I have a problem

I have a problem
I'm really considering getting an rx8. I know it's a bad idea and the ammount of shit people will give me is horrendous but I really just like the rotary. I know it's a death trap on the used market because people who buy them don't know how to maintain it. Either way, it's an awful idea and I'll get shit on by everyone if I go through with it. convince me not to get it.

Other urls found in this thread:

rx8club.com/new-member-forum-197/new-potential-owners-start-here-202454/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pls

Enjoy getting more use out of the starter motor instead of the rotary.

Here's a quick rundown on maintenance.

The car's face looks retardedly happy to mask the shit it houses inside

Thanks!

I'm gonna get one
I don't give a shit about your renesis meming because it's going straight out for a 20b or even 26b

Lmao I'm dailying an FD I imported, just make sure you inspect every failure point before you drive it a lot. People seem to forget that these are still Japanese cars and are simple to work on as a result.

Don't get it if you can't wrench yourself, though. Retards are afraid of these cars because retards break these cars because they can't even treat piston engines properly. As a result, most shops won't touch it, or will charge you a ton to do so.

This is as complicated as it gets, and this is NOT as convoluted as it looks. You have a lot less to deal with in an RX8. Stop being a pussy and get one, they're awesome.

Meant to post this pic

I'm going to stop being a pussy and get one

You're going to fucking love it, I promise. The handling is amazing and the smoothness is supernatural.

>all a/t's are 4 port

Incorrect, only the 03 - 05 a/t is 4 port, 06 - 11 are all 6 port with a 6 speed a/t

Looks like a car for 15 year olds

Impossible to maintain or repair. Owners have them for 3 years tops before selling in fucked up condition

This thing feels so good to drive

AYY

t. someone with no expertise of any kind of engine or car

AYYYY

Also, an exhaust upgrade is almost MANDATORY on them imo, the better it's breathing out the cooler it will be and stress the engine less. Rotaries love breathing out, because combustion is always taking place.

If you really must have an RX8 just overpay for a clean one with low miles at dealer that will offer an extended warranty

AYYYYYY

GL finding a 6 year old car at its latest model with low enough miles that a dealer will agree to a warrenty for.

Sick v mount man. I can't wait to do that myself

see
Also, do realize that you WILL be rebuilding the rotary. Once the Renesis engine gets to 100k, it's only a matter of time before a rebuild. The RX8 is great as a weekend car, but only a fool would daily one. I honestly rather get an rx7, the NA rotary in the rx7 can easily go to 200k if given proper maintenance. I still don't know how Mazda fucked up the rx8 so badly.

It was expensive, around 3k, because I can't weld aluminum.

It's really only the 03 - 06 engines that fail regularly.

low factory omp rate and only 2 oil ports per housing which caused concave apex seals, 08 -11 had a much higher omp flow rate and 3 oil ports.

I don't man. My friend has a 2009 rx8, the one with the R3 which supposedly fixes all the issues. But he had the engine die on him at 50k, got a rebuild, and then had the rebuild die on him at 80k. He's on his third engine now. The handling on the rx8 is amazing but I just can't trust the Renesis engine. Even on the rx8club forums, the life expectancy of the 08-11 R3 engine is still completely random.

>lighter than a miata
Could do worse, m8, if you find one well priced and maintained, go for it.

Jeez dude. How about getting yourself some 16yr old self esteem. You sound like a fa... oh wait, nvm

Your friend is dumb and drives his car hard when it's cold. There's no way any of that would happen unless the car wasn't tuned properly, had a broken oil metering pump, or had a shitty owner. Actually, those first two are the fault of the third.

>implying the RX 8 engine isn't a piece of shit
lol go to any RX8 forum and you'll see the engine breaks down completely at random. It doesn't matter how much you take care of it, the RX8 engine is a peice of shit.

what? NC miata is 5-600lbs lighter than an rx8

>being this uninformed
Go to rx8 forums and you'll see people running them for 200k with nothing but oil and spark plug changes
You'll also see people crying because they'd limiter bash from a cold start, never change the oil and run with a fucked ignition module... huur rotary such shit and is not my fault

Your friend is a dead shit and so are you

>ass blasted rotaryfag
There is a reason why Mazda stopped using the rotary, its because its shit lol. And looking at the rx8 forums, you see tons of people having engines die at 20k miles after a rebuilt.
>Your friend is a dead shit and so are you
Stupid retarded rotaryfag thinks I'm Enjoy your rebuilds son. Rotary is dead, good riddance.

>piston cuck going into damage control mode after being proven to be a bus riding underage poo eater
Lmao

Are those oil coolers aftermarket? They look different from mine.

>piston engine is still running
>rotaryfag has to take the bus
ALL THE DAY LONG BRO

Meh. I'm going to buy one, but I'm planning on driving it till the rotary shits itself then LS swapping it.

As long as you know the rotary is going to shit itself, it will be slow as fuck and get horrible gas mileage, I don't see a problem. Keep money in the bank for repairs.

This is how it should be. LS swapping a rx8 is a much better way to go.

>piston engine still running
Daily reminder gm has never ever won le mans But mazda Rotary has
Top kek

mazda quit using the rotary because US emissions regulations are bullshit.
i have an FB with 330k miles on the stock untouched motor.

Supposedly, the mechanics claimed afterward that the 26B was still in good enough condition that it could have lasted through another full race.

>rotaryfag btfo
>rotaryfag resorts to GM shitposting
You can't make this shit up lol.

>i have an FB with 330k miles on the stock untouched motor
Rx7s are great for reliability. It's the Rx8 that seems to have a lot of issues. The NA engine in an Rx7 are pretty solid.

premix and do normal routine maintenance and it will be fine.

I know everyone thinks that rotaries are dead, but I think they may have chance to be reborn. Just imagine, a low displacement ceramic hydrogen rotary engine generator with focal laser igniters. Ceramic is lightweight and can take way more heat than metal. Focal laser igniters will light the fuel at on optimal position. Hydrogen will lubricate itself. It would be perfect for a range extender of battery powered cars...

rx8club.com/new-member-forum-197/new-potential-owners-start-here-202454/

I really like the RX8, but reading this makes me NOPE. Can someone that owns a RX8 actually comment on this? The website says that it's common to have a rebuild before 100k, but it seems like some people can get over 150k with proper care.

Yup, thats pretty accurate

T. 8 owner

yeah, some jackass put a screw driver through both oil coolers in a parking lot.

pistonfags eternally btfo