To Cop Or Not To Cop Craigslist

I'm looking at possibly getting this rx7, the guy said it has 148k miles bit the the engine was rebuilt 10k miles ago, do you think I should pull the trigger on it?
Link
kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/6188932473.html
Also cl finds thread

Other urls found in this thread:

phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/6206260588.html
orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/6186956879.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/6165751454.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/6164261990.html
huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/6207624005.html
tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/6206724009.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>stickerbombed
>intentionally rusted
>plastidipped
>DUDE TAPED HEADLIGHTS LMAO
>runs it with no muffler
Either run away or rescue it.

It's a rotary. It's always been rebuilt less than 10k miles ago. Lmao.
Seriously though, buy the fuck out of it. They're good cars and rotaries are a lot of fun.
You get used to the rebuilds..

>the car has been taken care of well

Sure looks like it lmao, fucking ruined bodywork just for some retarded dorifto cred.

If you do get it, please fucking attempt to repaint it and get some decent OEM wheels, unfuck what this fucker did to this poor thing.

Tasteful aftermarket wheels are fine too

Agreed. Hell, if your budget is thigh, you could always mimic this look with plastidip.

1000000000000000000000000000000000000x better than whatever the fuck the seller was going for.

That's shit brown paint, not rust.

Dont forget
>meticulously cared for
lmao I mean just look at it op. Totally doesn't look like the car that's put into netural at a car meet and then bounced off the rev limiter.

what is the purpose of taping the headlights? so you don't get glass on the "track" when you wreck during a "race"? like those faggots with the TOW>> stickers?

Yes, unless it's a chevron, in which case it's for jdm cred.

phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/6206260588.html
It's not so much the car, but the way the seller took the pictures.

I fucking puked.
My god what the goddam FUCK.
That shit just ruined my fucking night.
UGH.

This would be great if the picture was of his hand holding a phone with the picture and the next was the same ad infinitum

Like the droste effect

Holy fuck lol
Saved

lol what a dumb shitskin

fucking spics

>Runs goof

>tags
>240sx rx7 rx8 rotary JDM drift classic supra skyline BMW sti evo

Posting socal finds.

orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/6186956879.html

How would you go about making an offer for this?

>inb4 autotragic

>autotragic
>fwd shitbox
>retarded aftermarket head unit
I'd offer him $500

I'll sell you mine for 2k, I live in Olathe lol

losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/6165751454.html

1998 camaro red body with grey and black cloth interior that is very clean. Has a 3.8L v6 (wallet friendly compared to a v8) transmission has been rebuilt less than 1000 miles ago and it shifts great, also has a one year warranty. The a/c blows cold but may need some attention in the future (noisey compressor). Ive put a new Interstate battery in sence owned and intake gaskets. It has manuel windows and power locks. Is currently registered and driven weekly. Radio is stock but speakers sound great. $3500 or best offer, if you would like more pictures or to come and test drive please call or text

Is a new transmission really enough to put this car at $3500? KBB puts an excellent condition '98 v6 at no more than $2000.

>runs goof

losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/6164261990.html

General question. Why do I see that a lot? People who have their engine rebuilt and then sell the car shortly thereafter. Did the rebuild not work as well as hoped or something?

>socal
Start off as a mellow surfer, then transition to psychopath.

Either he spent all his money doing it and needs to sell it or he's bullshitting.

>Is a new transmission really enough to put this car at $3500
No way. Max he will get is $2500, and even that's a long shot. Also
>The a/c blows cold but may need some attention in the future (noisey compressor).
It sounds like you are going to need a new AC compressor soon.

If you really want it, offer $2200, I really wouldn't pay a dime over that. Sounds like he is trying to roll the cost of the rebuilt transmission into the price of the car.

>own rusty old rattletrap car that might have been respectable when it was new but it's just a piece of shit now
>you know what you've got, it just needs some work and it'll be good as new!
>it's high mileage and you've heard an engine rebuild can breathe new life into it
>drop a few grand on overhauling the heart of the car
>purrs like a kitten when it's idling in the mechanic's parking lot
>pleased with yourself, take it out on the road
>immediately realize an engine rebuild doesn't solve rust, fading paint, worn suspension bushings, broken vacuum lines, electrical gremlins, pockmarks in the glass, steering wheel play, transmission problems, or the miscellaneous creaks and groans the car has
>realize just how much money is involved in restoring a car to properly fix all this shit
>realize you'd be better off buying a new sporty car with no problems
>cut your losses and try to sell the shitbox for $2,000 more than it's worth because IT JUST HAD AN EXPENSIVE REBUILD, ONLY 5K MILES ON NEW MOTOR

huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/6207624005.html

Always had a dream of getting one of these with the 2.8l and a five speed, and throwing every single Capri speed part at it and making a sporty little runabout.

tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/6206724009.html

im poor