Labor unions were a mistake

Labor unions were a mistake.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IuOEf-pNXUI
youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU
thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/561/nummi-2015
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They weren't a mistake when they were formed, when fuckers were falling into meat grinding machines and they were still selling the meat, but when they became organized crime, the government should have shut them down, but they made too large of political contributions.

yeah workers should be shitted whenever possible

being the worst company out of the 4 surely didnt have anything to do with their failure tho

>being the worst company out of the 4 surely didnt have anything to do with their failure tho
Having your workers deliberately sabotage the construction of your merchandise by intentionally performing their jobs wrong as a protest to a perceived lack of benefits surely didn't have anything to do with their failure either.

the only thing I found about that was from 1985

AMC was the worst for 30 years by this point and only got by because theyre cars were cheap and Jeep

>hates unions
>complains about only earning $4 an hour

lmao Amerifats are stupid.
Keep sucking that neeoliberal cock.

unions are fantastic

t. yurocuck

naw. leaf in southern ontario

t. temporarily embarrassed millionaire

Just keep pulling yourself up by your bootstraps, I'm sure something other urine will trick down on you eventually.

>unions
>fantastic
Yes. Please keep your 'fantastic' unions in the shitty part of the country and keep being "fantastic" up in Detroit and Jew York, leeching off of your employers for 100 buck an hour paychecks + benefits and six weeks vacation to be an assembly line grunt.
The Right to Work states will be right here, having better economies and lower costs of living while all your employers slowly move their shit over here and make sure your scum can't infect the good part of the country. Have fun with the niggers.

This is why I never buy garbage made in the US

Mexican workers make the same quality of labor for less money.

t. nocoiner :^)

i'm not american and i'm not a factory worker and my job cannot be outsourced

Everyone's job can be outsourced or automated.

Shitty justification for exploiting cheap labor, idiota.

automated, maybe
but not any time soon

poor people added that extra flavor though, now all you get is the occasional rat

0/10 bait

>my job cannot be outsourced

And when all the other jobs are outsourced or automated, you'll be fired to make way for one of the countless people willing to do your job for half of what you're paid.

try $11 in a low tax state
high tax state residents make $14+ to compensate at the company I work with
no unions either

I see the brainlets have arrived

that's what the union is for

>when all the other jobs are outsourced or automated

automation is a NEET pipe dream thats used as an excuse to keep being NEET.

>i-it will be here any day now and all you people with jobs will look like fools!

Of course they were the worst of four, they were the smallest and had the least cash flow.

When it comes down to it, all of the American companies during the seventies and eighties were producing subpar cars, because they all had trouble turning enough of a profit to put money into research and development. AMC had this problem worse than the others because they just had less money to work with, in the first place.

The reason why all of these companies had such a hard time putting money into research and development was because the ridiculous demands of the labor unions. They got fat during the economic boom of the late forties and fifties, and they refused to give anything up when the rest of the country lost the benefit of that boom.

They got their pay, and they got their pensions. Then they got unemployment trust funds, or show up and sit in a chair for a day to get money. Then they got full healthcare coverage for workers, retirees, and survivors. The damage came from the number of people claiming those benefits. At one time, there was more people receiving those pensions than people working.

The 70s and 80s was a hard time for all American auto makers due to various things happening all at once. Greater importation from Japanese automakers, Japanese automakers beginning to create manufacturing plants in the US, especially Right-to-Work states that didn't have such a strong presence from the labor union, new emission laws, new safety laws, etc. The success of the AMC Pacer got hit really hard due to those changes. It sold more than double what they were expecting in the first year, then it tanked when people learned about its problems like the poor gas mileage for a car its size due to the weight from reinforcing the body to meet upcoming but still unkown safety standards, and GM backing out at the last minute of making the rotary engine it was designed to use.

>i'm not a factory worker
And? That doesn't excuse the fact that you're a fucking leech on society being paid more money than he deserves for doing less work than someone else would. You don't deserve to have job security if you're replaceable. If you're replaceable and you get uppity, then by god, you should be fucking replaced. Serves you right for being replaceable in the first fucking place. Unions just protect the useless so they can make more money for doing less work.

>11$/h
That's a good wage for a kid who lives with his parents but I can't see anybody feed a family with that and the mother should be able to stay at home.

>race to the bottom
GREAT IDEA!

AMC had its own big mistake with the Pacer that wasn't due to outside forces, but all manufacturers have their gaffes here and there.

AMC couldn't really recover from the lack of success of the Pacer. They got together with Renault to bring their cars over to the US market, who acquired a major interest in AMC. Renault was getting AMC slowly but surely back in shape, then the CEO of Renault got murdered and the replacement didn't think it was worth it, so they sold AMC over to Chrysler.

My point here is AMC wasn't really any worse than the other 3 as a car manufacturer, it was just smaller and unable to weather the same storms they could.

Here, watch this for some more information on the labor union thing youtube.com/watch?v=IuOEf-pNXUI

>'waaah why can't i sit in a chair all day "supervising" and make 100 dollars an hour, with benefits and a pension when i retire from sitting in my chair'
Get fucked commie. If you had a real job, you wouldn't need a union. Unions serve to protect the stupid, the useless, and the outright greedy from being replaced with useful workers. You are one of those three. You are not poor, innocent Joe Blow being fired because someone can do your job better for less pay; You are useless, dumb Joe Blow, being fired because there's someone with more respect for his employers and the wage they give him who won't try and be an uppity communist who wants more gibsmedats for doing less work.

retards easily get fired from union jobs all the time, user.
stop getting up about things you don't understand

>tfw have to help my mom pay the mortgage on $10/hr
stop bully

I'm in the teachers union, getting fired is extremely hard.
I honestly hate myself for being in one but you are forced to in my state.

>forced union
I never understood this, it's right up there with company run unions

They were doing horribly long before the unions and oil embargo. They just never had the resources to compete.
I do think that unions should be outlawed, though. Unions allow literal sex offenders to be teachers with no repercussions.

ughh, yeah.. i will admit, teacher's unions are a bit of a different animal
it's unfortunate that they will protect horrible people over children's futures. but you could change that by being active in your union maybe?

>automation is a NEET pipe dream

Its definitely not. Robots will soon replace-
>Cab/truck drivers
>Container ship pilots/crew delivering cargo
>All cooks from fast food to exotic (robots will never spit in your food or get your order wrong because all the meals are programmed into them and who would want to risk another filthy human preparing their food?)
>Doctors (robots have been shown to preform surgery with greater precision and much less error than even the best most autistic doctors in the world and all it needs to do is be developed further and implemented throughout hospitals which will bring the cost of medical bills relating to bone breaking accidents and facelift/boob&ass jobs down)
>Music artist (yes, there are robots that can make music and could make music like famous composers such as Hanz Zimmer and they will only get better)
>Costumer service (robots don't have emotions and don't get angry or crack under pressure)
>ANY cleanup duty
>electrician and plumbing or any other kind of maintenance
>construction (cannot get hurt on the job and can be easily replaced or repaired by another robot)
>farmers
those are just the ones i can think of off the top of my head. Unemployment is expected to rise to levels never before seen in human history (possibly %35-%40)
youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU
Video related. it will definitely happen sooner or later certainly within anyone's lifetime who's already in their 20s. will probably be hardest on children growing up in the future graduating and looking for work.

There could be whats known as "guaranteed income" there's just too many people being born and not enough jobs for every single person with or without education and with automation replacing them quickly its only going to get worse.

>i can make a list therefore it's not a pipe dream
want me to post a list of inventions i've come up with?

>Costumer service
nah, 99% of people who enter automated phone/online services just keep pressing the "other" button to talk to a human. that and they'll always engineer a dumber human to break the automation

Literally everyone in my school district hates me because I teach the glories of the free market in my econ class like what the fuck else am I supposed to teach?
I would say 50% of the teachers dont give a shit about their job and dont teach worth shit or give good advice when someone has a problem, they just see themselves as glorified babysitters. I hate every single one of them.

Also my grandpa almost got killed and his employee actually got murdered by the UAW in the 60's

teachers definitely need a better union, like a doctor's association, that will reward good ones and remove and banish duds. good teachers should be remunerated as a good surgeon is, but the public is for some reason against having a properly funded education system. which just baffles me.
reap what you sow i guess?

>Labor unions were a mistake

Sure thing Jew.

>Renault was getting AMC slowly but surely back in shape
At the end of Renault's ownership, the only thing they even had to sell was the Eagle, to say nothing of the Concord/Spirit duo. How the hell is that getting them back into shape? All Renault wanted was AMC's dealer network and they could have given a rat's ass about the cars on the other end of the showroom.

The Eagle may have been the only car that was solely AMC's but it was not the only car AMC was making and selling. As part of the partnership, they also had the Alliance, Encore (Alliance hatchback), and the car that would become the Eagle Premier due to the sale happening right before its release.

Chrysler got a government bailout loan in 1979 for being too big to fail, meanwhile AMC turned to Renault because banks refused it any credit. Making money off adapting Renault's designs for a while is what AMC needed to have the chance to work on its own designs. The Premier wasn't just a copy of Renault's design, there were changes to it made by AMC. The interior was even completely original.

Small steps like that for a longer period of time would have gotten AMC back in shape.

Unions work well for german automakers, they are even represented in the board of directors

>people shouldn't be able to associate themselves as they wish
>american idea of "freedom"

>americans are fucking stupid

Who would've thought, what a surprise!

says the nigger

I think you're mistakening him for me. Nice complex tho

reported for racism

also I am not fonzie, but do keep sperging americuck

>announcing your reports

Why don't you get another better paying job. I suggest you join a union they fight for your job :^)

look how good onions worked for the soviet union

>they fight for your job
yeah, out here they fight enough that the city paid off some pedophile elementary school teacher to the tune of over a million in pension and benefits, rather than fight the union in order to legitimately fire him.

>getting paid $7/hr more to do the exact same job when non-union
>full medical & dental $27/mo
>3 weeks PTO, 1.5 weeks sick leave
>pension
>bi-annual COLA raises

and all I have to do is stock groceries at a hipster co-op and pay $25/mo for dues, shits pretty cash.

i make at least $35/hr, sometimes much more depending on the kind of work i'm doing. plus full benefits, good pension, free education when i want..
if you think i don't work my ass off and fight to keep my job, you're sorely mistaken
companies in my field want union workers because anyone worth hiring is already member

Considering the state of the workforce now that unions are gone and everything's been shipped off to China, I dunno. Are you really going to spin the current state of things as being an improvement? If so - for who?

Presence of labor unions would have done nothing to stop that. In fact, it would have only added to it as the more expensive you make labor in the states, the more lucrative shipping jobs overseas becomes.

Here's how labor unions got the American automakers into the mess they were in until recently.
>thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/561/nummi-2015

Unions are not bad. But paying niggers to bolt down a door 35$ an hour with all benefits while he can't even do their job properly is terrible.

>want me to post a list of inventions i've come up with?
yes