Veeky Forums's thoughts?

Veeky Forums's thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rDhSn0mAIXA
youtube.com/watch?v=lCxqSNsYWc8
qz.com/972897/china-is-selling-more-electric-vehicles-than-the-us-and-its-not-even-close/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They better ramp up them coal burning plants output to produce more electricity to compensate for rise in demands

get ready for ancient shitboxes to be worth tons of money

Or unshit misinformed liberals about nuclear power

It's not legislated. What did they mean by this.

>driving a car
ishygddt

The majority of France's power comes from nuclear.

France is 75% nuclear and 15% renewables (mostly hydro)

I'd like to know what damage the used batteries will do to the environment.

To be honest electric cars taking over as the average daily driver could be a blessing in disguise for car enthusiasts. With manufacturers no longer having to build small, weak engines to cater to the normies or loading shit boxes up with gadgets they may be able to better invest in building more performance orientated combustion engines. We might also see new performance cars without the extra appliances we don't care for, as the car can be built solely for the driving experience.

It's shit news for poor fags though cause they'll be expensive.

lmao good luck

Wanna see some electric motorcycles. Seems like a good thing, get on it Harley Davidson

I'm surprised these arent about already to be honest. Maybe electric bikes were too heavy?

We were supposed to stop using gas by 1982

careful now. might trigger the drumpf supporters by mentioning clean energy

Electric cars are only fashion accessories, once the truth behind the so-called "zero-emissions" come out people will quickly change their mind. Banning all ICE vehicles will be the worst and most ignorant thing a government could you, for example an electric truck wouldn't succeed to surpass the ICE ones just thing of the range a 10tonnes electric truck would have.

Random question. Can electric cars drift well?

France is gay.

My m3 is probably worn out long before then anyway, so I don't worry.

It's cute that france still thinks it will be a country in 2040

more money to right skyrocketing HIV rates :^)

>Nuclear

They're still going to have to increase electrical output nationwide. Everyone that plans on doing this does. Depending on the power source it'll only cause mote pollution.

Theyre already building one.

I forgot that the Mitsubishi i existed

Literbike weight but can't do highway speeds because 1 gear. They're finally making transmissions that can handle the torque but they're still heavy as shit and don't have much range.

I think it's mostly due to range. You can't get very far to begin with, recharge stations arent very prevalent, and charging can take a while.

Weight is a factor, but lots of cruiser bikes are already pigs. I think the bigger advantages are noise (tinnitus) and AWD.

As does all power generation, however they would likely expand sources they are good at and aim for renewable production like other leaders in the EU (Germany). Do remember that nuclear still produces less radioactive waste than coal and has no airborne pollutants.

I can't imagine an electric bike having a good range since they have to be small and compact

Frog's BTFO'd once again

The instant torque makes it pretty hard, and not having gears makes it impossible

Fpbp

France has a surplus and exports power to Germany and other nations.

France has ridiculous amount of free electricity at night because such large part of their power generation capacity is nuclear, which can't be turned on and off quickly based on demand.

Because of France's nuclear power plants, the wholesale electricity rate in the continental western Europe drops to zero or near zero every fucking night in spring and fall.

Electric cars could be made to charge mostly at night, and France could support millions of them with no new capital investment in power generation.

RC ones do just fine.
There are a few ones already, both slow scooters and performance oriented sports bikes. Forgot the name but they did a pikes peak run on it.

The Zero with extra battery pack has a range near 300km already, which is similar to ICE bikes. With the fast charger is was like 20 minutes for a 90% charge, although that one only had a range of 200km. Which should be fine anyway.
Because they don't need so much power they can get away with less batteries (which lowers the weight without losing range)

the problem with that is that carmakers are global. so I would fully expect cucks like ford deciding they are gonna follow suit and only sell electric cars, simply because they want to keep selling in europistan. Which means Americans yet again, suffer the wrath of EU oriented car design.

the biggest player here is china. the PEOPLE want gas guzzling cars because they literally copy American Culture and so they want big cars. (which is why most chinese market cars are long wheelbase)

but Im not sure what the government wants to do. they cant keep getting away with their environmental fuckery forever and they know it. So i can imagine them going full hog into electric simply to take the piss out of people like Trump who call them out on it.

as long as china wants gas powered cars, they are safe in America. As soon as they go electric, we're fucked.

France is already 75% Nuclear retard.

Removing all vehicles that run on fossil fuels and uping the usage of fossil fuels to generate enough electricity to operate electric cars would still result in a net reduction of carbon emission compared to today, for France at least.

But keep spouting misinformation bullshit. We all know you're just being a right wing looney because that's the new counter-culture.

I don't think they can make it to 2040 as a country.

>Tfw electric cars -> no manual trans
>Tfw more CO2 emissions are released making those damn batteries than the car would put out anyways

>tfw your old and have lots of cars
>tfw you arnt gonna sell em
>tfw everyone gonna be so jelly

>be retarded leftist subhuman
>devise a (((plan))) that over the next 80 years (((possibly))) reduces the temperature of earth by 0.3 degree F
>assume that the Earth should be a constant temperature and should not fluctuate
>use it as a way to ruin developed economies which has been a communist agenda for decades
>leftists cried global cooling in 70s/80s and an ice age that would ruin the earth (look it up)
>be so confident in the plan that you have a temper tantrum meltdown and say zero negotiations when Trump says fuck off

This is great, can't wait to see France get closer to being completely destroyed.

Leftists can't figure out how to stop muslims from running their people over with trucks, or how to stop priests from being beheaded during Sunday mass, but they can figure out how to change the Earth's temperature by 0.3 degree F over 80 years if everyone does exactly what they say.

Yep, the (((Paris Accord))) is definitely one of man kind's greatest achievements.

they exist, but are pretty crap
>heavy
>no range
>not faster than a conventional bike
gas bikes can already accelerate fast enough to lift the front wheel, so the added bottom end power isn't needed as much as it is in cars, but the range is a real deal breaker since there is not a lot of room to hide batteries on a bike.

Lol the climate accords are a joke.

T. Decatted ls1

thats fine, let france be cucked
their nation will collapse by 2040

youtube.com/watch?v=rDhSn0mAIXA
Doesn't seem to have an issue here.

youtube.com/watch?v=lCxqSNsYWc8
Or here, but this is on dirt, granted.

this

Assuming I had no financial investment and was literally just being given one to drive around for a while does kind of liking the BMW i3 make me a horrible person?

This is hilarious
>Murrica

Between this and the rise of autonomous driving the future is looking pretty exciting after this century-long stagnation of incremental upgrades.

>century-long stagnation of incremental upgrades.

What do you mean by this?

This is win-win. ICE are left alone for enthusiasts to enjoy, and EV do the daily driving. Good for us, good for the environment.

They exist. Too dangerous because they're so quiet.

>France has to give up ICE
>India and China get to keep doing what they're doing

Americlap here, is buying cars in spain/germany where ever and bringing them into france a thing?
would it be a way around this retarded ban?

>in 23 years
Given how far EV technology has come in the last, like, 10 years, I'm all for it.

That said, there will still be millions upon millions of cars on the road, and people who don't want or can't buy an EV will probably just buy them from neighbouring countries that give slightly less fucks about their CO2 emissions than France does. Assuming their precious European Union doesn't fall, importing a car will be ezpz.

>surrendering to fucking unpredictable weather
Scooby-dooby doo

>unpredictable weather
I think the sea level rising is a bigger concern to be quite honest famalam

nucular
it's spelted:
Nuculer

It's just an anti-terrorism measure to ensure that the muslims don't go blowing up/setting fire to cars all over the country when they inevitably make up the majority of the population.

China already has more EV registrations annually than the US

qz.com/972897/china-is-selling-more-electric-vehicles-than-the-us-and-its-not-even-close/

Aren't they pushing to close nuclear plants?

good

Maybe with this change we can finally move onto the future of automotive technology, the hydrogen car

It's inevitable.

Only dumbfuck liberals like you actually believe this.

Electric batteries aren't good for the environment. Same goes for solar panels.