ITT: A E S T H E T I C car publicity spots

I'll start with Renault Alliance and Nissan GT-R

youtube.com/watch?v=iUIwQ6EWnZM
For the record I doubt the drags weren't arranged. Also kek at the Corolla having a live axle in 2017 when it used to have proper suspension.

youtube.com/watch?v=8sArLR04ABg
youtube.com/watch?v=6Q9AcL4rPhw
>those synths
I'm sure it must have come across as cheesy back in the day, but I love to listen to it. It's like they all they wanted was to show off how Japan had state-of-the-art tech even in instruments, disregarding whether or not it was appropriate to use synths for a particular piece.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=01uwRZkMq24
youtube.com/watch?v=sgjZzK7c0Sc
youtube.com/watch?v=UuuT2Q_SmD4
youtube.com/watch?v=XYz3sl0LEA4
youtube.com/watch?v=CP7ijUkgc-4
youtu.be/QLDjiMdRZhg
youtube.com/watch?v=vSNoqeYHBQ0
youtu.be/TKNMTAAAUbE
youtube.com/watch?v=6a8rgtAJAYs
youtube.com/watch?v=AqX8fL7Bp8k
youtube.com/watch?v=jefP5EzUJW8
youtube.com/watch?v=F5JBrixGDt8
youtube.com/watch?v=1XLyCDsKhGo
youtube.com/watch?v=RZPcZq2K2qQ
youtube.com/watch?v=GzGwIemyJjk
youtube.com/watch?v=Z1qSiPcfvDc
youtube.com/watch?v=zfsMP3XiSdY
youtu.be/HVEXptaQszI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Skoda 130. This car seemed so comfy and nice.

Music is this compilatoion of Hungarian Synth. Communism beats.

buddy, you forgot the link :^)

My bad
m.youtube.com/watch?v=01uwRZkMq24

The third song is my favorite.

That's not what I was looking for when I made the thread (I was looking for vintage ads with period music in them) but it's fucking awesome, truly ahead of it's time, on the same league as Moroder and Carpenter. Thanks for sharing, friend!
Have some Swedish obscure stuff: youtube.com/watch?v=sgjZzK7c0Sc

And to get back on the thread:
youtube.com/watch?v=UuuT2Q_SmD4

oh shit I just noticed that the synth-heavy ad was for the Japanese market lol

>that smug laugh
I didn't even watch the whole thing before posting it but it's fucking hilarious

Shit my bad. Heres a poster for the rally version though.

I was fully expecting the panda in the end to flip its shit, kek
youtube.com/watch?v=XYz3sl0LEA4

>it's a wrench to the windshield episode

Can't get any more 80s than this. It's even cocaine white.
youtube.com/watch?v=CP7ijUkgc-4

How would Alphonse shit on the Corvette in 1984?

youtu.be/QLDjiMdRZhg

Fucking based. I love those old ads with the cars being driven around and stuff.
>tfw there's a late Volvo S90 for a steal around me but I can't afford it because I don't have a job

Check this out, the guy sounds as hopeless as K Billy the DJ from Reservoir dogs, kek
youtube.com/watch?v=vSNoqeYHBQ0

youtu.be/TKNMTAAAUbE

Nice XJ220 mirrors

You mean TVR?

>For the record I doubt the drags weren't arranged.
>t. gm fangirl

They really look very similar or are they the same and if so what would the point be of using other manufacturer parts which are not related at all?

The CX was a donor for many exotics and supercars, look it up. And the taillights on the McLaren F1 come from a Dutch bus (again thanks to TVR lol).

the CX is nearly 20 years older tho

that's the joke
also nice R25, the interior is god tier on the upper trims like Baccara

Man I'd totally daily a Skoda 125/130 if parts weren't impossible to get by in 99% of the world.

I woudnt know since there's a lot of dumb-dumbs on here and the vast majority doesnt even consider french cars as, well, actual cars.
Also, yeah, the interior of R25s is absolute fucking top tier. I love these fuckers.
>tfw gasoline models aren't too expensive
>tfw insurance is death incarnate

>I woudnt know since there's a lot of dumb-dumbs on here and the vast majority doesnt even consider french cars as, well, actual cars.
>Also, yeah, the interior of R25s is absolute fucking top tier. I love these fuckers.
kek, that's true
Poe's law in full force
>tfw insurance is death incarnate
Why is it so expensive when they aren't worth a lot? Also my dad has a Laguna (its successor) with the same kind of voice synthesis, it's great. The seats aren't as amazing as the ones in the 25 though and it doesn't have leather.

because they consider 100hp as a sports car.
Even my current 80hp tarbo-deezel R21 still costs me 90€/month, and they didnt want to insure a 140hp S10 Blazer.
Where are you where insurance isnt that expensive but you still have 25s?
also
>laguna
>successor
it's the successor to the 21, the safrane is the heir of the 25, albeit both of these being entirely worse than the vehicles they replaced.

You're right, I fucked up with the models. And I live in South America, but I've never seen a 25 here. I've seen Safranes though. 21s exist but are very rare. Lagunas are uncommon but not precisely rare.
Check out all this 80s goodness

My dad used to have one of those 25's when I was a kid. It was only a 4 cylinder and not the Baccara. We did not had any other Renaults since then. After that he got an Citroen XM, C5 and now he has the C6 which he probably will gonna keep a long time since he is only one year from retirement.

Not even a car ad, but I kept it because of the car. Can anyone tell me what it it?

looks like some variation of the Willys Jeep Station Wagon

I think you're right. Funny, now you mention it, I notice it says "Jeep" right on it, but I wasn't even thinking it could be American.

yeah, Willys Station wagon was my first thought as I've seen quite a lot of them here in South America (aka IKA Estanciera). The two doors in the back are a rarity though.

youtube.com/watch?v=6a8rgtAJAYs
youtube.com/watch?v=AqX8fL7Bp8k

Not as 80s as you might like, but still a bit aesthetic

oh and seeing the letters pretty much confirmed it
maybe it's some other model I don't know of but the lines are really close to the Jeep Station Wagon

Nice, I love that song. The Doro Pesch version outright enamores me.
youtube.com/watch?v=jefP5EzUJW8

Does Nissan make the comfiest ads, lads?

rather, I pulled 2 others
youtube.com/watch?v=F5JBrixGDt8
youtube.com/watch?v=1XLyCDsKhGo
I think this one only aired once

holy shit this fucking ad
youtube.com/watch?v=RZPcZq2K2qQ

ayyy when I saw the thumbnail I thought "is that fucking Marty McFly?" and then I lost my shit when I clicked it
>it's a Marty McFly episode
>Huey Lewis and the News starts playing

Most aesthetic ads by far
youtube.com/watch?v=GzGwIemyJjk
youtube.com/watch?v=Z1qSiPcfvDc

I like the double entendre on "Built for the human race", as a race you have to win so you buy one of their cars to do it.

also
>tfw no Christie gf

youtube.com/watch?v=zfsMP3XiSdY
>dat music and sunset

fukken nice
the japs are truly the best at smooth jazz

youtu.be/HVEXptaQszI
I'm just laughing to this that they show in the commercial the car without one wheel

some guy who owns a Xantia said in the comments that it's misleading advertising because it can only be driven up to about 30 km/h in that condition