Are bikes really as dangerous as everyone says?

Are bikes really as dangerous as everyone says?

Other urls found in this thread:

rrstar.com/article/20140505/NEWS/140509680
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do the people who tell you how dangerous bikes are ride bikes?

I personally know a guy who lost a leg in a accident fuck all that noise I rather hoon it in my comfy cage

no, the ones who saw the light are dead

>Gets fucking blindsided by an suv and smashed into the divider wall.
Dead.

It takes two bad drivers to cause a wreck

Yes bikes are inherently more dangerous than cars, that's just a simple fact. But that's what makes them fun as hell.

The things about bikes - any accident small or large can cause severe bodily damage

I've been in three accidents. All of em were my fault except the last one because I fell into a giant fucking pothole going slow af merging lanes on the freeway at night.

Every time I've gone down I was geared up and suffered scratches and light bruising. However my buddy had a car turn left on him when he had right of way, no gear. Ankle is swollen and he's got roadrash in places.

It's like what said. Bikes ARE inherently more dangerous but pay attention, expect everyone around you to do stupid shit, gear up, and for the most part you should be ok.

Bikes are dangerous. You can be as vigilant and prepared as you want, but the truth is cars treat bikes like absolute shit and you will probably get fucked up by some middle aged cunt on her phone.
Buddy of mine is decent driver but has already gotten in like 3 accidents on his bike.

That said they are also cheap and fun as shit. So you take the good with the bad.

I had a bike for 5-6 years and put about 60-70k miles on until I had a big high speed shunt on the freeway. I was insanely lucky enough to walk away from it with a small bit of road rash and foot pain that I might have forever. Now I try to convince myself every day to only ever get another bike for the track.

I also personally knew 3 people who had bikes at one point or another and had much lower speed crashes that resulted in worse injuries ranging from painful chronic shoulder injury to broken neck. They also all didn't ride nearly as much.

Whether you ride 'once in awhile' or all the time, extremely careful or not, your number will come up.

ride it like a car. slow and predictable. only garenteed way of staying safe.

Yup.

All it takes is some little old lady/teenage girl texting/drunk idiot/sand/pothole to wreck you.

One of the nicest guys I know rode for years without incident till some scumbag ran a stop a sign and killed him. It's fun but don't kid yourself it's really, really dangerous.

rrstar.com/article/20140505/NEWS/140509680

This is the reality of riding a bike, if you wanna take the risk go for it; but know that if someone slams you they'll suffer literally no consequence.

Bikes are only as dangerous as the rider.

The majority of danger comes from other road users though desu.

Also CBR300's are shit, you should have got a Ninja 300 or an SV650.

I personally know a guy who died in a car accident. Fuck all that noise I rather Hoon in my comfy house with bubble wrap.

It takes take two bad drivers to crash into each other 95% of the time. You should drive defensively and stay away from cunts on the phone and other bad drivers. If you can't spot someone on the phone or a bad driver from 500 meters away you are a shitty driver.

I personally know people who broke their leg after falling off the stairs, or got a concussion falling from a skateboard, or died in a drive-by shotting.

Protip: EVERYONE'S NUMBER COMES UP EVENTUALLY

Too bad people die in car crashes all the time.

Boo hoo, never shoot a gun either, they are super dangerous. At least the nicest guy you know died with bigger balls than you will ever have you cuck piece of shit. Wrap yourself in bubble wrap and a face mask because life is dangerous.

Shooting a gun and riding a motorcycle is pretty different there angry guy

Yamaha CBR250 Duke
Fuck you and your stupid cock
>Are bikes really as dangerous as everyone says?
Not really.

There are several orders of magnitude difference between the dangers you are equating. Bad argument to make.

Riding is vastly more dangerous no matter how careful you are. I will still ride but I won't fool myself by comparing the risk to shooting guns, driving a normal car or walking up and down stairs. I also won't fool potential riders into thinking they can make the risk manageable by being 'careful'.

which duke the supersport

But it's a cbr500r...

Busriders win again!

>It takes take two bad drivers to crash into each other 95% of the time.

It only takes one bad driver to rear end you, or do a U-turn from the middle lane while you're in the left lane. Shit fucking happens, and shitheads will assume that just because you're small, you're agile, even though we know bikes can't turn.

What that risk is, depends on where you live. In a big city, you may very well die, through no fault of your own.

Lane split so you don't get rear ended.

Stay on the outside or middle Lane to stay visible. If you are unsure, slow down, put your high beams to let him know you are coming through.

Most motorcyclists are retarded squids. At is why the statistics make it look so dangerous. I have 60,000+ miles over the past 8 years daily driving in LA. I've only crashed crashed once while being retarded.

Lane split to the front of the pack and wait at the light. When light turns green, use your 0-60 times to gain at least 100 meters. Go slightly above the speed limit and there should literally be no cars near you. Stay in the Lane with the most visibility. You will have to change lanes multiple times to stay visible in the most optimum position.

It can be dangerous but thats only because it doesn't mitigate your retardation like a car will.

You can text on your phone for years and never die while driving, but doing something like that on a bike is suicide.

Also I think a lot of people that end up getting bikes are the sort to take that extra unneeded risk like doing 120+ in a 60MPH highway while weaving through traffic. Those guys end up fucking up once and because they probably don't have more than a helmet they die.

Nice memes. You can still get rear ended waiting at a stop sign or at a left turn. It happens all the time. I've been rear ended while rolling through a commercial area, because fuckhead A decided to do an illegal turn and fuckhead B was checking out the shops. Driving paranoid won't eliminate crashes, although indeed, most bike crashes are because bikers can't keep it in their pants.

The stats are pretty stark. However, most of the risk is up to you. Your riding ability and the risks you choose to take are the main determinants in whether or not you become roadkill.
t. rider for twenty years. No crashes (yet)

Please fucking kill yourself in a crash you worthless fat cunt

Turn it up mate