages.

all uk requires front plates, though my last car came with the front plate on the dashboard and I just left it there with no problems

Yeah, front plates are a legal requirement on all cars. Bikes obviously can't have front plates.

You can get away with running plate stickers on your bonnet etc if you have a kit car iirc, and some people do the same on cars with bodywork that doesn't allow for plates, original or modified, but police can be iffy with it.

>Bikes obviously can't have front plates.

Even mopeds can outrun the panda cars the Old Bill have anyway so it don't matter

You clearly aren't an avid INTERCEPTORS fan. They got wikkid sik cars now.

Doesn't matter about having a plate when you're incapable of breaking any laws :)

I've always wanted to get pulled over just so I can say "I've seen enough Police, Camera, Action to know where this is going"

I should really post on slack more desu

I'm looking to get a Micra for around 100 pounds as something to fix up to learn about cars, but the only place I've reliably found them for this price is eBay. Is it safe to buy one for eBay or am I in for huge amounts of rust?

you can always go and view the car no? if it's that far away that it's a hassle to get it back then a 100 quid micra becomes more with the added costs

Yeah, I just wasn't sure if with eBay you had to pay without seeing it due to some of them being bidding only, I guess I could probably go see it before bidding was over though.

nah you can always view before you buy, most people recommend it because they don't want some bozo turning up to pay for the car and actually realising it's a dog and walking away

Good point. Thanks for the help.

stick on front plates are illegal UNLESS you own a Jaguar E-type. This particular exemption was put in to law by some MP who owned one.

Basically if you're not driving like a cunt you'll get away with one, if you're ripping HEKTIK SKIDZ in maccy d's carpark, you'll get the £1000 fine on top of the rest of constable freemason's wishes.

>tfw not able to run with the boys this week

Wish I could run with 'em too

When is the welsh touge run?

And where?

thats gone!

friday tho peek district is gonna be sick

They aren't allowed to chase motorcycles if the rider isn't wearing a helmet.
These have been illegal on new bikes since the 60s or 70s.
Micra rust is endemic and real
pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1545099
You got a source on that, ugly?

How do I make sure it isn't going to rust to death?

Source on what? the DVLA said the stick on plate is illegal but the e-type is exempt because it came like that and it's the only time they'll ever make an exception.

the thing about an MP i read online somewhere. It was on the internet, it must be true.

any bikes here?

You repair the rust that's there I guess.
The E-type plate is STILL illegal but no one cares

No shit ones m8 sry

m8 let me be real for a sec. you can spend 10k on a micra. it will have rust.
you want a car that will outlast you apart from rust? you want a car with an mot? get a micra for £300 with a dodgy as fuck mot and leave it is as that. you'll have hektic fun keeping the foot well buried in all gears. its not 2010 anymore, though so it will last you till the day mot runs out and you have to spend 1000k+ for welding repairs.

its not shit just slow

Yes (although this one is dead I think)

So it'll be pretty much impossible to find one without rust on vital/expensive components?

Some will be better nick than others. I would always check them out in person though. They are simple and bulletproof but rust is the main thing to look out for

>missed another one

Fug

Just a thread lurker for now until you faggots set up an event I can attend

Do we have a British version of the sticky image with all the good cars you can get for under a grand? Looking to buy my first car soon, instead of using me mum's autotragic hyundai.

MIATA
IS
ALWAYS
THE
ANSWER

This should probably go in a QTDDTOT lads, but I got a problem. Bought a LR 110 1998 with a 200TDi, been fixing up the obvious issues to get MOT ready.

Due today for the test, and the fucker wouldn't start. Jumping did nothing either, engine tries and fails to turn over. Solenoid? Starter motor connections?

This is my second Landy and I'm already in love, despite being a fucking rustbucket.

*1988 woops. Hence the problems.

start with the solenoid then maybe check for a loose ground?

we have one friday. where do you live?

Manchester but I'm working Saturday and I have to be up at 5am.

ah lame peek is pretty close. join the slack

Not that guy, but how do I join the slack?

Bro, that overtime pay is too good.

post your email, even a temp one

[email protected]

sent ;)

>b-b-b-but mr. noseberg will pay me 0.1 more shekels to work late into the night

good goy

More like Mr.Nice Boss will pay me 1.5x rate for 6 hours, while only working for 4 hours.

Nice McJob you got there

>pay goyim to work overtime
>the goys think they are getting a good deal
>lose all their free time
>become depressed, commit suicide
>less and less white men due to all killing them selves
>staceys forced to fuck mohamed and tyrone because all the white guys offed themselves because they fell for the jewish scheme
>england becomes bongistan, only inhabited by sandniggers and half casts
>avegage intelligence takes a dive
>the jew can manipulate the goys much easier now

le_happy_merchant.jpeg

remember user, with jews you lose

could i get a slack invite?

[email protected]

I keep finding pictures of my car on image hosting sites

Just bought myself this after crashing my last car a few weeks ago.
Also can someone invite me to the slack chat
[email protected]

Sent ;)

Lads, got a new job as an archaeologist so I'll be needing to upgrade from my Fiesta pretty soon
I'm looking at an estate or a smaller 4x4 with up to about 6k to spend, would a non-riced WRX estate be a good option? Be less soul-sucking than an old Rav4 or Freelander

Great choice mate, any on rollystonytrader?

Probably still handles better than an American car

Buy a Micra with 12 months MOT, ignore all the issues and sell after a year and buy something good nigga

Ultimate Street Car?

BampuPantsu

Are vanity plates expensive in bongland?

Yes and they're also for faggots and daddys money women.

if you want an edgy plate for car shows just get one made up saying whatever you want and put it on when you get there.

if you want B1G D4VE on your leased range rover then literally auschwitz yourself

Wow, that's pretty different here. Usually you can see some pretty funny plates occasionally. Do you have licensed plates, like say of a sports team or is it always that yellow color?

White front plates, yellow rears.

Black plates for real old cars

out of the sea of literaly stripper-name plates ive seen one that made me smile, a SL55 AMG with "LOL V8".

Who else /rust/ here? Arches have been going for a while and already had my sills welded. Fucking salt.

I heard that merc own CL55AMG and SL55AMG and used them on demo cars

Vauxhall do the same with DE51RED

LOVE THIS CAR

Also did snake pass in this at 2 in the morning in fog last week it was scary as shit. i live in derby. Quad tailights is at least 1/10th of a skyline though lol

name an 70s-80s car that is enjoyable to drive with low insurance cost

PLEASE

Mini

cheers

MK3 supra (late 80s)

dolly sprint

its amazing how fast this car feels. It's one of those slow fast cars, if it's a manual and you remove noise isolation, it feels like a fucking rally car. Sadly is300 was only offered in auto

I would love a Dolly Sprint

I should really buy one desu, but living in a shitty area and storing it would be a pain

Ford Fiesta

Bump!

Any tooj reports from either runs?

Yeahhh my IS200 bois

CAREFUL

How easy is it to renew a Driver's licence m8's?

Mine's up this September.

Wales went smoothly. Still waiting on pics etc

its as simple as sending off a form, and possibly a picture if you look different

Happy days. Cheers.

what are the pros and cons of a jaguar xk8 ?

pros:
it's a jaguar

cons:
it's a jaguar

Great cars and v cheap for what they are but bad electrics.

DON'T MESS WITH WAIFU

~!!

>B1G D4VE
me desu

>B1G D4VE
>Not Brave Dave
Disappoint