Veeky Forums's opinion on this fat fuck as a weekend fun car?

Other urls found in this thread:

kijiji.ca/v-voiture-collection/ville-de-montreal/94-impala-ss-rare-collector-car-great-condition/1278351865?utm_source=com.google.android.apps.docs&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttonsVIP&utm_content=app_android
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what do you mean by weekend fun car?

getting together with the boys to drive to hooters half drunk and watch sportsball? sure

Good car like all gm

those things are awful

even the later 3800SC fwd models are better

Better in what way? For drifting? For towing? For burnouts? No.

Like most GM cars, it's not great nor is it terrible. It's the most mediocre of cars possible. The engine will likely outlast the interior by 100k+ miles.

Truly a gem for the every day working man.

Weekend fun car, as in not having to haul around the wife and kids, something to cruise around in.

the ss version is fun as hell has a fucking great ac, great stereo, a fuckton of space, it doesn't feel heavy when accelerating it also rides like a cloud also is an enormous faggot who likes cock

>Chevy Caprice
>ever being FWD and 3800 powered
>what
I don't know why I haven't filtered you yet.

pretty much the only thing the old one has is sound and space over the later ones

probably because youre too retarded to read filenames so you lack the intelligence to filter someone as well

these were FWD V8s

The Impala SS is a Caprice with red badges, m8. No one gives a shit about the later ones.

You've yet to explain why that fwd turd is better

These are well known to be shit. The transmission is no different than the V6 transmission and can't handle the torque

faster and better handling overall better to drive

its a GM product of course it is

Who the fuck would want a FWD SS?

Enjoy getting pulled over by every cop that sees you.

?

Fuck the cobalt, I'm talking about a V8 SS. It's even more rare than the 90s Impala, you don't see them anywhere.

>faster and better handling overall better to drive

Dumbest shit I've ever read. W bodies are shit cars. Would know I work on them.

I had one. Happy to answer any questions if you have specifics. It was a fun car, but the interior is shit. Your door panels will buckle, your steering wheel will peel off into flakes of "genuine" leather, your seats will sag, the carpet will fade, the dash probably won't crack, but it will get sun faded easily.

The motor is the best part, iron block LT1, not the biggest powerhouse, but it's torquey and fun. The car is amazing on the highway, it'll cruise along at 80 like it's nothing doing 2500 rpms and it's pretty comfortable. Even gets halfway decent gas mileage for what it is, at about 25 on the highway.

The biggest downfall, mechanically, is the distributor. It uses an "Opti-Spark" digital distributor. It's not bad in of itself, but it sits directly under the water pump at the camshaft. This means if you ever have a water leak of any kind, and those do happen, you're probably going to replace the Opti-Spark. Alternatively, if you ever have to rebuild the Opti-Spark, you're (at the very least) taking the water pump off. A pain in the ass. The transmission could be a little stronger, but it's not bad.

All in all, I miss the hell out of mine. It's a great highway/weekend/nighttime cruiser. Black guys love them because they put gigantic wheels on them and trash it, but if you can find a clean one, they're awesome.

OP here, thanks for the info!

There was only one that I saw for 6 grand CDN, 160,000km on the ODO, looks like he threw on an RPM gauge

94 Impala SS rare collector car, great condition,
kijiji.ca/v-voiture-collection/ville-de-montreal/94-impala-ss-rare-collector-car-great-condition/1278351865?utm_source=com.google.android.apps.docs&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttonsVIP&utm_content=app_android

Price: $6,600

He has wire wheels on it for god knows why. I know the 96 version is the most desirable though.

Those are fun as shit. Way too much power, and basically a boat. Do it.

>I know the 96 version is the most desirable though.
I would hold out for a 96, personally. Has a better gauge cluster, no shitty window covers, and the center console shifter, just seems nicer.

Additionally, there's not really a "rare" color, they were only sold in 3 colors: Black, DGGM (Dark Green-Grey Metallic) and DCM (Dark Cherry Metallic). If anything, DCM could be kinda "rare"-ish, but I don't think it actually increases the cars value at all.

Find a good condition one that hasn't been ragged on, color doesn't matter unless you've got a massive boner over one color or another.

As a fellow LT1 b-body owner, thank you for not spurging out about the opti. It's not great but it was a good for it's time regardless of it's shitty placement. That said, I will be looking to do an opti delete when I rebuild my LT1 because non-chinese opti's are only being made by a few special producers and I know sometime those will dry up.

People like to compare these to the Mercury Marauder, and those people are fooling themselves.

Wait, people actually defend that thing?

I mean, don't get me wrong, all things considered it's pretty damn cool. But it's plainly obvious that Chevy either designed it with planned obsolescence or just outright failed to consider long term maintenance on the thing. I don't know why anyone would hardcore defend it or fanboy over it.

I wouldn't call myself a fan, but people act like the opti's get sprinkled and they fail instantly. They were an interesting distributor system and for a stock one they were actually pretty good performance-wise. They failed because moisture would get trapped inside the plastic case, the vented opti-sparks '94 and onward were pretty decent because they solved the issue and only had fault if your vaccum line got plugged. Had GM pulled their heads out of their asses and developed better placement, the opti-spark system could have been something interesting. But oh well.

The Marauder handles better, the Caprice/Impala is faster in straight lines.

Might as well get the Impala. Their both boats who's gonna be flying around a track? Drag strip is where they both belong.