Overrated cars general

overrated cars general

Why they fuck wasn't the GTR the first choice

The Miura is possibly the least overrated iconic Lambo. All the later wedges are just underperforming gaudy eye candy.

AE86, GT86, Miata, all BMWs and Audis

Toyota Camry

Thank you, man of taste.

And a thousand curses upon whoever shitcanned that new age Miura a few years ago.

Image unrelated.

Maybe, but it literally the last of its kind with virtually no competition. Thats how they get away with pricing them the way they do.

>pricing them the way they do
inexpensively? The base model isn't expensive at all.

How have they avoided the whole "ugly as hell" look that all other modern cars have?

More or less true. There was the Toyota FJ Cruiser up until 2015-2016, but it did have IFS. Not that IFS is a cardinal sin in and of itself, but anyone who wants to put a 20" lift needs a SFA.

Truth be told, though, the FJ is a better vehicle than the Wrangler, in most respects. The Wrangler continues to sell because it has an unmatched "cool" factor - you can strip off the doors, top, and drive it like a beach buggy. You couldn't even get a sunroof on the FJs.

I do agree that the Wrangler belongs in this thread, though. At this point in time, it's an over-rated piece of FCA shit - the build quality is fucking horrendous on these things. They sell based on marketing and the prestige of being a Jeep driver.

>pic: the only Jeep worth owning

By not updating the design any more than absolutely necessary, see also: Porsche 911.

Why would anyone say this is even a good car? they were a high mpg shitbox.

Now the tracker...that was a fucking automobile.

Remember the autistic screeching when they changed to square headlights? Holy fuck.

But 2bh pham, I think the YJs are going to become quite coveted in the years to come. They're already quite rare.

I don't think they look all that bad, I'd drive one if it had a rotisserie restoration and the shitty Chrysler drivetrain was replaced with something reliable.

I would say that the Miura is the least overrated of the Lamborghini line up.

any civic type r

fucking no torque having piece of shit driven by 17 year olds that think they're race car drivers because their car is loud with stickers

Small block Chevy and an Allison?

>chrysler transmission
yeah let's replace tha-
>engine
if you have the 401 and you replace it you're a fucking moron desu

By not shaping it like a jellybean like every ((CUV)) on the market. The other user made a good point too.

Agreed, the Charger is the superior MOPAR muscle car of the era.

T. Assmad GM fangirl

>not the '70 Super Bee

>overrated cars
>no supra
yall fuckin up

the Supra.

Just something about the stance on the Charger and how aggressive it looks in my mind is the quintessential muscle car.

This could probably be extended to the Chiron as well.

The performance of the miura was pretty sub par compared to it's contemporaries. Heck it was a full 2 seconds slower than a burger coupe with a truck engine.

Of course the miura is gorgeous inside and out and sounds a lot better than a truck engine.

The charger WAS an overrated car until the new challenger came along and took the focus back to the "pony" car.

Thank god because the charger was getting real expensive, but prices are going down again

>not willy's

Acura TL

>401
>Chrysler
>in a YJ
I don't even know where to begin.

>Supra
>Overrated
Nah it earned its fame idiot

>The performance of the miura was pretty sub par compared to it's contemporaries.
Apart from the thing where it was the world's fastest production car. The Veyron wasn't built for track performance either.

Why is there so much dead space in the front by the hood lock? Pedestrian safety?

Which car?

>CJ5
>not a CJ3

Flat fenders for life

wtf i like Veeky Forums now

honda in general
s2k is sick tho

did the supra earn it's name or did the 2jz?

aside from the price, can you really say it's overrated when nobody that has one uses it for its purpose?

Say what you will, but there's nothing overrated about its design. I heard a story somewhere (may have been Hammond) about how the intake near the door was very sharp and used to cut people if they weren't careful. Rich people and celebrities used to injure themselves on a stupid sharp piece that was only fitted for aesthetic purposes. And what did Lambo do to fix this? Nothing. They did nothing and it kept hurting people. I think that bit alone gives it some gravitas

And the injured owners? Never heard a story about them giving up on driving it...

17 year olds can't afford Type Rs and the new one makes more torque than whatever you drive

Yes it is. They can strip out a 2 door wrangler to its bare essentials and sell it for dirt cheap if they wanted to

Why get a YJ when the TJ can do everything just as good, if not better, and be more comfortable in the process?

Chargers are overrated in that regard though.
Superbees and Roadrunners can get the same drivetrains in lighter packages.

Looks better desu.

*worse looking packages

GTRs? Come on....
This one really is overrated

How is the gt86 overrated when everyone shits on its performance stop hanging out with fuccbois who think they're the next dagumi or wannabe drift kiddies

OP didn't say underrated..

whats with the heat sinks on the light tho?

behold, overrating champion 1983-2017

I gotta agree. So over priced, would rather a Evo 6 or S2000 instead