/CCG/ - Classic Car General

/CCG/ - Classic Car General

Mexican Ghostbuster edition.

Bring your classic and lets all get rust and gasoline in our eyes together.

>Cars are considered classic at 25 years old

>Everybody has their own taste, enter if it's of age or rarity

>Post your classic, your work on it, and get advice

>Any and all discussion about classics welcome

>Any and all classics welcome regardless of nationality

>Rust is a bitch, and not for the faint of heart; tread lightly

>You will inevitably spend twice your budget, no exceptions

>That classic you're eyeing on Craigslist definitely needs a shit ton of work

~~~~

>Kit Kat will get his 302 swap done around the same time as the heat death of the universe

>Dracula is MIA, probably eaten by locusts

>InternatAnon is considering becoming a sellout

>Spoonfeedme is doing the spoonfeeding; tables have turned

>Anonymous is schizophrenic as ever

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zj167berlns
evike.com/products/53596/
milsysgroup.com/products.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=zj167berlns

Ayyy new thread

>needs engine rebuild
>all my money is going into the 78

Time to sell a kidney

Look at this beast I spotted today.

Hey, I'm not a sellout.

lol

Also, Drac posted a pic of his white Rolls Royce on Facebook in the middle of June, so at least he's not dead

Does this count as a classic? Bought it sight unseen from a dealer in Colorado back in April. Flew out from the east coast and drove it home. Good times.

I got off my gimp ass today and washed the Impala, so at least there's that. I did skip the cruise in though. Existence is pain.

Also, I'm gonna get hammered, so if I come back and shitpost I'm sorry.

No quarter panel rust?

???

I need your opinion on this Thing:

oh shit lmao i didn't read the OP i'm tired af.

Not a bit. It's spent all its life in states that use sand rather than salt, best I can tell. Probably less rust on it than similar age/mileage cars that have spent their lives in the Southeast.

Oh shit is that a thing? Fucken buy it!

>Occasional loud rear end clanging
Driver's exhaust hanger replaced, resolved
>Occasional rhythmic front end clunking (mph not rpm)
CV boots greased, hopefully resolved
>Hatch rattling
No key to open and get to bumpstops, haven't ordered a new lock cylinder for after I drill the old one out
>Engine area jingling at low RPM
Need to drill the right holes for all the '82 scoop, haven't sent the scoop to be pro painted
>Quiet metallic rubbing from both sides of the rear end at certain speeds
Undiagnosed - probably should just swap to discs

Bonus rust related items
>Wondering if it's okay to just layer por-15 over old undercoating that's starting to crack and flake
>Probably should fix that rusty driver's seat mount that pulled through the pan
>GOTTA grind out the inside of the passenger frame rail and por-15 it before it gets into the strut tower

I think that's everything on my mind. Oh yeah, SROD to WC T5 swap somewhere over the rainbow

I thought you died.
It has an alternator and that's all you need.
but no seriously you've bought worse.

There isn't a latch release that you can poke from the rear seats?

>>Engine area jingling at low RPM
hoodscoop life

Clean as fuck, but it's still japshit.

I'm just bustin your nuts. Nice car, bro.

I dunno man..

Not dead; just busy. The guy is asking $2k for it; guaranteed running for $2.8k

Apart from the engine aren't these Things notoriously difficult to find parts for?
I say this knowing you bought not one, but two Rolls Royce'

That would be great but it's clamped on there pretty good. My striker is a hoop where most fox bodies have a peg. I pried at the jaws themselves pretty good from inside and they didn't want to budge. Didn't want to end up replacing the latch too since I'm going to do the lock anyway because I want to have a hatch key.

Also, accidentally posted a pic of it with the '83 scoop on it here's the bigass '82 scoop. It's only being held down by two screws out of 6 and some 3M tape at the front I just think it'd make it look way nicer to get it mirror glossy black while I have it off to drill the hood anyway.

>twin port
Buy two.

Thanks. it needs paint and some minor body work but is otherwise pretty decent for its age.

Engine's missing some tin and the distributor for sure. Looks manageable otherwise. Check for rust under the backseat or wherever they stashed the battery on those.

dual ports were common on later model stuff

it's amazing you found something that isn't falling apart or riced.

Spotted some vintage police cars at a chili cookout a few weeks ago in Gilroy, CA.

Probably. It's a West German military model. The suppressed distributor is missing.

For $2,800 It's guaranteed to run. The guy who has it is a VW expert. I just don't know if I'll like it.

Lots of Dodges

I'm using up way too much mobile data posting this... oh well.

Car still at the mechanic, I cri.

CHP Foxbody Mustang
Because 5-speed manual transmissions are perfect for high speed pursuit while using a radio. Yes, thete are reasons why cop cars are A/T and it's not training. It means they only need one leg and one hand to drive. That is surprisingly important.

Some kind of motorcycle. Don't know much about bikes.

Eh, there are plenty of decent CA Accords around. Not a tremendous amount of manual LX-i coupes though.

And finally a vintage paddy wagon. Probably a restored farm truck that was mocked up to resemble a police vehicle from that time period. Or maybe it really was used by the Keystone Kops. Who knows.

>Leads me to wonder how heavy were these?

what about the button in the glovebox. It's pretty much a mustang and foxes from 86-92 have had them. both hatch and coupe

>I just don't know if I'll like it.
maybe save the money for your other cars

Has anyone Social Media shamed this spic for his cultural appropriation? GI Joe is an American icon, not a tacobending showpiece.

Someone should ruin his life for this. It seems an adequate reaction to the slight.

We have more important things to worry about like rustproofing against this armpit-tier humidity.

It was nice and sunny, with almost no humidity today. Perfect weather for plastidipping.

Not an issue.

>peels off
nothing personal kid

Give the money to me.

I considered this, but then I figured anyone who wants to vandalize my car can just as easily run a key or a coin along the paint. I'd sooner have some plastidip peeled off, and easily reapply it - than have some fuck scrape my paint and cause $100s in damage, instantly.

Besides, where I live, people don't fuck with each others vehicles. There's a lot of lifted trucks, Jeeps, FJs, etc. and we all respect each other's shit.

Thank god there are absolutely zero niggers, too.

As much as I hate German cars, tinkering with Beetles and their ilk is quite fun.

And the dial-a-displacement thing is pretty cool, too. With a small amount of case machining, that 1600DP can be turned into a 1776cc or 1835cc.

Hiluxfag here
We replaced the radiator and all radiator hoses today, temp hangs out right at perfect operating temperature now. Dropped it off at muffler shop today to get an exhaust on it (exhaust was stolen just past the headers prior to purchase). Should be daily-driveable tomorrow. P stoked.

Also we strategically placed the front end of the truck in the sun so that we would be as miserable as possible while working on it in the South Carolina heat

It's an 83

That's an almost brand new Harley Davidson flp, road King police edition. Nice bike, but not a classic yet my dude

Whens the DShK getting installed?

me and my friend who is helping me working on it are legitimately trying to figure out how to mount a fake RPK on the back, but it would defeat the purpose of me buying it: motorcycle hauling/rescuring

RPK a shit
PKM is where it's at.

I don't know my guns too well, but based on my 30 seconds of google research, it appears you're right for hilux mounted LMG. I'll keep that in mind when I'm deciding between a wheel chock for a motorcycle or a LMG

>buy airshit PK evike.com/products/53596/
>weld up something to hold it with
>profit?

If something dakka was going in that truck, I'd scrap the both of them and mount an M2 Quad in the back. That or a Lahti twenty mil.

either would definitely help with weight distribution with the engine swap I plan on doing 20 years from now after this 20R dies

I'm still here guys, I promise.

So, question. I was doing some explorative surgery on the bronco tonight, in preparation for doing seals and bearing on the front axle (4x4 Dana 44), and found an interesting gear ratio.

My ford 9" rear axle is 4.11:1 but apparently somehow my front axle has a gear ratio that is less than 2.00:1 . Yes, I get less that 2 spins of the front driveshaft to one spin of the front wheels. It's obvious somebody threw a junk yard axle in this truck, but what the fuck is it from? I didn't even know that ANYBODY made a gear ratio that fucking high.

And whats a good place to get a used gear set?

milsysgroup.com/products.html

One of the front wheels is locked when you are turning it.

Can you elaborate on that?

>this many tripfags
/osg/ tier meltdown soon

The spider gears will make shit go wonky when you spin only one tire with the other locked.

Mark the yoke and housing and try to be as precise as possible.

Or look for a tag. I have no clue where it would be on a Ford. The other thing you could do is crack the center housing open and start counting gear teeth.

What happened to the sticker fags?

A lot of us only trip for this specific thread so we can just identify each other.

>cheers for the ride bro, got anywhere i can put these twigs?

Okay, that sounds a little more logical. This is the first time Ive done the tire spin test on an open differential, all other times it's been on a limited slip. Thanks for the tip.

My tires do chirp and bind up pretty bad in 4wd, even going straight. I'm just going to crack both diff covers and actually count the teeth so I can order the right gear set.

There will eventually be drama. Probably started by kit kat or another attention whore.

The worst arguing is about carbs....but I do agree kit Kat will start it.

There's barely anyone here, what are you going on about?

I dunno about the rest of these guys but i try to keep it civil. It looks like arguing starts happening over what is or isn't a classic though.

I'd say 80% of the arguing is disagreeing with KKK.

What drama?

What did kat do now?

The only one running their face here is you, user. Keep it cool.

Enjoy this 68 Chevelle that I creamed my pants next to today. I met this guy in traffic a week ago and he complimented my Impala.

>tfw 68 Chevelle SS 396 owner compliments your 283 powered family-hauler at a stop light

>that car

muhh dick

Fuck off newtrip

Here's a retarded question. I'm about done welding up a 2 1/2 mandrel bent dual exhaust and just thought: What do you guys use to fasten the hangers to the body? The holes in them are massive. Should I weld studs to the bottom or what?

Other awesome spot of the day. Watched the guy roll it off his trailer.

tfw no bone stock 69 Satellite.

I thought it was a Roadrunner. How can you tell the difference? I'm not much of a Mopar guy. I like em, I just don't know em well enough yet.

1965 impalas have such nice dashboards like, sadly I have no power steering on this right now.

That's not a 65 Impala, bro.

the best you'll do without spending a shit-ton of money is an RPK. A proper GPMG like a PKM would cost a shit-ton and a DShK would require a small fortune, which is unfortunate because you really need an HMG, not an LMG/GPMG. An M2 is always an option, they're not Soviet but you still see them mounted on technicals.

MFW accidently type 65 instead of 64, phone posting sucks.

I figured that was the case, but since I have a 65 I figured I'd chime in just in case.

I dropped a clamp on my rear passenger side door and fucked the paint up. First ding on the new paint.

I do kind of miss the lack of fucks I gave when I had a shit paint job.

Thanks man, l like when people correct me so I can learn more.
Still a good looking dash

Hell yeah it is. I haven't found a classic Chevy I don't like though. They all have their own charms.

Previously posted pic because I don't have any new pictures.

It's a worthless 4 doors you still shouldn't give a fuck and is it flat paint? Did you rattle can it? Doesn't look like it cost more than $50 in materials to paint.

That's not the current paint, I think. It's gloss black now.

That's what it looked like before I had it painted.

Is what it looks like now.

As far as worthless, check out NADA and get back to me.

>want to go for a ride
>traffic is abysmal until 3 AM
suffering.

Lol. Nada is NOTHING in Spanish. What's it worth? As Kong as it makes you happy.