Benchrace in general:
>crash.net

webms with sounds:
Previously on deebeetee:

Other urls found in this thread:

bikesales.com.au/editorial/details/yamahas-2018-yz450f-breaks-cover-107589/
spokane.craigslist.org/mcy/6134913590.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Someone in this thread had a white die-cut "OK 3, 2, 1, let's jam" sticker on their windshield (maybe the dude with the stickied up repsol cbr600rr?)

Where2cop? I see notori has a "see you space cowboy" thin horizontal sticker and I might get that too, but it'd be nice to have one for coming and one for going.

Nth for post your exhaust sounds.

its notori or bad decisions

mm i'm pretty sure notori doesn't have it, but bad decisions is closed while restocking or something. might be them.

YOU'RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR

Dirt bikes are truly god-tier

>tfw they're expensive and inconvenient to ride
I wish I could have miles of land available right outside my house

aye

can confirm

>2 stroke

sucks to be you

I forgot to quote lmao

thats a 4stroke though

So, how does Veeky Forums feel about Mopeds? I feel like they're pointless to have, but it's cheap for me.

Uhh, wut?

theyre not inconvenient though.
and working on them is super easy.

I'm that novice-user with that red sv650s from a few /dbt/ threads ago.

short story even shorter, dropped the bike. Broke the ball end off my front brake lever, bent my rear brake lever and my right side foot rest bracket broke. Ground the FUCK out of my just-installed frame sliders too.

Are aftermarket levers shit or can I get away with an oem-style pair of those? Also can I bend a brake lever back or is it wise to get a new one? Its only bent in horizontally by ~15 degrees or so

>the shittest build quality possible
>most get violent headshake if you take your hands off the bars
>hard little tires and crude suspension
>handy underseat storage
>usually assembled without antisieze, washers, rustproofing etc

It's like the most flimsy piece of shit that you can possibly call one structure

Levers are levers there's not one brand that's better than the other. I'd get new ones because they're cheap as fuck aftermarket and I'd want them to match but bending it back is fine if you're not willing to fork out 10 bucks

lmao
>snoozuki riders

aluminum levers are good for one bend, the one that fucks them up.
get new ones, oe style or whatever you like ,its all about the same.

I almost forgot
>fuel lines implode and leak
>petcocks disintegrate and fuel hydrolocks the engine
>CDI units and stator wiring regularly burns out
>soft metal = warped heads, oil leaks, sunken valves etc

Just pure chinese trash, you buy a new one and it immediately needs work, if you are lucky then it will last 5000km before it is completely flogged.

>take firstbike blue-gold sv650s out for first time
>midnight, parking lots and back roads to get a feel for her while avoiding avoid traffic and witnesses
>stall, check (but only once!)
>bail straight from a roundabout, check
>casually puttputt past police SUV without getting stopped, check (past midnight in a public park that closes at 23:00 - have license but haven't registered or insured the bike yet)
>honk instead of signalling, check
>do 50 inna 30, check (on a back road, straight, no houses, no intersections, never seen animals larger than a skunk around there)

wow, bike engine braking is serious business. it's like 20x stronger than what I'm used to from driving. I like it, but did not expect it desu.

I was the one asking about the sliders. shoot, you're making me nervous about procrastinating on getting them. what happened? gory noob details pls

We posting cute cruisers now?!?

Do it

Get some aluminum cnc ones on ebay from china for like $35, they're all the same and will look way better than oem
>Also can I bend a brake lever back
yeah just heat it up with a torch and slowly bend it back

Yeee

>cute cruisers

Coming off the highway going ~115km/h. 2 fairly wide sweeping corners were just fine, I mentally blanked that bikes don't like to brake while you're leaned over. Tried to stand the bike up and start braking, started it too late on the short straight before the comparatively sharp corner onto eglinton.

Aimed for the cut-out portion of the curb for pedestrians but the rear wheel was locked so "lol no shit steering for you" bike ended up half on the sidewalk half on the road.

handlebar adjusters moved and one loosened off, so right side handle bar was sketchy as fuck. Right brake lever assembly broke in half so it was just dangling.

Called CAA and ended up waiting 2.5 hours for a tow that didn't show up. Called the local police non-emergency number and got a green light from the cop on the phone to limp the bike home (~2 km) even though I'm on my M1 and it was night time by then. Cop gave me his badge number incase I got stopped by a uniform. Buddy followed me home with his 4 ways on.

pic very related

No step on snek

thought it was a drive belt at first

rip in peace snekko

Hell yea nigga

Snek is ded :(

You ever head to the peterborough ish area? We could go up buckhorn road

Ordered a new rear brake lever bracket yesterday from Suzuki, might get it by Friday if I'm lucky but I've got a few other odd parts I have to buy before the bike is up and ready to go.

Other than having to buy a new helmet and being sore as fuck, I want to get back onto that bike so damn bad.

>Go to adjust chain on viffer
>a half turn in, realize i'm tightening the pinch bolt
>lifelong inability to turn a bolt in the right direction when facing the back of a vehicle

on a scale fo 9-10 how likely is it that i crushed every single bearing in the hub?

1/2

2/2
The sportster with the windshield after an idiot coworker of my neighbor took the bike for a joy ride without his permission.

That'll buff out.

I'd be a bit sad and might choke a fool if that was my bike

i'm liking harley's new fork style

not very functional but it looks hardcore

sup /dbt/, I'm really starting to zero in on the bike I want to buy, but I'm looking for any little bit of insight people are willing to share. Right now I'm still at a tossup between a DR650SE and a KLR650 (dur so many people likely get stuck here). I've more or less decided that if I can get a DR for the right price I'll go for it. However, based on the prices of used bikes around here I am far more likely to get a KLR.
My question right now is about the KLR. Should I just go for the classic style (which is more likely to be cheaper, but definitely older bike) or should I try and hold out to get one of the newer models? (the new front end does not bother me). Are there any years in particular that I should avoid? Or even better are there years that stand out as the better choice?
Thanks yo.

it's inconvenient to have to load them up into a truck and haul them 2 hours away to get to a place to ride.
they're easy to work on, yes, but they require work much more frequently than street bikes.

>idiot coworker of my neighbor took the bike for a joy ride without his permission.
what the fuck? Did you kick his ass?

there are spacers inside that keep you from ruining the bearings

kek

Not my bike, it was my neighbor's bike. My bike is the one at the very back with the overpriced JW adaptive led headlight .

His coworker took the bike while they where at work.

mfw local dealers want 6k for 10 year old GSXRs that have been dropped multiple times

I sure fucking hope so, because I just got new bearings and seals for everything in the front end and don't want to do the rear.

>overpriced JW adaptive led headlight
Aren't those like 1k? How do you like it? I want to get one for my monster, just not the adaptive one.

LEDs are meme. Get a HID projector.

$800 msrp. Bought mine from ebay for $550 and I used a new credit card that does a $150 reward for spending $500 in the first 3 months.

>How do you like it?
I freaking love it. makes it so much easier to see at night. The adaptive part isn't distracting at all when it illuminates.

Nah I hate the light from HID's

>111
I approve of this message

>74 N-m = 25 lbf-ft
>not 53 lbf-ft

what?

they're trying to kill the americans

It's a gixxer so its probably been owned by at least 3 niggers and god knows what kind of maintenance they might have done to the bike.

>went to 4 banks and several online lenders
>not a single one will finance me for a used 6k bike or even the 4k one because mid-20's and sub 600 credit score

i can't take being a nobike faggot again

time to commit seppuku

Would a Yamaha 1600 Roadster be a good beginners bike?

Just don't eat out and save money for a few months, it's worth it

Yes. Cruisers are fun and torquey

>Cruisers are fun
don't lie to him

Cool meme friend! I enjoy mine. I'm sorry you're so close minded :D

>spin front wheel on stand
>won't spin
>wonder which caliper it is
>muscle one off
>see which piston it is
>look it parts drawer
>have whole spare caliper - for a bike i don't have anymore

well fug

:)

(faggot)

Cool story bro!

kys dumb nigger

:*

close mindedness is how you get through life happily.

everything everyone says is bullshit, and they have to prove it's not. if it turns out it's not, you can always say YOU were wrong, and that's alright. a man can admit he was wrong. but you don't want to have to say THEY were wrong after proving it yourself, because then you have failed by another person's ideas and that fucking sucks, especially if it's something like a $3000+ purchase of a motorcycle, that may or may not end up crashed, or at least with a scraped up exhaust pipe, before you have a chance to realize it's shit and sell it for what you bought it for.

when someone insists that a harley is good I say "alright, let me take one for a spin and we'll see" and they quickly back off upon seeing my immaculate 600 and realizing that i would probably scrape their new chromed out drag pipes pulling out of the driveway, stop, and say "nevermind, this bike is shit".

Tl;dr.
Thank you, friend :)

long tldr: results and objective observations talk, opinions don't, except for this opinion stating that anything said must be backed by results and facts, preferably those viewed with your own eyes.

short tldr: don't listen to this faggot, test ride multiple bikes

bikesales.com.au/editorial/details/yamahas-2018-yz450f-breaks-cover-107589/

>2018 YZ-450 has an app controlled ECU
Why has no one brought this up before? that's he hypest shit.

Dirt only

Why isn't this more common? Dyno shop jewish conspiracy?

Probably wasn't possible or just wasn't thought of yet, that's why it's cool, because it may end up on streetbikes in the future.

You are such a fucking autist

the butthurt is strong tonight I see

Literally everyone and their mother has had app connection since 2014
It's a dumb concept that is nowhere near what a dyno shop does, it's a glorified selector button

Where do you think we are?

post boipucci /dbt/

stick your head in an oven degenerate faggot

>shitskin
yuck

spokane.craigslist.org/mcy/6134913590.html

is this a good beginner bike? only $1508

i promise i won't twist the twisty thing all the way

What the fuck

No way it's 1500

the twisty thing, you know, in the center of the handlebars. the steering column? if you twist it the bike leans over, that's dangerous.

i've only rode a honda ruckus but this seems like a sweet deal

it's $1508 not $1500

user that bike is stolen.

I feel like prices that don't end in two zeroes are one of the earmarks of bots and scams

Let's see, what could it be
Maybe pictures of a nice bike but when you show up he says "sorry bro another guy just bought it - but hey do you want to look at this other one I'm also selling?" And that's the stolen one that he doesn't want to post pics of.

>Also have a new SV650
>Dropped it while standing still because hills are hard
>An hour after I bought it
>Only broke the left peg feeler tho so it's good

Widum Boise

That is so stolen

No, because you're going to get pulled over doing stupid kid shit and find out it's hot.

alright i'm going to buy a CBR600F4i instead

wish me luck

>spokane.craigslist.org/mcy/6134913590.html
pictures of an r1, add is for an r6, and way to cheap.

itsa scam

Solid bikes
I have one for a wet bike for track/race days.
Very forgiving and dependable.

>"ad is for an R6"
>engine displacement: 998

>contact name: Ashley

It could also be a divorcecycle.

>add is for an r6
>Low Reserve On This YZF-R1

It's a 'the bike is in another city or country but i have the title scam'. They claim to have the title and want you to paypal or western union them the money and theyll mail you the title bullshit. Theres ads like this in EVERY city in cl.

>perform much needed maintenance on your current bike
>sell it for $500 less than you bought it for to some sucker and buy a new bike
>you were that sucker once so you know it works

decisions, decisions

I had a Yamaha moped/scooter 50cc fourstroke back in 1998. Rode it for 13k miles before I sold it. All I did was top it off on oil and petrol. I had to the change the rear tire once, because I got a nail in it. Absolutely no problems with that thing, ever.

>not 300 dollars more than you bought it for

Kind of hard to hide the scraping sound from the dragging front brake though

It must be an Sv thing because I've dropped mine about 4 times and this is the third lever I've had to replace since I bought it about a month ago.

Sounds like you two need a set of these...

>kid waves at me
>willy
>mother yells at me
~WHY CAN'T WE BE FRIENDS?~